Safe to clean with a compressor?

Hello my dad has a workshop where he and some other men do carpentry and they have a high power compressor for the sawdust now i was wondering is it safe to use it to clean my pc parts like my case gpu cpu fan psu...?

Yea its fine, just either disconnect the fans or hold them still, if not you can feed power back into the system, 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

Depends, how strong is this compressor?

I'd say it's safe, but if it's really strong, keep it a good distance from the PC.

Also, prevent the fans from spinning from the air pressure.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Should be fine, using it myself.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

Depends, how strong is this compressor?

I'd say it's safe, but if it's really strong, keep it a good distance from the PC.

Also, prevent the fans from spinning from the air pressure.

Meh it's strong if you hold it close to you're hand it will make a dent in it for a good 7 sec so is it a good idea to go with short bursts?

Hello my dad has a workshop where he and some other men do carpentry and they have a high power compressor for the sawdust now i was wondering is it safe to use it to clean my pc parts like my case gpu cpu fan psu...?

Just make sure to hold the nozzle more than a foot away so as to not bend or break any of the capacitors or whatever else could be destroyed with that level of air force.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

yup but dont do anything crazy like spinning your fans with the air or using 200+PSI

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Keep it a few feet away and use short bursts. I use it myself

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Yep, its fine. Make sure you don't spin fans too fast and you can use the regulator on the compressor to reduce the pressure if needed.

It should be fine, just make sure the PSI coming out of the end isn't going to be strong enough to damage any of your parts :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

stay a long distance away like at least 5 feet

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you turn down the PSI as you don't want to blow the capacitors off your motherboard.

Regulate the pressure. I won't blow anything in my case over 30psi. Also, make sure there is no moisture in the tank. That will be just about as bad as blasting those capacitors from the motherboard.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

It is safe. If they have a moisture filter fitting (I assume they paint with compressed air too?) you should use that as well.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

yeah just secure the fans and keep a good distance if it's that powerful.

There seems to be a LTT video for almost anything.

Make sure you bleed any moisture/condensation out of the tank before you use it, if you don't, wait a good while before starting the PC up just to be safe, after cleaning the PC out.

I clean my PC exclusively with a dual tank air compressor, although it's one of those small roll around Dewalt types.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Its totally fine to clean your pc with compressed although maintain a reasonable distance between the compressor nozzle and components like the gpu.