[Titan X Specs] Nvidia's new GPU

With its less than stellar double precision capabilities, I would have to say that this kind of is a gaming card. Just a spendy one.

Well, its a quarter of the price of the k6000, so i wouldn't expect it to be an amazing card for professional use, I still stand by my original statement.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

Well, its a quarter of the price of the k6000, so i wouldn't expect it to be an amazing card for professional use, I still stand by my original statement.

This contradicts your previous statement that "this card is not for gamers"

So if this card is not for gamers, or professional use, what exactly is it for?

Its a gaming card, an expensive one. But a gaming card.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Well, I guess your right. I'll say that if you want 4K gaming then this is the way to go. Titans have always been geared more for professional use, but that doesn't mean they suck at gaming, They're amaizng at gaming.  Would you spend $1000 on this card to play games on? I know i probably wouldn't, and if i did it would be for the 12 gigs of ram.  i'd rather get 2 980s.but thats just me. If you have the money to spend on it then by all means spend it.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

It's for both.

It's for professionals that use 3D applications like 3dsMax/Octane/Blender/Game Engines or for people that do heavy 4k+ video and photo editing.

And why a gamer would like this card is pretty obvious.

RTX2070OC 

It's for both.

It's for professionals that use 3D applications like 3dsMax/Octane/Blender/Game Engines or for people that do heavy 4k+ video and photo editing.

But the people who are really doing those professionally will move to Quadro's for the reliability, and validation.

When you are making your living on you machine, downtime is far more expensive than just buying the Quadro to start with.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

But the people who are really doing those professionally will move to Quadro's for the reliability, and validation.

When you are making your living on you machine, downtime is far more expensive than just buying the Quadro to start with.

Titan is for low profile professionals (like linus and other small types of content creation) who don't need a card 5000 bucks and everything that comes with it.

And gamers as said by the box apperantly (inspired by gamers, build by NVIDIA)

Quadro is for full professional and business grade who have the money to spare and everything that comes with the card.

FX-8120 | ASUS Crosshair V Formula | G.Skill Sniper 8GB DDR3-1866 CL9 | Club3D Radeon R9 290 RoyalAce |Thermaltake Chaser MkIII | 128GB M4 Crucial + 2TB HDD storage | Cooler Master 850M | Scythe Mugen 3 | Corsair Strafe RGB | Logitech G500

Titan is for low profile professionals (like linus and other small types of content creation) who don't need a card 5000 bucks and everything that comes with it.

And gamers as said by the box apperantly (inspired by gamers, build by NVIDIA)

Quadro is for full professional and business grade who have the money to spare and everything that comes with the card.

Edzel does use a Quadro ;) and a pair of Titans for CUDA acceleration. 

I use a Quadro every day in my office as well. I know first hand why companies spend the money for them, and its not for the performance. 

It's for both.

Well, no.

The original Titan was for both. It had 1/3 SP/DP ratio, while the X has 1/32 like maxwell gaming cards. It has the same DP performance of a stock 780...

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

So how hard did I call it? 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Edzel does use a Quadro ;) and a pair of Titans for CUDA acceleration.

I use a Quadro every day in my office as well. I know first hand why companies spend the money for them, and its not for the performance.

So why do companies buy Quadros if not for the performance, please share you're wisdom.

So why do companies buy Quadros if not for the performance, please share you're wisdom.

Read the thread lol, I went through this like 6 posts up.

Validation, reliability, and 10 bit color. A $569 GTX-980 will crush the performance of a $800 Quadro K4200. Companies do NOT but quadro's for performance.

The reliability has barely an effect unless your rendering for like 200h (Or Science) which nobody does anymore as you just send your files to render farms now days.

Due to real time ray tracing the work flow changed quiet a lot and you don't need to do long renders on the work PC anymore you do at max maybe 24h rendering which a GTX card can handle no problem.

Well, no.

The original Titan was for both. It had 1/3 SP/DP ratio, while the X has 1/32 like maxwell gaming cards. It has the same DP performance of a stock 780...

DP performance isn't relevant for most people as those are mainly used in science applications and those tend to need the high validation processes anyways which GTX cards don't have.

RTX2070OC 

The reliability has barely an effect unless your rendering for like 200h (Or Science) which nobody does anymore as you just send your files to render farms now days.

Due to real time ray tracing the work flow changed quiet a lot and you don't need to do long renders on the work PC anymore you do at max maybe 24h rendering which a GTX card can handle no problem.

It is true that most rendering does not take a significant amount of time, but this is not the only professional use for a GPU.

Most of my use for one is 3D modeling, and fluid flow analysis. Engineering computations, depending on the mesh size, can take much much longer. I have had calculations as long as 96 hours, but others have run analysis' well over a week. There are calculations that can take much longer than that even, although I haven't met anyone who commonly does those calculations. I imagine Boeing and Airbus would do CFD several orders of magnitude more complex than what I do, on their new aircraft. 

EDIT: Plus professional GPU's are generally used longer than they really should be. This is where the increased reliability of the Quadro's do come into play. We have all heard of cards dying in people's systems, it happens. But you will almost never hear about a Quadro or Firepro biting the dust. It's too expensive. Engineers (for example) are completely dependent on our workstations to do just about anything. If that workstation goes down, all of the sudden we are very expensive chair weights. Very expensive, not just in wage but in project time lines as well. It quickly becomes cheaper for companies to invest in longer lasting and more reliable hardware than it is to risk having an engineer out of work for a few days. 

It is true that most rendering does not take a significant amount of time, but this is not the only professional use for a GPU.

Most of my use for one is 3D modeling, and fluid flow analysis. Engineering computations, depending on the mesh size, can take much much longer. I have had calculations as long as 96 hours, but others have run analysis' well over a week. There are calculations that can take much longer than that even, although I haven't met anyone who commonly does those calculations. I imagine Boeing and Airbus would do CFD several orders of magnitude more complex than what I do, on their new aircraft. 

Yes, but I don't think they would do such calculations on a normal PC anyways.

At that point they probably use something like an Nvidia Grid filled with Tesla GPUs.

IMG0040748_1.jpg

RTX2070OC 

Yes, but I don't think they would do such calculations on a normal PC anyways.

At that point they probably use something like an Nvidia Grid filled with Tesla GPUs.

*Snip*

Some companies do, others do not. Depends on the workload. 

$999 you say? (21% tax included)  (660 euros for them)

cfobvlxi11.jpg

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D