Boutique builders and OEMs to choose from, who would you choose and why?

asim1999

two questions:

1) if custom PCs did not exist, which boutique builder would you choose and why

2) if custom PCs did not exist which OEM would you choose and why?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I would buy a console

LOL

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

1) Informatique (they do it like NCIX and have decent prizes)

2) Uhh.. Alienware? :D :D I dunno, don't have a prefrence

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

i would buy 10 different computers until i have all the parts i actually want and then build custom 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

two questions:

MemoryExpress

Puget or Origin. More likely Puget.

Maslofski costums :ph34r:  its totally a real thing

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

MemoryExpress or Ncix

probably ME because they are 30min away

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

two questions:

Cyberpower pc or ncix. Both have pretty fantastic pricing, it's usually harder to find on cyberpower pc but if you scour through the configs you can get a custom pc for about the same or less than just building it yourself. It's where I got my first pc and I paid less through them.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

two questions:

1) Puget

2) HP I guess

two questions:

1.myself

2.ALIENWARE

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Jimm's I guess, because it's the best we have here in Finland.

Dell, because the delicious business line's quality and the warranty.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

two questions:

1) 8PACK from Overclockers

2)Alienware (Dell)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

But if there are no custom PC builders...people like NCIX wouldn't exist. They just build custom PCs with OOB parts.

If i had  to buy from an OEM? Probably alienware, they're recent full sized desktops are actually all pretty decent...

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

1) Puget Systems

2) Between Asus & Acer

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.8GHZGPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X (X2 - SLI)RAM: 24GB | Storage: 128GB 960 PRO M.2 SSD, 1TB & 750GB HDD | Operating System: Windows 10, MacOS High Sierra

Not Cyberpower PC.  

A coworker ordered a $2500 X99 system last December.   The shipping box arrived in good condition, but the computer inside was dropped and fairly heavily damaged.  No damage on the box means it was dropped before it was even put INTO the box.   So they shipped it any way. 

The bottom front vents caved in and one of the feet was completely broken off.  I have the picture on my computer at work if you need to see it to believe it.   Then they wanted to repair it rather than refund or exchange it.  It was never even turned on.  They gave him a lot of crap and in the end he ended up having to pay $50 to return it and walk away. 

All it takes is one fukk up like that to ruin themselves for several people.  Stay away.   Stay far away. 

In the end he ordered his parts from Newegg and built it himself.