Which part list is better for gaming?

Number 2, but both are pretty overkill :o

EDIT: dont like the keyboard on nr. 2 though

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

A Titan? 

Overkill for gaming tbh, I thought this was a content creation machine

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

Overkill on both. But I would scrap the AF fans for SP. You'll have more than enough AF fans for any PC build just with the included case fans.

why a titan X? and why the 32gb RAM?

The question is why would you not want titan x

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Why the thermal paste? 

Overkill  :lol:

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

because it is crazy expensive

yeah but it's a hypothetical build so money is not a problem and a titan x will handle anything you can throw at it it's completely future proof. So as I agree it's overkill the freeness of it makes up for that.  

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

yeah but it's a hypothetical build so money is not a problem and a titan x will handle anything you can throw at it it's completely future proof. So as I agree it's overkill the freeness of it makes up for that.  

No such thing as futureproof. While I agree the titan x will still be valid in a few years time. if the rumours are true, and you can handle the cooling, and power, the r9 390 might beat the titan x

it is not a hypothetical build.

I will build one of them.

not sure which one.

I create free buildlog banners.Want one? Go to my shop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378798-free-buildlog-banner-shop/#entry5119483

best gaming machine?
what's the point of 32gb ram.? just trying to throwing some money and fit everysingle HOLES in ur mb? okay.
why double 2 tb blackdrive? not 1 single big one?
10 af FAN? i like that now let's waste some more money for dust filter and some more daisy chain wires because u only have 6 fanheader on that MB.

rog swift? really? with titanX or double 2 980, not trying to do surround triple 1440p? jokes?

now serious talk.
watercool is not magic, add watercooling to  first build is just even more waste of money for lil to no gain of performace.
honestly i think u're going into the wrong direction but is YOUR money, dump them in the toilet >:D

not sure which one.

If I were you I'd mix some of the parts to save a bit of cash and improve performance

For example, 2 970s/980s/290xs/295x2 in the Air 540 (great airflow case, I use it for 2 aftermarket 290xs), with the h100i, no sound card, a keyboard by a manufacturer other than Razer. With the saved money, buy something like the BenQ BL3201PT 32" 4k monitor.

Strong believer of 1 Powerful > 2 Less powerful so I went for partlist 1

But that said, wow that should satisfy gaming for atleast 7-10 years (I hope I'm not over exaggerating)

HP Pavilion p007tx (i5 4210u, gt840m, 8GB DDR3 memory and a 1 TB HDD that makes cool sounds when booting up) 

Since my laptop can't run modern games too well I use a PS4

not sure which one.

really? what kind of gaming are you planning on doing? unless your going for a 4k monitor this build is completely overkill.

1) you'll never really need 32GB ram for gaming.

2) why spend so much on a graphics card when there are cards for much less that will handle any game you could possibly want to play.

3) you have thermal paste in the build with stock cooler(comes with pre applied thermal) and no thermal paste in the one with water cooler(may not come with thermal paste and or will be more likely to remove and re attach) :P

EDIT: I'm not trying to dissuade you just think you might be wasting your money a bit especially if you're under the impression that extra money is going to vastly improve your performance. There's a point when building a rig where you hit a performance barrier whereby any more investment only gives you slightly better performance at an accelerated price rise. But by all means if you want to spend a bit of money to have a really nice set up then thats your choice and no one's going to have any problems we would all have sick set ups if we could afford it. Personally I would spend a bit less and concentrate on spending some money on a nicer audio solution than headphones get a nice audio reciever and don't bother with sound cards they're a waste of money. 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Also I chose 1 because I think 970s are the nicest looking cards out there. But go for a monitor with at least 120 hz so you can have fun with 3d.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

@moderategamer do you think this setup will run me for five years? Setup 1

Yes this will stand the test of time for sure providing there isn't some massive evolution in hardware in which case there would be no way of future proofing a rig but I don't see that happening. 

I've never used pc part picker before but if you give me some time I'll make some changes to your set up and you can see what you think about it? 

Theres a few things in your build that don't really make sense for example having the two black drives isn't going to benefit you as there just storage drives not performance drives all the performance will come from your SSD.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Yes this will stand the test of time for sure providing there isn't some massive evolution in hardware in which case there would be no way of future proofing a rig but I don't see that happening. 

I've never used pc part picker before but if you give me some time I'll make some changes to your set up and you can see what you think about it? 

Theres a few things in your build that don't really make sense for example having the two black drives isn't going to benefit you as there just storage drives not performance drives all the performance will come from your SSD.

Dual hard drives for raid 0

I create free buildlog banners.Want one? Go to my shop http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/378798-free-buildlog-banner-shop/#entry5119483

Dual hard drives for raid 0

Ok fair enough I've never raided before so couldn't tell you much about that but heres what I've got for you only changed a few things. I haven't picked things like the case, mouse, keyboard etc pretty much just went for 4TB drive to save money 16Gb ram cause thats more than enough I would also consider just getting a single 970 test it see if it's giving you what you want then getting another if you feel you need it in some games it will almost double your fps and some your looking at maybe 30/40fps difference. you should go for the closed loop water cooler and I wouldn't spend 500 on case but that's up to you.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZhF8vK

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass