is the BENQ monitor good?

HyperHertz

I found a 24' BENQ monitor 1920x1080 60hz for only $150. Should I get it?

EDIT: The monitor is the GW2255 21.5' not 24'

Evidence Of Evil

For me, that is an amazing deal. (I should point out that I'm Canadian, and often get the short end of the stick in terms of pricing on..... well, just about everything)

If you feel as though it is a worthy upgrade, then go for it.

I found a 24' BENQ monitor 1920x1080 60hz fpr only $150. Should I get it?

Ya, BENQ monitors are usually pretty solid. If you are an artist/content creator, that needs dat beast mode color robin hood accuracy, meh, no, but benq is mostly for known for gamers. And see it's in that price range, it's probably one of their more basic monitors. But still solid. Do you mind saying which one specifically? Or you just wanted to know if it's worth dropping the money for?

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Ya, BENQ monitors are usually pretty solid. If you are an artist/content creator, that needs dat beast mode color robin hood accuracy, meh, no, but benq is mostly for known for gamers. And see it's in that price range, it's probably one of their more basic monitors. But still solid. Do you mind saying which one specifically? Or you just wanted to know if it's worth dropping the money for?

The BENQ GW2255. Actually, it's 21.5' not 24' soz.

Evidence Of Evil

BenQ is a very nice brand. my granddad has a LCD from BenQ and hes happy :D

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

Yeah, they definitely are. Better than AOC in my opinion.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

My current monitor is Benq GW2250 21.5", not sure what the difference will be.

So I will say regarding my monitor, hope it helps. Its a VA Panel, so the blacks are good, but the whites not that good. There was a very very slight reddish tint, so had to color calibrate it a bit.

The only one problem I found with my monitor was that at close range, 2 to 3 feet away from the monitor, the individual pixels can be distinguished if you pay very close attention. Which does not happen on my brothers monitor(asus pb238q). But that monitor is on a different league compared to mine.

Since its a GW2255, maybe they have solved the pixel issue. It would be a good bet to check out at any local store before ordering one. But it seems like a good deal to me. I got mine at $145 about a year ago. And its still doing great.