Am I bad for doing this?

OK so last year I installed Splashtop on the computers of my school. I am off that school now.

However, they have not Uninstalled it as of yet, it's been more than 6 months!

Anyway, I just now logged in to Splashtop and one computer was still on. (and it's 7:37 in the evening here so the school is closed)

Went on the PC and a girl's email was still open. Looked through here and there. Had some laughs about some mails and such. But that's all.

Am I bad for doing this? :P I do not know this girl mind you, at all, never seen her or don't know her name.

Likelihood I will meet her is non existent almost?

Of course I would never do something bad like send emails or anything from her account. Just looking.

I wouldn't feel guilty doing something to the PC though :D

OK so last year I installed Splashtop on the computers of my school. I am off that school now.

Anyway, I just now logged in to Splashtop and one computer was still on. (and it's 7:37 in the evening here so the school is closed)

Went on the PC and a girl's email was still open. Looked through here and there. Had some laughs about some mails and such. But that's all.

Am I bad for doing this? :P I do not know this girl mind you, at all, never seen her or don't know her name.

Of course I would never do something bad like send emails or anything from her account. Just looking.

Don't be childish and remove Splashtop..

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

Nah, the NSA does this all the time and nobody complains

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Don't be childish and remove Splashtop..

But why so stuck up? I am not doing anything bad.

Nah, the NSA does this all the time and nobody complains

That is true, and I don't even use the info :P

lol you can spin this in a way that makes it looks like a PSA about privacy. 

You are, because you have access to property from someone else, that is none of your business man, you know it.

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

Well... if you are reading emails of other people, yes you are doing something bad.

You are, because you have access to property from someone else, that is none of your business man, you know it.

Yep, but I do not know this person. I will very likely never meet this person. I will not do anything bad with the info at all.

Yep, but I do not know this person. I will very likely never meet this person. I will not do anything bad with the info at all.

Yes but still, if I read your emails you wouldn't be bothered by it? since we don't know eachother I'm not doing anything bad?

Yes but still, if I read your emails you wouldn't be bothered by it? since we don't know eachother I'm not doing anything bad?

Thing Is, the person would never know I read it.

So I would never know you looked through.

Naaaaaah, don't worry, I'd do the same :D

And whats splashtop? Like teamwiever?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

It does kinda make you a dick. I mean, you are looking through someone else's stuff without their knowing. Granted, the NSA does that, but this is kinda different.

You could have found something you may not have wanted to and that would not have been good.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

It does kinda make you a dick. I mean, you are looking through someone else's stuff without their knowing. Granted, the NSA does that, but this is kinda different.

You could have found something you may not have and that would not have been good.

Yeah sure, but a non-harmful dick

?

May not have wanted. My head got ahead of my fingers. :P

And if you're "?"-ing for an example... Gossip on you or a friend.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Keep trying to justify it. Even if she is dumb it is an invasion of privacy.

Try to apply that logic into the real world, and tell me again that's not wrong  :lol:

Also you may be breaking the law.

I wouldn't feel guilty doing something to the PC though :D

come on skype and screen share

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

I guess the school will let you know what they think once they contact you for your illegal connection.

Yes, this is bad, so stop it.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I guess the school will let you know what they think once they contact you for your illegal connection.

They would never find out anyway

I don't think you'd like it if someone was going through your emails.

Are they silly for not removing it? Yes.

Is she silly for probably leaving themselves logged in with their emails? Yes.

Are you silly for going in and browsing someone else's emails? Yes.

Have some respect and remove it.