Pissed about the fact that I don't even have a good reason to be mad about the Titan X's price in germany!

So I'm not going to rant about the Titan X's 999$ pricepoint as I think it's not that crazy of a price for Nvidia to ask for. Sure it's not exactly a competitive price but it beats the a 970 SLI and when overclocked isn't that far of a 980 SLI. Also I think that it can't be compared to the r9 295x2 at they are targeting different folks here.

But I digress. So when the Euro was still going strong (Between 1.4 and 1.25 USD ) we (people that live in germany) could complain about how we, even if you factor in the extra 12% to 19% of taxes (Cause we pay 19% and you muricans anywhere from 0% to 7%) we were still paying another 10% to 15 %  more than you guys. (Ie I'd pay 300€/ 390$ and you guys would have to pay 300-320$) But now that the Euro has dropped so low that it might soon be worth less than a USD ( Currently at 1.06 USD and it was less than 1.05 last week. It hasn't been that  weak since bloody 2003! (Just because of the Greeks. Jk. I don't know enough about the topic to make that statment. ) 

So I was going to buy two Titan Xs, I probably will but first I want to see what AMD does with the 390x and ,I'm looking at atleast 1150€ a pop. And I can't even be mad. 1150€ is only 1223 USD atm and when I factor out the taxes ( 999$ in the US and 1027$ in germany) it's less than 3% more. 

I don't really know why I wrote this (Feel free to move this to the off-topic section if you feel it's more appropriate) but I'm kinda pissed. Most likely somebody that knows economics a lot better than I do, such as @MyInnerFred, is going to come and rek me on what I said in this topic.

TDLR: I hope the Titan X will go down in price once the availability gets better (it's terrible atm) and with the r9 390x as it's competion. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

that title.. i dont even wanna see the cost in bulgaria its like all the euro multiplied by 2

I didn't know what to put here...

So I'm not going to rant about the Titan X's 999$ pricepoint as I think it's not that crazy of a price for Nvidia to ask for. Sure it's not exactly a competitive price but it beats the a 970 SLI and when overclocked isn't that far of a 980 SLI. Also I think that it can't be compared to the r9 295x2 at they are targeting different folks here.

But I digress. So when the Euro was still going strong (Between 1.4 and 1.25 USD ) we (people that live in germany) could complain about how we, even if you factor in the extra 12% to 19% of taxes (Cause we pay 19% and you muricans anywhere from 0% to 7%) we were still paying another 10% to 15 %  more than you guys. (Ie I'd pay 300€/ 390$ and you guys would have to pay 300-320$) But now that the Euro has dropped so low that it might soon be worth less than a USD ( Currently at 1.06 USD and it was less than 1.05 last week. It hasn't been that  weak since bloody 2003! (Just because of the Greeks. Jk. I don't know enough about the topic to make that statment. ) 

So I was going to buy two Titan Xs, I probably will but first I want to see what AMD does with the 390x and ,I'm looking at atleast 1150€ a pop. And I can't even be mad. 1150€ is only 1223 USD atm and when I factor out the taxes ( 999$ in the US and 1027$ in germany) it's less than 3% more. 

I don't really know why I wrote this (Feel free to move this to the off-topic section if you feel it's more appropriate) but I'm kinda pissed. Most likely somebody that knows economics a lot better than I do, such as @MyInnerFred, is going to come and rek me on what I said in this topic.

TDLR: I hope the Titan X will go down in price once the availability gets better (it's terrible atm) and with the r9 390x as it's competion. 

the euro is also worth less because the swiss bank kept it at an certain level (they bought millions of euros)

haha and know shopping in germany is even more awesome for me (im swiss)

CPU: 4790K (4.8 ghz) | COOLING: Custom Liquid Cooling (240 mm rad) | GPU: GTX 980 ti Superclocked+ (2x)  | MOBO: Gryphon Z97 Armor Edition | RAM: Kingston (4x4 gb 1600 mhz) | SSD: 850 Evo (250 gb) | HDD: Black (1.5 tb) | CASE: Enthoo Evolv | PSU: G2 850 (850 w) | DISPLAYS: Acer XB270HU bprz / Philips 246V5LHAB/27 (3x) | KEYBOARD: Vengeance K60 | MOUSE: Naos 7000 | HEADSEAT: H Wireless / Cloud 2 | For the exact parts visit my PCPartpicker it even includes my Desk and some other stuff.

Move to the US!

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Ha! here in norway Titan X costs over 2000 bucks

Then again you guys have the highest IDH in world and earn more than 50% more money than people in germany earn on average. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

that title.. i dont even wanna see the cost in bulgaria its like all the euro multiplied by 2

Yeah I know. But you guys are used to that xD 

you live a good life when its this type of thing that gets you going. 

Yeah probably lol. 

Move to the US!

Ummm... Nah. 

Then again you guys have the highest IDH in world and earn more than 50% more money than people in germany earn on average. 

Still, we pay alot.

Yeah probably lol. 

Ummm... Nah. 

Then I guess you will have to swallow the pill ;).

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Us guys in Canada are getting screwed by the exchange rate too (and pc sellers).

newegg.com 295x2 price = $659 USD ($840 CAD)

newegg.ca 295x2 price = $1220 CAD WTF!!!!

I miss when our dollar was at parity.

Give it another year or so. Our governments strategy has been to flood the system with credit and devalue the dollar in anticipation of a decreased US dollar, instead of letting us get nailed a year later as a residual effect of the US dollar dropping, and being forced to take action afterwards. That doesn't mean the US dollar is going to faceplant, its just better to be treading water than get pulled under. I remember Harper giving a speech about the strategy many years ago. It runs a lot deeper than that and there are some political tensions between the US and other strong forces that are creating a lot of waves. I'm not an economist so I know nothing, and probably have no idea what I'm saying.

also, those 295x2 prices are insanity. I checked ncix and they're no better. wow  :wacko:

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Ahh I remember when the Australian dollar was above parity with the USD.... Good times.
I might get paid in USD most of the time.. but dear gods 1500 for a gpu here still stings.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Yeah I know. But you guys are used to that xD 

That sounded so rude but its true lol

I didn't know what to put here...

Us guys in Canada are getting screwed by the exchange rate too (and pc sellers).

newegg.com 295x2 price = $659 USD ($840 CAD)

newegg.ca 295x2 price = $1220 CAD WTF!!!!

I miss when our dollar was at parity.

This...   paid 1100$ for my Asus ROG Swift Canadian.

770$ for USD lol

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

Titan X is not made for the average consumer. It's like that Swedish fad "Sinking" where you pay somebody to pour champagne down the drain just to show people how much money you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_%28behavior%29

i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz | OC'd XFX R9 290 | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 1TB HDD, 250GB SSD | Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H | 650W Rosewill PSU | Rosewill Thor White V2 Case | Windows 8.1 | 1440p 144Hz Freesync 27" |1080p 60Hz 24"

Titan X is not made for the average consumer. It's like that Swedish fad "Sinking" where you pay somebody to pour champagne down the drain just to show people how much money you have.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_%28behavior%29

So much this

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

You're pissed that you can't be pissed?

Seems like mission accomplished anyway.

its £870 in the UK.. $999 is around £670 so why the extra 200 quid I don't know.. £670 would be good view for money for the performance..

i have a friend how works for the USAF so I may have a change to get one imported for US price.. then it's tempting.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

It's $1500 in Indonesia

I bet most of you probably never heard of it before... It's a third world country next to Australia and Singapore, $1 = 13,000 here

Africa. Starving children. They don't even have peanuts. But we get mad over the price of a Titan X.

Instead of buying a Titan X ... Take a flight to Africa. Spend all that money on food. Use that food to feed the starving children. Be a better human.

Linus is my fetish.