Cities Skylines! Who else is playing?

Geldar

everyones cities look so much better than mine lol... i have no imagination

and I've no idea how people get their roads to go over each other ha.. guess i need to play more!

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

everyones cities look so much better than mine lol... i have no imagination

and I've no idea how people get their roads to go over each other ha.. guess i need to play more!

Page up key to raise, page down key to lower.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Page up key to raise, page down key to lower.

^ that

driving around my home town i think of what i could do to better the traffic, damn this game.

unfortunatly building roads in real life is harder than it is in game!

i have 0 population. what am i doing wrong?

i have a power plant, every building is getting power

i have water pump and drainig all buildings are supplied.

i have residential, industrial and commercial zones in which a lot of builidngs already spawned

my roads are connected to the highway.

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

i have 0 population. what am i doing wrong?

i have a power plant, every building is getting power

i have water pump and drainig all buildings are supplied.

i have residential, industrial and commercial zones in which a lot of builidngs already spawned

my roads are connected to the highway.

Your taxes aren't at 29%, are they? If you raise them too much, people will move out of your city. (that's how I managed to get the "1000 abandoned buildings" award in mine)

Are your roads 2-way? If all your roads lead out of your city and none lead in, there is 0 chance of anyone ever moving in.

If it has anything to do with layout, a screenshot might help determine what's wrong.

So what is the verdict on this game? Buy or no buy?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Your taxes aren't at 29%, are they? If you raise them too much, people will move out of your city. (that's how I managed to get the "1000 abandoned buildings" award in mine)

Are your roads 2-way? If all your roads lead out of your city and none lead in, there is 0 chance of anyone ever moving in.

If it has anything to do with layout, a screenshot might help determine what's wrong.

nvm, i restarted and now pop is growing, must have overlooked something before

Xeon E3-1231-v3 // 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro // Asus Z97AR // XFX RX 480 GTR

So what is the verdict on this game? Buy or no buy?

IMO 100% yes

If you're into city builders, I totally recommend it. Haven't had as much fun with a city builder since SimCity 3000.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

If you're into city builders, I totally recommend it. Haven't had as much fun with a city builder since SimCity 3000.

Its definitely 1000x better than sim city 2013

Just cracked the 100k population!

you put in a metro? I get 5 ppl a week riding mine lol.

Considering it for Nolstagia, as I could never get any Sim City past version 2000 to run stable.

Can you buy it outside steam, or offline Only?

This game looks like a ton of fun, I might have to pick it up this weekend.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You can buy it from a variety of retailers, but it looks like they all link back to Steam. they did make a point of advertising it as an "always offline" game though, so I reckon it'll run without any internet connection.

This game is going to take control of my life.

I know the feeling. I'm seeing traffic patterns in the wallpaper.

Anyone else out there playing this wicked new game? 

How is everything going?

Not me. Will wait for it to drop under $5

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

You can buy it in the usual places—Green Man Gaming, Humble Store, etc. It uses Steamworks DRM so you're purchasing a Steam key no matter where you buy it, so it's just a question of who is giving you the best price. I bought it on GMG when they had it on sale for $21.

Naturally you need to log into Steam, and some features such as Steam Cloud saving and Workshop support require some internet connectivity, but the core gameplay is entirely offline.

you put in a metro? I get 5 ppl a week riding mine lol.

Yeah i do, i think i have 5k+ riding it a week, ill post a screenshot of my transport when i get home (cause im at work :P )

This game is going to take control of my life.

ikr

Anybody got any ideas on how to raise the crime rate towards 50%? My crime rate always goes up, and starts to drop at a certain point (like 35%).

I only need to unlock the eden project and the medical center, the medical center is really hard. Fusion power plant is awesome, and was definitely worth making my city suffer for.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

First, save your city.

Than, dezone all commercial and industrial. Wait until you get the courthouse and save that city under a different save. You can now reload the previous save and the courthouse will be unlocked.

All in a Semi Truck!: