GTX 970 Owners Club

Ok, I got the party cranked up to 1553mhz. I was not turing up the GPU enough in MSI Afterburner. I do get some crashes but I think it may be the game and not my graphics card. I have no artifacts but turned the memory down to +550 which is 8150mhz effective memory. What is a good air cooled GPU OC for the 970? 

yea.. i experienced that sometimes its the best to find a good spot in the middle. Often times people forget about VRAM temperatures... slower VRAM clocks can run more stable/faster because of less heat. In some cases it can influence core overclocks aswell. A very good result would be something like 1600mhz Core / 8000mhz VRAM this is the stage were you definitly have a "GTX980Lite".

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

yea.. i experienced that sometimes its the best to find a good spot in the middle. Often times people forget about VRAM temperatures... slower VRAM clocks can run more stable/faster because of less heat. In some cases it can influence core overclocks aswell. A very good result would be something like 1600mhz Core / 8000mhz VRAM this is the stage were you definitly have a "GTX980Lite".

I have been doing my testing using Project Cars. I will see how close I can get to 1600mhz. Typically artifacting or some form of instability would exist. I have my card turned up to +10 in the power setting. I think I have to go inside Afterburner to turn the power up more. +10% is all the standard settings will allow. I have the MSI GTX 970 4GD5T card. 

I have been doing my testing using Project Cars. I will see how close I can get to 1600mhz. Typically artifacting or some form of instability would exist. I have my card turned up to +10 in the power setting. I think I have to go inside Afterburner to turn the power up more. +10% is all the standard settings will allow. I have the MSI GTX 970 4GD5T card. 

arent you using a custom bios? there must be some out there ^^

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D | MoBo: MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | RAM: G.Skill F4-3600C15D-16GTZ @3800CL16 | GPU: RTX 2080Ti | PSU: Corsair HX1200 | 

Case: Lian Li 011D XL | Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB, Crucial MX500 500GB | Soundcard: Soundblaster ZXR | Mouse: Razer Viper Mini | Keyboard: Razer Huntsman TE Monitor: DELL AW2521H @360Hz |

I am using bios  84.04.36.00.59. I think I can increase the power to +20 using afterburner. I have to go inside the software a bit and make changes. 

I am using bios  84.04.36.00.59. I think I can increase the power to +20 using afterburner. I have to go inside the software a bit and make changes. 

well for stock voltage your overclock is allready really good.. 1500-1550mhz core are fine numbers..

with a 1.3v modded bios 1600core 8000mhz memory is nice ;D

Help guys,

my 970 turns off randomly. It happened in Smite and Heroes of the Storm. Screen goes grey, msi logo blinks like 2 times and it looks like I lost connection to my monitor. After that gpu turns on again and I can go to desktop and close the game which is not responding anymore. I had no problems playing GTA 5 with my friend for hours few days ago. I also ran valley with no problems.

Is driver the problem (I have GTA 5 one), PSU, GPU?

Help guys,

my 970 turns off randomly. It happened in Smite and Heroes of the Storm. Screen goes grey, msi logo blinks like 2 times and it looks like I lost connection to my monitor. After that gpu turns on again and I can go to desktop and close the game which is not responding anymore. I had no problems playing GTA 5 with my friend for hours few days ago. I also ran valley with no problems.

Is driver the problem (I have GTA 5 one), PSU, GPU?

when the screen turns into solid colors its a VRAM issue. You might have to lower your overclock on the Memory.

when the screen turns into solid colors its a VRAM issue. You might have to lower your overclock on the Memory.

Okay, but it worked fine for few months...

Okay, but it worked fine for few months...

hm.. well could also be something else. But its hard to tell.

Has Any1 tried this "TDR Fix"?

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/846347/geforce-drivers/flashing-modded-bios-fixed-my-tdrs-on-353-06/

My 3DMark Firestrike score is 10,702. My 970 was hovering around 1500mhz on the OC. My memory was 8100mhz effective memory. 

Screen shot please :)

Sadly as i went to screenshot it apparently it couldnt handle that and it promptly blackscreened but 1695 seems more stable regardless i am satisfied with what i have i probably wont run it oc'd unless i really need that extra 10 fps and currently i do not

Ok, I'm getting closer to diagnosing my GTX 970's problem. After I finished playing Minecraft last night (at 1280x800 full screen with shaders-FPS is too low otherwise) the display driver crashed. However since I had GPU-Z open I was able to see that Vrel (reliability voltage) and Vop (operational voltage) had spiked for a few seconds, and again about 10 seconds later before the GPU clock and load went through the roof (which isn't possible as my Xeon X5450 at 3.3GHz bottlenecks the GTX 970 by 19%-plus its running on PCIe Gen 2.0 x8 since my GTX 650Ti is also installed) and the 970 destabilized. And I was running the card at -50MHz, +50mV as well.

Does anyone know what part of the card these issues would be related to?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

- Download the Bios Mod Version you want (first page)

- Download GPU-Z http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2490/techpowerup-gpu-z-v0-8-3/

- Save your Bios by clicking the circled area on GPU-Z (choose Save to File)

4dqmejz6phmv.jpg

- Duplicate your saved bios. Save a copy of it to a Save place (email folder / usb stick / hard drive)

- Download Maxwell Bios Tweaker (download link first page)

- Open Maxwell Bios Tweaker twice.

- Open the Downloaded Bios from the first page with it.

- Open your Bios with it

- Edit every setting 1to1 from the Downloaded Bios from the first page to your Bios.

- Flash Your edited Bios via Nvflash to your Card. (not the downloaded bios from the first page)

Or just save your bios, upload it here and ask someone to edit it for you.

@DarkSmith2 

Hello thnx for the info, I need to edit info en every tab on the program u said me? From the downloaded bios to my bios copy...? 

Where are the bios for g1 gaming gtx 970 (hynix version)   I want to or my sli to the maximum I can...

@DarkSmith2 

Hello thnx for the info, I need to edit info en every tab on the program u said me? From the downloaded bios to my bios copy...? 

You need to edit atleast the Voltage Table, Power Table and Boost Table tab.

The difference between the Custom Bios and the Bios you will edit on Common tab are made for the Fan Nospin Mod.

Fan Nospin Mod: (left side Original Bios, right side Moded Bios)

u8g35wqljpz9.jpg

You will have to adjust the Voltage table by editing all voltages to the Clocks f.e. 

3euaakexw65.jpg

you have to go through the whole tab and change every thing to the settings of the custom bios. Normally the only differences should be seen at the first 3, CLK35, CLK72, CLK73 and CLK74 But doublecheck it.

then you have to change all entries of the Power Table for example:

wlgqpvv6gi.jpg

every value should be the same as in the downloaded custom bios. (really every value not just the redlined)

After that you should edit your Max Table Clock to just set your boost table right.

sgwsvcxqnppq.jpg

Where are the bios for g1 gaming gtx 970 (hynix version)   I want to or my sli to the maximum I can...

There is no extra Hynix Bios. You just edit the Bios your card came with (but make sure you have an unedited savefail copy of it). There are no differences in the settings that you could change. You just have to flash your own bios back after editing to provide its working correctly, they are background procedures unique to every Cards Bios. The easiest way to get a Custom Bios made for you with no troubles is to save your Bios and upload it here.. say which custom bios version you want. And then eventually a nice person will edit it for you. 

G1 Gaming - Hynix @ 1565Mhz/1800Mhz

My stock bios would boost to 1404Mhz, I could OC it to 1565Mhz @ that +0.87 or gpu-z's 1.25v or 1.25+ if its being read wrong and I dont know about it.

Ta for this,.. Used your G1 #2,.. #3 had a error, throwing back another error (even with -6) but didnt capture the pic b4 restarting with your #2.

Anyway.

I pushed the table to 1506Mhz for my boost, and no longer need to apply the OC myself as its part of the card, with even some headroom left ;)

I only wanted to do this for the no-fan mod, which also..... thanks for the guides and all this info.

I've been an AMD guy since 2001>now, and have had this GTX 970 a few days :P

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

@DarkSmith2 thnx a lot for the help!!!!

@Gofspar thnx for the bios!!!

Now, my G1 GAMING GTX 970 (hynix) is running core clock:1560mhz / memory clock: 7700mhz, with G1 bios 1.262...

I'm having a bit of a laugh at my G1 Gaming now, I did a 2027MHz underclock, set the power limit to 112% and added 87mV, and it still boosted to 1329MHz, and this time it was stable and is getting higher average FPS in games (though the 3.6GHz OC on my Xeon might be helping that).

PMSL

Just got my MSI Gaming Gtx 970! It's a boss! B)

gratz dude!

G1 Gaming - Hynix @ 1565Mhz/1800Mhz

My stock bios would boost to 1404Mhz, I could OC it to 1565Mhz @ that +0.87 or gpu-z's 1.25v or 1.25+ if its being read wrong and I dont know about it.

Ta for this,.. Used your G1 #2,.. #3 had a error, throwing back another error (even with -6) but didnt capture the pic b4 restarting with your #2.

Anyway.

I pushed the table to 1506Mhz for my boost, and no longer need to apply the OC myself as its part of the card, with even some headroom left ;)

I only wanted to do this for the no-fan mod, which also..... thanks for the guides and all this info.

I've been an AMD guy since 2001>now, and have had this GTX 970 a few days :P

You need to copy my bios settings into your stock bios that came with your card, NEVER and i repeat NEVER flash anything directly unless you want a $350 paper weight..

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Does anyone know if 353.30 fixes driver crashes?

The driver crashes with my GTX 650 ti oc and my GTX 970 is even worse, so no it hasn't.

PMSL

The driver crashes with my GTX 650 ti oc and my GTX 970 is even worse, so no it hasn't.

Damn, does turning hardware acceleration off in chrome help?

Damn, does turning hardware acceleration off in chrome help?

Chrome on my computer refuses to even use it no matter what graphics card I use, so I don't know.

PMSL