GTX 970 Owners Club

350.12 is the best imo, the newer ones require me to drop my OC and thats not happening.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

350.12 is the best imo, the newer ones require me to drop my OC and thats not happening.

Just like a GTX 970 and GTX650Ti on the 1 motherboard. All the 'Windows 10' drivers prevent me from using both at the same time on my P5Q Deluxe. Even if I'm running Windows 7.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Oh it seems that a hotfix driver is incoming in the next hours. 

ManuelG said:

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up for the hotfix driver to address desktop TDR issues users have been reporting with the most recent drivers. The hotfix driver has passed QA testing and we have also reached out to a dozen end users who have posted feedback that they were experiencing desktop TDRs with drivers 352.86 and above and those users all came back saying the driver fixed the issue for them. The hotfix driver will be posted later today. This driver also includes a fix for a bug that would introduce a 5 second delay when alt-tab in a game if you have an SLI configuration with a G-sync monitor

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Hiya All,

Gonna send off for a GTX 970 tomorrow and after spending an hour reading this thread i realise i should ask for advice instead of my normal just charging in and then getting buyers regret. So i have been looking at the MSI 970 100ME because i like MSI(my other computers an MSI lappy) but i also wanted a backplate. So should i get it or would you advise something else, i will OC it but i dont think i want to reflash bios's (at least not yet until i feel more confident). I know this is a boring question for all you smart guys but i promise i'll give you a more challenging one next time.

Hiya All,

Gonna send off for a GTX 970 tomorrow and after spending an hour reading this thread i realise i should ask for advice instead of my normal just charging in and then getting buyers regret. So i have been looking at the MSI 970 100ME because i like MSI(my other computers an MSI lappy) but i also wanted a backplate. So should i get it or would you advise something else, i will OC it but i dont think i want to reflash bios's (at least not yet until i feel more confident). I know this is a boring question for all you smart guys but i promise i'll give you a more challenging one next time.

Get the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming its a great card for overclocking.

Get the Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming its a great card for overclocking.

Not as good as others though, if what I saw is correct, its only got 6 VRM power phases, and after seeing the low asic score of 62.1% with my G1 Gaming, Gigabyte isn't binning the GPU's properly if at all.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not as good as others though, if what I saw is correct, its only got 6 VRM power phases, and after seeing the low asic score of 62.1% with my G1 Gaming, Gigabyte isn't binning the GPU's properly if at all.

its 6 whereas others are 4 phase and low asic doesnt mean a bad card. mines extremely low.

Hiya All,

G1 Gaming gets my vote.

I've bit the bullet & got a Gigabyte G1 970. Mainly from reading this thread.

I was lucky enough to get one with the Samsung memory.

Card boosts itself up to 1390mhz all by itself. But being in a Parvum 2.0 case, with Rads at front & top.

The card gets up to 78 - 80c with either Valley benchmark or playing something like GTA-V.

So I haven't really done any OC with it yet.  But will be picking up a EK Waterblock in the next few days.

Then the OC'ing will start happening.  My old GTX 680 only got to a max of 50c, so it should be all good with the 970.

GPU-Z & ASIC of my card at stock of course.

Capture.jpg

I've bit the bullet & got a Gigabyte G1 970. Mainly from reading this thread.

I was lucky enough to get one with the Samsung memory.

Card boosts itself up to 1390mhz all by itself. But being in a Parvum 2.0 case, with Rads at front & top.

The card gets up to 78 - 80c with either Valley benchmark or playing something like GTA-V.

So I haven't really done any OC with it yet.  But will be picking up a EK Waterblock in the next few days.

Then the OC'ing will start happening.  My old GTX 680 only got to a max of 50c, so it should be all good with the 970.

GPU-Z & ASIC of my card at stock of course.

Capture.jpg

Nice asic, same as mine.

When you have it under water feel free to smash it with 1.3v <3

My Asic score is 70.7%. For whatever reason GPU-Z won't let me take a screen shot with the Asic score visible. I have Hynix memory and it has no problem going +500. My 970 is +10 on power. In MSI afterburner I am running at +163 for the GPU. When I go much above I get throttling. At +163 it does 1470ghz on the GPU. 

post-142832-0-99830900-1435568654.gif

select asic score window press ctrl+alt+print 

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

Ok, here is a screen shot. Anybody else want to post their ASIC scores for 970?

post-142832-0-77218600-1435573414_thumb.

My Asic score is 70.7%. For whatever reason GPU-Z won't let me take a screen shot with the Asic score visible. I have Hynix memory and it has no problem going +500. My 970 is +10 on power. In MSI afterburner I am running at +163 for the GPU. When I go much above I get throttling. At +163 it does 1470ghz on the GPU. 

I just use the Snipping Tool in Windows.  Works perfectly

I used Microsoft Paint. Open paint, Ctrl + Print Screen button. Bring Paint up and click on the Paste logo (upper left of paint) and there is your screen shot. So much for needing Fireshot to capture a webpage or screen shot. I just figured this out a few hours back. Now can people start posting their ASIC ratings for their GTX 970 cards? My screen shot was my 970 at idle. It idle's @ 25C. 

PS, I cut the GPU-Z out using paint with the screen shot you see above. 

My Palit 970 hits 82 degrees at stock...

OC'ed +87, +80, +330 and now it hits 85 (with fans at 88%).

Weird...

Other than that it is great, ~12,900 graphics score on firestrike.

Only problem I am having is about 1 in 3 start-ups, the screen will be blank (monitor not picking up display port) and I am forced to reset comp :( Reinstalled drivers today so I can try to isolate the reason for this.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/7556446?  66°C maximum

Gigabyte GTX970 G1

Which drivers do you use now?

Weird...

Only problem I am having is about 1 in 3 start-ups, the screen will be blank (monitor not picking up display port) and I am forced to reset comp :( Reinstalled drivers today so I can try to isolate the reason for this.

I had exactly the same issue with my computer, at some point it stopped happening 8+ months ago for no reason, I didn't change anything!

I have 2x palit jetstreams and when sli is disabled I can hit 1623mhz on the core and have a graphics score 14116.

I hated the fan noise and crazy temps so sprang for an isolated cooling loop for justr my cards. now max temps are 45C with 1.275v

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

Weird...

I had exactly the same issue with my computer, at some point it stopped happening 8+ months ago for no reason, I didn't change anything!

I have 2x palit jetstreams and when sli is disabled I can hit 1623mhz on the core and have a graphics score 14116.

I hated the fan noise and crazy temps so sprang for an isolated cooling loop for justr my cards. now max temps are 45C with 1.275v

Could it maybe?:

Old driver issue,

Virtu/onboard Graphics issue (try to set off)

GPU bios/Monitor compatibilty problem

Motherboard Bios

i Googled "PALIT GTX970 BLACKSCREEN" and "PALIT GTX970 BLANKSCREEN" found more hits then expected.

I just got my GTX 970 and I am really disappointed in its performance. I was expecting about a 25% score decrease in benchmarks. (I went from SLI 760s)

But instead I halved my benchmark scores! 

GeForce experience tells me I can run better settings than before, but I have to turn them back to where they were before to get a decent framerate, which means that extra vRAM over my 760s is only being used to about 2.7GB. 

But the card is super sexy!

post-11076-0-13885200-1435622755_thumb.j

I might just return it and get a 980 used, because this thing is kinda a downer. 

Also, is Samsung or Hynix memory better? I forgot

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I just got my GTX 970 and I am really disappointed in its performance. I was expecting about a 25% score decrease in benchmarks. (I went from SLI 760s)

GeForce experience tells me I can run better settings than before, but I have to turn them back to where they were before to get a decent framerate, which means that extra vRAM over my 760s is only being used to about 2.7GB. 

attachicon.gif970.JPG

I might just return it and get a 980 used, because this thing is kinda a downer. 

Hmm most people have better experience with Samsung RAM.. but they are exeptions, you have to try out how far you can overclock with the vram you have.

Also when overclocked properly there is barely a difference to a stock reference 980. Can you post your Benchmarks? i would like to see them ;D And indeed very sexy ;O

attachicon.gif970.JPG

It should be out performing 760 SLI or matching it, something is fucked then.

It should be out performing 760 SLI or matching it, something is fucked then.

My score for my 760s on Unigine Valley was around the same as most OC'd 980s and stock 980Tis. (3295)

And my 970 just got 2558 with a core clock of 1407MHz and a memory clock of 1803MHz. (No throttling) 

@DarkSmith2

In GTA V I could do all high and get 45-60FPS with my 760s. And with my 970 if I want 50-60 solid I have to do the same thing, even though the reccomendation is very high/ultra. But when I do that I drop to 30 whenever something like a sun shafts or dust appears/driving fast. (1080p)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If you have 760 SLI and expect a 970 to equal the SLI 760? The 760 is pretty equal in power to a 7950. I cannot imagine anybody thinking a 7950 in crossfire would be equal to a 970. 760 SLI would be at or above a 980 and probably a 980ti in benchmark performance. Real world SLI performance varies from game to game. 

I am getting only 11,700 in Firestrike. My Hynix memory can go as high as +600. My GPU can do over 1500mhz with no artifacts but the card crashes in games. It seems to run best in the mid to high 1400's. Usually around 1470mhz on the GPU. It seems that most people get either good OCing GPU or VRAM but never both. 

Are any of you overvolting the card itself? I simply have been Ocing using hte +10% power in MSI afterburner. I have seen an EVGA OC utility that does +25% on the power. 

If you have 760 SLI and expect a 970 to equal the SLI 760? The 760 is pretty equal in power to a 7950. I cannot imagine anybody thinking a 7950 in crossfire would be equal to a 970. 760 SLI would be at or above a 980 and probably a 980ti in benchmark performance. Real world SLI performance varies from game to game. 

I am getting only 11,700 in Firestrike. My Hynix memory can go as high as +600. My GPU can do over 1500mhz with no artifacts but the card crashes in games. It seems to run best in the mid to high 1400's. Usually around 1470mhz on the GPU. It seems that most people get either good OCing GPU or VRAM but never both. 

Are any of you overvolting the card itself? I simply have been Ocing using hte +10% power in MSI afterburner. I have seen an EVGA OC utility that does +25% on the power. 

yea.. look at the first page of this thread you can tweak your bios to custom settings to drastically increase your cards powerlimit and corevoltage. Ive read the Gigabyte G1 can pull up to 335watts ...

If you would use the settings of the 1.3v bios u also would pretty sure get higher core clocks

For my actual card i havent tried to push both really hard. But with stock bios im limited to ~1600MHz core clock (8100MHz Memory). (doesnt feel stable though) haven't tried the 1.3v bios for my new card after changing it with my vendor. I had waited for my new CASE.. and unfortunatly my PSU died just in time before testing.. Now im planing to buy an EVGA PSU.. but i dont know which one yet.. maybe 750g2 or 850g2 depends... if the 750w would be enough for sandybridge overclock + sli +sli overclock i guess i would take it.

EDIT:

watch this ;D