Irrational Parents

Do you really think that is what he wants to do? Sue his own parents in court?

Regardless of how he got the money, his parents most likely helped him obtain it and they are after all his parents, so they should control his money.

I wasn't saying that he should sue his parents. What I was saying is that in all probability he still "owns" that money, even if it is in their accounts. In the eyes of the law  his parents are not dissimilar to a bank in terms of money of his that they currently have.

And to the rest of you. Honestly, for shame. You can say what you would do all you like, but in the end he obviously has a far different situation than any of you. Sure he might be spoiled in terms of what some of you are running, but is that any reason to go out and make a stupid decision all the worse by hounding him for over his personal life? Seriously jesus christ. For him these problems are fucking real, real enough for him to take the time and effort to come here and vent about it, looking for some support, and what do you guys do? You harass him for having what most of you are making out to be a far better monetary foundation than you. He's not running around with dual Xeons and quad sli Titan Xs is he? No. Honestly, is it a little vain to go and complain about not being able to get any more new tech stuff for a year, yea. But isn't it absurd if he wants to purchase something with money he's earned himself, and is refused of doing so by his parents? His parents might have some underlying goal yes, or they could just have been fed up.

You cant all just assume his parents are doing this for the right reason, or that he is any less affected by it just because he has some nicer god damned things than you. His parents can afford nice things. He saved up money to afford more nice things, but you can't afford the same nice things so you judge his life and his parents. Well done guys, what an awesome display of human compassion you all have. Threads like this honestly make me sick when i see replies start to take punches at a 13yr old kid for wanting to have nice stuff.

On a side note, OP, you could probably use the word Nazi less. >.> that's just kinda unfair... Just say you're being controlled by the Bourgeoisie instead, that's at least bound to broaden your vocabulary :D

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

If they gave you the money then i guess they have the right to limit you somewhat like that money could be for you to go out with your friends on the weekend or something?

I wasn't saying that he should sue his parents. What I was saying is that in all probability he still "owns" that money, even if it is in their accounts. In the eyes of the law his parents are not dissimilar to a bank in terms of money of his that they currently have.

And to the rest of you. Honestly, for shame. You can say what you would do all you like, but in the end he obviously has a far different situation than any of you. Sure he might be spoiled in terms of what some of you are running, but is that any reason to go out and make a stupid decision all the worse by hounding him for over his personal life? Seriously jesus christ. For him these problems are fucking real, real enough for him to take the time and effort to come here and vent about it, looking for some support, and what do you guys do? You harass him for having what most of you are making out to be a far better monetary foundation than you. He's not running around with dual Xeons and quad sli Titan Xs is he? No. Honestly, is it a little vain to go and complain about not being able to get any more new tech stuff for a year, yea. But isn't it absurd if he wants to purchase something with money he's earned himself, and is refused of doing so by his parents? His parents might have some underlying goal yes, or they could just have been fed up.

You cant all just assume his parents are doing this for the right reason, or that he is any less affected by it just because he has some nicer god damned things than you. His parents can afford nice things. He saved up money to afford more nice things, but you can't afford the same nice things so you judge his life and his parents. Well done guys, what an awesome display of human compassion you all have. Threads like this honestly make me sick when i see replies start to take punches at a 13yr old kid for wanting to have nice stuff.

On a side note, OP, you could probably use the word Nazi less. >.> that's just kinda unfair... Just say you're being controlled by the Bourgeoisie instead, that's at least bound to broaden your vocabulary :D

We don't judge him for wanting new stuff. My point is that they are his parents, and therefore should have the final say in everything. We can't give him any advice and the fact that he goes and complains on this forum irritates me the slightest bit. How should we support him here? We can't go march to his house asking his parents to hand over the money and force them to buy stuff. Nor can we go out and gift this boy all the shit he wants. I just think this thread is unnecessary.

His parents are his parents and will always have a logical reason to back their actions.

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

His parents are his parents and will always have a logical reason to back their actions.

"Always"?  Not necessarily. 

It may well be only logical to them, they may have just woke up that morning and decide "right we will fuck with the offspring today" (you do not get a personality transplant when you have children). 

Generally parents do want the best for their kids and try their best to teach/inform; but "always", nah.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

"Always"?  Not necessarily. 

It may well be only logical to them, they may have just woke up that morning and decide "right we will fuck with the offspring today" (you do not get a personality transplant when you have children). 

Generally parents do want the best for their kids and try their best to teach/inform; but "always", nah.

No I stand my ground. Parents always want the best for their children. No parent would just ale up one day and say "imma be an asshole to my child today".

If they do they are shirty parents and judging by ops description they are not shitty parents

Im so patriotic, I piss red white and blue. My doctor told me it was pancreatic cancer, I told him to SHUT HIS COMMIE MOUTH.

-A shotgun wielding redneck

If they do they are shirty parents

"If they do" implies that it can happen so not every parent is a saint there are "shitty" ones.

Not saying (or implying) this is what is happening here, but parents whilst usually wanting the best for their kids are NOT all saints; some are arseholes, some are vindictive ,some are...

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

So I just got this new x99 stuff 2 weeks ago, almost 3. I've had this case for about 7 months. I just had my birthday party with my friends and I have enough money to buy an Air 540 or new cooler. But of course these Nazis think that just because they were very kind to buy me a new laptop that'll come in a week that they can say that I can't use my own money and that I "need to cool down." I promised my dad that if he got the laptop that I would wait until Pascal for a new graphics card. He decided to alter it so that I can't do jack shit to the PC at all for another YEAR. I can't get a new case with my own money or even add some more RAM to my laptop for $50 for 16GB. Freaking pisses me off to the extent that I don't want to even look at them. My dad expects me to get arthritis or some shit from trying to access my I/O on my narrow AF desk.

kid your parents are saying you should save your money thats all, you have been going on a spending spree and maybe you should chill out with the hardware buying.

I dont see anything wrong here I think YOUR being irrational

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

OH MY GOD MODERATOR PLZ LOCK THIS THREAD I DIDN'T WANT ALL OF THIS ATTENTION 

I think your parents are right.

Somebody who calls his parents "Nazis" shouldn't get a new case.

I think your parents are right.

Somebody who calls his parents "Nazis" shouldn't get a new case.

Oh for god's sake I don't really mean it. I was just mad for like an hour a few days ago and this thread just won't stop. 

I'm in a similar situation. I make my own money, have my own job, and even pay my portion of the bills. However my step dad STILL blocks the Internet whenever he feels like I'm on too much (barely an hour a day). Even when I'm using the Internet for homework. Which most of the time I am because I work a full shift after school and barely have time for homework. He ranted at me last night about how I should save my money and not spend it on useless stuff (ie. Ram). I agree, however I have over $1k saved in my checking account and another $5k in savings. I never dip below $1k and barely buy anything for myself besides food. I also have a $50k scholarship to Rolla University. If anything, MY parents are the fascists.

I'm 17 and treats like a 12 year old. Next year I'm out.

In your case, I think you're just a bit spoiled.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.