Where would you ideally like to live in?

WR10

Rapture, but not all destroyed and filled with crazy people.

Sedona is geographically meant to be an amazing place, that's just stunning and otherworldly in its beauty, but unfortunately it's full of new age crazies and woo woo weirdos who think it's some kind of gathering place.

Lesbos, home of Sappho (who was actually also married and had children). But seriously, any place in the world that actually says "Lesbos" on the actual map has to be worth seeing right? I mean seriously it says it right there on the map.

Belize, is a place I've been that was absolutely stunningly beautiful. There was a relatively fast flowing river next to the camp and I'd swim in it every day. At first just close to the riverbank where the water was still then a little further out each day until I was swimming against the current in the middle of the river. Whenever there were clouds they were full of electricity and every night without clouds the stars were as clear as you could imagine, and we were so high up they seemed to surround us and all of the shallow water there is so clear it may as well just be a light distortion. In the U.K. we have swarms of gnats, in Belize the swarms are butterflies. It was an amazing place.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

top kek, you are possibly the only other person on this forum that knows that

I feel like a lot of people here would know who that is.

Pro tip: Skellefteå and Luleå are amazing little towns, try to avoid the big 3 cities, not only are they insanely expensive but it's also tough to get a job, and nowhere to have a BBQ :P

You know.. I'd never imagined having a BBQ in Scandinavia. I like it. At least the beer might stay cool.

Count me in. Got any jobs for 3D designers who are also studying astronomy? :P

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Proper AKs are near impossible to get, but shotguns are more or less okay (although if you wanna use them for anything but hunting you're in for a big and nasty surprise).

You can drive whatever you want, but the cars (at least new) are about 40% more expenisve due to idiotic tax policy.

The weather is batshit crazy, it can go from -10 to +5 in a matter of 24 hours, winters can go down to -30 (although that's rare, it averages -15-18 during coldest months) and last two summers were at stable +30+38.

Not 100% sure about electricity (it's roughly 15 US cents per kWh at day and 4 cents/kWh at night), but the petrol is more expensive than in the US, about $0.85 per liter (that's about $3.2/gal for you Imperial system users).

On the plus side, no one gives a shit about anything.

Wow but what about the youtube videos of Russians shooting ak's out of there cars? lol.

We also have to pay alot more for cars than america like a car could be $60k-$70k in America and we will pay $100k+ for the same car.

Our weather is insane too but it's never that cold! We can have like all the seasons in one week lol.

Idk what our electricity per kWh is at all (except it's expensive) but i do know our petrol is $1.30 - $1.40 per litre, we haven't had petrol that cheap in years!

Haha!!

I feel like a lot of people here would know who that is.

Well, nearly everyone here knows a certain meme he accidentally created *wink wink*

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Well, nearly everyone here knows a certain meme he accidentally created *wink wink*

Again, I don't think that's going to be much of an inside joke. :P

Wow but what about the youtube videos of Russians shooting ak's out of there cars? lol.

We also have to pay alot more for cars than america like a car could be $60k-$70k in America and we will pay $100k+ for the same car.

Our weather is insane too but it's never that cold! We can have like all the seasons in one week lol.

Idk what our electricity per kWh is at all (except it's expensive) but i do know our petrol is $1.30 - $1.40 per litre, we haven't had petrol that cheap in years!

Haha!!

We have dashcams though :3

Again, I don't think that's going to be much of an inside joke. :P

Would you kindly explain the meme? Or am I there already??

Personally I'd rather live in Columbia, geographically speaking (not socially). I think Rapture would be a depressing place to live. Columbia would be beautiful.

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Personally I'd rather live in Columbia, geographically speaking (not socially). I think Rapture would be a depressing place to live. Columbia would be beautiful.

4rdOcQasKart.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

(Ben Croshaw is an author of Zero Punctuation, the PC Master Race was first ironically mentioned in his Witcher review) 

(Ben Croshaw is an author of Zero Punctuation, the PC Master Race was first ironically mentioned in his Witcher review) 

Okay, then I have no idea what you're talking about.   :P

Only about 100km away, this is where I'll move eventually:

Reine, Lofoten, Norway

Above pic: 3 AM on a midsummer night

View from one of the mountains

Winter

Thats so beautiful.

I would live in Monaco. Best cars and always perfect weather. And living there will sure make you have a nice girls all the time with you since we all know women love mostly money and status.

@Serin

Seriously, your new signature hurts on so many levels..

Cheese is a kind of meat.
Flaming homosexual.

...I mean come on: cheese a kind of meat??

@Serin

Seriously, your new signature hurts on so many levels..

...I mean come on: cheese a kind of meat??

Never watched The Mighty Boosh? Or just not a fan?

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Never watched The Mighty Boosh? Or just not a fan?

Err...actually no. I've seen a few but never really got caught up in it? I was kind of more into League of Gentlemen? Not sure if there's a valid dichotomy there but...

Also, not trying to QFT your sig. if you want me to delete that post I will? :0/

What I kind of mean is, if the second phrase is also a comedy reference, you literally did just leave me thinking you were gay...you know...just FYI.

I stand corrected. :P

I stand corrected. :P

Anything with the term "master race" attached I just tend not to spend too much time on. :0/ 

Am I wrong again, I don't know. I'm beginning to feel like Doctor Evil again.

Edit:

Okay, so Serin's maddening...she only seems to reply once to any given set of overtures. 

Okay, so Serin's maddening...she only seems to reply once to any given set of overtures. 

Hah, Nah. Mad me is more the 'type til my fingers bleed'. This is more the I crawled into bed and my phone went flat and I hate using the core i3 duo laptop beside my bed. 2.27ghz of glory.

Its late here, I don't have the energy to be emotionally active enough for mad. Got too much starring at screens and moving vertices  to do tomorrow.

As to the second line of my sig. It's true at least... what like 86% of the time?

Cheese monger.

Hah, Nah. Mad me is more the 'type til my fingers bleed'. This is more the I crawled into bed and my phone went flat and I hate using the core i3 duo laptop beside my bed. 2.27ghz of glory.

Its late here, I don't have the energy to be emotionally active enough for mad. Got too much starring at screens and moving vertices  to do tomorrow.

As to the second line of my sig. It's true at least... what like 86% of the time?

Okay, so I guess all things being equal that gives me a 14% chance? ;0)

(...yeah, I know, the other 14% of the time you're asleep, right?) 

But seriously, that's okay, I'm just trying to flirt with you (I meant you're maddening to me) ;0)

You might want to give UnluckyTech a shout out...she's only seventeen but her interests are:

PC

PC Gaming

Girls

High Heels

Boobs

Also, QueenDementia is totally hot. I mean smoking. Seriously, from what I've seen, from one of her forum pictures, I can only imagine the sexuality pours off of that woman. If you can get your makup to mimic Demi Lovato you might really be on to a winner there...

...I'd go for something like this (but loose the jewelry)...

fashion_scans_remastered_demi_lovato_nyl

;0)

But anyway, you need to sleep and I'm supposed to be selling the contents of my home on eBay so that I can move far far away... :0/

See. I don't get people. Your language is alien to me. Seriously sometimes I think I'm lacking in some kind of basic Human communication skills that allows me to understand. But then I recite some Sagan and it all gets better.

This is why I wanted to move to the Netherlands or somesuch nearby, I could just have my underground lab/house/observatory, my cats and my partner. Just need to learn to print different types of food and some solar cells. 

Cheese monger.

Somewhere warm, tropical and free from political warfare. So I can participate in my favorite hobby...

V3GW4Nl.jpg

See. I don't get people. Your language is alien to me. Seriously sometimes I think I'm lacking in some kind of basic Human communication skills that allows me to understand. But then I recite some Sagan and it all gets better.

This is why I wanted to move to the Netherlands or somesuch nearby, I could just have my underground lab/house/observatory, my cats and my partner. Just need to learn to print different types of food and some solar cells. 

Which Sagan quote makes it better?

You don't have to answer if that's too personal.

Do you have super burritos? Thats what I thought.

Get Rekt

You are trying to start a food war against europe? please... 

You know.. I'd never imagined having a BBQ in Scandinavia. I like it. At least the beer might stay cool.

Count me in. Got any jobs for 3D designers who are also studying astronomy? :P

The beer will only stay cool if you submerge them in the ocean :P

June - August is very hot in pretty much all of Scandinavia (around 28-35 celsius) unless it's raining.

But BBQing is very common in all three Scandinavian countries during summer.

3D design work is probably not that hard to get into, the oil sector in Norway siphons up talent in Norway, some of the biggest architect companies are in Norway, (Snøhetta for example) some odd game development companies, Sweden has more game development studios but fewer jobs over all (there is a lot of work immigration from Sweden to Norway, not just because of the higher wages in Norway but also because of lack of jobs in Sweden)

I am not very knowledgeable about Denmark, but who would want to be a pancake anyway  :lol:

I know there are astronomy related jobs in both Sweden and Norway, but whether or not you would want to live on Svalbard or Antarctica is another question :P

There's the ESA site in Northern Sweden, and an observatory on Andøya in Norway, and a space engineering university in Narvik, Norway.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.