GTX 970 Owners Club

Chrome on my computer refuses to even use it no matter what graphics card I use, so I don't know.

Damn, does turning hardware acceleration off in chrome help?

It's flash and HTML5 acceleration.

Turn it on.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

tumblr_nqd3k4kyRB1tsg38yo7_540.jpg

And my build is complete!! I'm so happy. I will be changing out the blue ring on the middle fan

tumblr_nqd3k4kyRB1tsg38yo7_540.jpg

And my build is complete!! I'm so happy. I will be changing out the blue ring on the middle fan

I kinda like that pattern.

sweet build.

I kinda like that pattern.

sweet build.

I'm not too sure about the tubing between the top gpu and the rad. I tried it with out the cross over but the pipe would kink so it had to go that way round.

You need to copy my bios settings into your stock bios that came with your card, NEVER and i repeat NEVER flash anything directly unless you want a $350 paper weight..

I won't get a paperweight, I can access the second bios.

I also flashed another G1 970 bios, not another brands, it is fine.

Its also not my first rodeo.

Working flawlessly at 1506mhz boost and headroom to go further, I'm so happy with this card.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

i dont know why but 353.30 works for me without TDRs. (without installing nvidia experience).

But the Performance of this driver sucks in everything accept for a 30fps limited Batman Arkham Knight.... 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

i dont know why but 353.30 works for me without TDRs. (without installing nvidia experience).

But the Performance of this driver sucks in everything accept for a 30fps limited Batman Arkham Knight....

Try doing this for Batman Arkham Knight.

And post back if there is any difference..   Cheers

"The games code has a 30FPS lock. Just unlock it in your Steam folder's where the game is located.

It's a file called "BMSystemSettings.ini" there's an FPS lock inside.

It's called "MaxFPS" it's at 30. Change it to whatever you feel like (just do 60 if that's all your monitor goes up to)"

Try doing this for Batman Arkham Knight.

And post back if there is any difference..   Cheers

"The games code has a 30FPS lock. Just unlock it in your Steam folder's where the game is located.

It's a file called "BMSystemSettings.ini" there's an FPS lock inside.

It's called "MaxFPS" it's at 30. Change it to whatever you feel like (just do 60 if that's all your monitor goes up to)"

thank you, i allready read about that. The problem is its messing up the physics sometimes. It seems like the game isnt made for more then 30fps .. hopefully the day1 Patch will change stuff. Also noticed Batman is eating alot of VRAM. Im getting above 3,5GB memory usage here and there even at 1080p now i feel bad with my gtx970...

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

thank you, i allready read about that. The problem is its messing up the physics sometimes. It seems like the game isnt made for more then 30fps .. hopefully the day1 Patch will change stuff. Also i noticed Batman is eating alot of VRAM. Im getting above 3,5GB memory usage here and there even at 1080p now i feel bad with my gtx970...

But the human eye can't feel more than 30FPS duh dude! :P

Wait for the devs to fix their game. It seems that the game resulted in a POS at launch. Let's hope that all this get fixed in a week or two :)

But the human eye can't feel more than 30FPS duh dude! :P

Wait for the devs to fix their game. It seems that the game resulted in a POS at launch. Let's hope that all this get fixed in a week or two :)

lol yea human eye thingy.. we will never forget haha. I think the major Problem is that rocksteady's base for the PC version of Batman Arkham knight is too close designed to the console version.

Yeah the normal crap that developers do.
Just try & port the console version over. 

Stuff the guys on PC's that have paid out top $$'s on gear.

Hey guys, been awhile since I overclocks very far. What is everyone using to test stability now?

I been using a FFXIV Heavensward benchmark and Witcher 3. I figured my OC was stable, but when FFXIV Heavensward launched I had my system completely freeze and needed to hard reboot (played Witcher 3 60+ hours with the same overclock and FFXIV uses like 60% GPU). Would that be a sign of an unstable overclock or just a bug with the expansion?

Hey guys, been awhile since I overclocks very far. What is everyone using to test stability now?

I been using a FFXIV Heavensward benchmark and Witcher 3. I figured my OC was stable, but when FFXIV Heavensward launched I had my system completely freeze and needed to hard reboot (played Witcher 3 60+ hours with the same overclock and FFXIV uses like 60% GPU). Would that be a sign of an unstable overclock or just a bug with the expansion?

TW3 still has quite a few issues, so I recommend using another game to test for stability. Do you have Crysis 3? Or what are some other games that you have?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

OK had a TDR with 353.30 today -.-

OK had a TDR with 353.30 today -.-

Yeah the new drivers suck, I gave up on them awhile ago.

Yeah the new drivers suck, I gave up on them awhile ago.

What's the best that you'd recommend? Long story short my newest game is Titanfall as I've still got years of catching up on the titles I couldn't play between 2004-2014 (Yeah.....for quite a while it was just my Xbox (more of a gaming console than the newer ones-over 50games on its 160GB HDD-#softmodsFTW), Halo Custom Edition, BF 1942 and Minecraft at minimum settings).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Driver 350.12 would be the best I believe. It works really well in new games (Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight), well at least for me.

Hmm my VRAM is downclocking itself to 6000MHz when playing Arkham Knight with Gameworks enabled. Is this intended?

Hmm my VRAM is downclocking itself to 6000MHz when playing Arkham Knight with Gameworks enabled. Is this intended?

Maybe that's related to gameworks switching from DX11 to DX10.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Maybe that's related to gameworks switching from DX11 to DX10.

yea could be. To be honest for me the game performance looks pretty solid without gameworks but the game looks so much worse. I dont have stutters or very huge fps drops to 1digit sizes. OFC frames still drop when moving fast but never seen below 45fps the average is about 60fps. And i have installed it on a "slow (90mb/s read)" 2,5"HDD so that cant be the only reason for the problems alot of people have.

My FPS peaks are over 100fps with gameworks disabled. When i enable the Gameworks my maximum is about 45-50ish fps with drops to 20.

Having the game limited to 30fps with gameworks grants a maximum fps drop of 1. So my minimum fps is 29 when the game is limited to 30fps and i dont know how this is possible.

Drivers doesnt change anything. I feel no difference between 350.12 and 353.30 in this Game. I notice differences in other games but not in Arkham Knight. Its the Arkham Knight Game Ready Driver.. wtf is going on there?

Ok. I have ducked up a little bit... It is also Gigabytes fault as well. I decided to get another 970 about a month ago and then this past week water cooled my system. But I have ran into a problem that I had not noticed before. The case power and reset wires ans front USB 2.0 plug into my motherboard there is a clearance issue. it is directly below the 3rd PCI-E slot that is used for SLI. When i was using the air coolers on my GPU's the problem did not exist because unknowingly to me the wires slotted into a slot between the fins on the heat sync. But now I have full cover EK water blocks on my cards that sit straight over the top of the socket on the motherboard. 

I only want the case power to work. Is there a way to shorten the hight of the plugs so that they fit.

Driver 350.12 would be the best I believe. It works really well in new games (Witcher 3, Batman: Arkham Knight), well at least for me.

I've been using 347.88 and also been having 0 issues with any of the new releases.