Cities Skylines! Who else is playing?

Geldar

Enjoying it alot.

Up to about 50k people in my city. But traffic sucks, which also makes dead people and garbage a problem :(

It goes further than that. According to LGR, If the building gets abandoned because of garbage or dead people, the fire risk increases.

If it catches fire, the fire department will also be stuck in traffic. Once it burns down, the land value drops which apparently attracts criminals, which in turn requires more police cars on the road, making traffic even worse.

So keep that traffic in check. If you notice that it becomes congested, a solution needs to be found before you do anything else.

On a more negative note, I am so used to games with autosave that I forgot to save my game this morning. 12 hours of work, gone.

There's an auto save mod (saves the game every 10 minutes)

Unfortunately, any and all mods disable steam achievements, so I hope they implement auto save in a patch.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Enjoying it alot.

Up to about 50k people in my city. But traffic sucks, which also makes dead people and garbage a problem :(

I just got to 10 k last night and it does seem heaps easier now, the initial 10k until u get a decent income stream is quite hard if u expand too fast.

There's an auto save mod (saves the game every 10 minutes)

Unfortunately, any and all mods disable steam achievements, so I hope they implement auto save in a patch.

i will be getting that! thanks :D

Also i found that assets do not effect steam achievements

you guys are making me wanna go buy this.

i only have about max 2 hours per night to play. will it be worth it?

Define R5 Black Window || i5 4690K || Scythe Kotetsu || Asus Maximus VII Gene || Kingston Fury 8GB || EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 || EVGA G2 750W || SSD/HDD/ODD

you guys are making me wanna go buy this.

i only have about max 2 hours per night to play. will it be worth it?

IMO its definitely worth it! but that my biased love of city builders opinion xD.

I only play around 2 hrs a day as well cause i work full time

if i were 50/50 about buying it i would wait for it to go on sale (20% off or something) and get it

I tend to prefer resource management city builders over the SimCity types, which is why I liked Anno 2070 and Banished way more than SimCity 2013FUEdition.  But I think I may give this a whirl over spring break.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

I tend to prefer resource management city builders over the SimCity types, which is why I liked Anno 2070 and Banished way more than SimCity 2013FUEdition.  But I think I may give this a whirl over spring break.

Have to say the 40 hours i spend on banished was well worth the $20

Thinking about getting it this weekend. Saw some game play footage and really like the feel of it. Do not know if it has multiplayer thou?

Thinking about getting it this weekend. Saw some game play footage and really like the feel of it. Do not know if it has multiplayer thou?

no multiplayer as of yet

It goes further than that. According to LGR, If the building gets abandoned because of garbage or dead people, the fire risk increases.

If it catches fire, the fire department will also be stuck in traffic. Once it burns down, the land value drops which apparently attracts criminals, which in turn requires more police cars on the road, making traffic even worse.

So keep that traffic in check. If you notice that it becomes congested, a solution needs to be found before you do anything else.

On a more negative note, I am so used to games with autosave that I forgot to save my game this morning. 12 hours of work, gone.

http://i.imgur.com/snIHd3Y.jpg

I've made som slight improvements since that picture. But it's impossible to completely fix. Also at this stage I have firestations like every few blocks, because they might be stuck in traffic.

Gonna try some new layouts today! :)

Enjoying it alot.

It actually requires a lot of careful planning to get to large cities: You have to build around highway access not only between districts but also to replace even inner city large avenues too. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

It actually requires a lot of careful planning to get to large cities: You have to build around highway access not only between districts but also to replace even inner city large avenues too. 

Yea but it's hard to make that transmission from small town to big city. Because (atleast for me) I tend to just add on to what I've already got. Where instead I probably should have made a new area. But this was only my first town, so I'll give it another go today :P

Yea but it's hard to make that transmission from small town to big city. Because (atleast for me) I tend to just add on to what I've already got. Where instead I probably should have made a new area. But this was only my first town, so I'll give it another go today :P

Well the difficult part is choosing what to keep and what to let go off: There are some parts of the city that will need major rebuilding. The key is to stock pile some funds and then do major reconstructions like just getting rid of large segments to make room for highways and such. Naturally you loose both money and the cash needed to rebuild and relocate everything you demolished.

Also from the FAQ: Tunnels are coming on a future patch. This will significantly help your inner city jams since it will be a lot easier to just build a bunch of tunnels around difficult intersections without just tearing apart all of the downtown area.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well the difficult part is choosing what to keep and what to let go off: There are some parts of the city that will need major rebuilding. The key is to stock pile some funds and then do major reconstructions like just getting rid of large segments to make room for highways and such. Naturally you loose both money and the cash needed to rebuild and relocate everything you demolished.

Also from the FAQ: Tunnels are coming on a future patch. This will significantly help your inner city jams since it will be a lot easier to just build a bunch of tunnels around difficult intersections without just tearing apart all of the downtown area.

25k people 3mill in funds, my city looks very similar to the poster above. I already see myself a new sub section with the biggest roads in place. I can only imagine what a 75k city looks like.

25k people 3mill in funds, my city looks very similar to the poster above. I already see myself a new sub section with the biggest roads in place. I can only imagine what a 75k city looks like.

Well this one is 77k and it looks a lot more functional:

-------

Current Rig

-------

Well this one is 77k and it looks a lot more functional

watching this as well. Money seems to be no problem even higher pop. His city is fairly spread out too.

watching this as well. Money seems to be no problem even higher pop. His city is fairly spread out too.

Right let's not forget that you get massive space in this game, big enough to just spread out a lot of lower density neighborhoods instead of just jamming out super dense city everywhere.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Currently at 67k pop. Also having industrial/uneducated in the top-right corner (not visible)

rmROcT5.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/snIHd3Y.jpg

I've made som slight improvements since that picture. But it's impossible to completely fix. Also at this stage I have firestations like every few blocks, because they might be stuck in traffic.

Gonna try some new layouts today! :)

Make more use of the highway at the top. Alternate offramps and onramps. There's plenty of room for at least 2 or 3 of each.

An onramp on the red road between High Park and Hemlock Square will make more traffic use the highway, given that they can get off a little to the right of that T-junction

As for the junction south of that cloverleaf, to me it looks like that's an intersection on a major highway.

Replace the reddest bit with an onramp that connects a little more south of the current intersection.

To the left I see some weird stuff. Those onramps or offramps look weird to me. the one most to the left for example. The bottom ramp looks like an offramp to me, but the topmost one looks like an onramp. Is that on purpose? You have the exavct same thing a bit more to the right, with the red offramp.

Either traffic is making a sharp turn on one of those ramps or your system is set up so that people can only go off when traveling east and only on when going west.

I've been playing since launch, after having to reset about 4 times  :D  :lol: . Having trouble with too much traffic and not enough workers  :mellow:

PC Specs   - Black and White Build

Intel Core i5 4690k MSI Z97S Krait LGA 1150

Crucial Ballistix Sport 1x8GB 1600MHZ

Sapphire Radeon R9 270 (Will be upgrading this soon)

EVGA 500W PSU

Phanteks Enthoo Pro - White

Been playing since yesterday. Probably already have about 12 to 16 hours of gameplay. This game is fun. I've been learning as I go since I have never really played city simulators before. I just learned how to elevate roads myself. I was trying to run a highway thru my city without manually created elevated roads just the clovers. That proved challenging. Spent over an hours trying. Then finally saw the tip for elevated roads. lol. Still have to fix my industrial district highway. But planning on moving the industrial zone anyways. So that should be a lot of fun. This game can take a lot of rework. But that's what make it fun! Saw this thread and it talked me into buying the game! Thanks!

My Gaming Rig (Build November 2014):

CPU: i7-4790K | CPU Cooler: H110 | Motherboard: MSI Z97s SLI Plus | RAM: Vengeance DDR3 1886 MHz 2 x 4GB |
GPU: GTX 970 G1 Gaming | SSD: 2 x 840 EVO 250GB and 2 x 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | PSU: HX750 | Case: Fractal Design XL R2 |

Anyone played around with dams yet?

They're really finicky. You have to make sure that it's towards the bottom of a downhill slope, but not at the total bottom (there needs to be a ton of difference between the water level in the reservoir vs the water level in the outlet)

I built a dam in the islands map, at that river north of the starting area (if you consider the highway in the starting area as the south end)

I built it just downhill from that train bridge, as close to the bridge I could get it. I had to rebuild it at first either because I originally built it to far downhill, or because I didn't wait long enough for the water level to settle :P

It was producing 1600MW

It was EXPENSIVE, to, something like 175k

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

Yup, I have my dam in the same location. Much better than windmills due to the latter's noise polution. Should also suffice for quite a while.

I'm wondering if you could put 2 dams on the same river, as there's another good spot a few hunderd yards upstream. Otherwise I'll need to look for alternative spots in case I ever need a second dam.