LG G4: Here are the first official images, weeks ahead of schedule

sg9weshorg9np4eu6po6.jpg

Looks like LG slipped up way earlier than they needed to, since the G4 is leaked in all its glorious glory? 

Leather clad, removable battery, infrared camera assist with its laser focus system, 5.5" 1440p display and a 3,000 mAh battery round off the important bits, I remember reading it would be using the SD 808 processor instead of the 810, surprised they didn't wait for the 820 but I guess the G4 is coming well before the 820 production is ramped up. 

dlis9hznoqz1rx4zuds5.jpg

y7ne9f1cw1pjdudxldvh.jpg

The G4’s back will have multiple color options, including at least six different shades of real leather, and three shades of plastic. Looks like we’ll also be seeing a return of the LG Quick Circle case, with its window that allows users to view notifications when the phone is closed.

The site has been pulled offline, but according to other reports, most of the specs were placeholders that basically rehash the G3’s info. One noteworthy revelation is that the super speedy f/1.8 camera will be helped by an infrared color accuracy sensor, a laser autofocus and a full manual mode. Other specs you may have already seen: A 5.5-inch, quad HD screen, a replaceable 3,000mAh battery, and a microSD card slot.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/12/8392877/lg-g4-pictures-leaked

http://gizmodo.com/lg-accidentally-reveals-its-leather-clad-g4-weeks-early-1697320460

LG-G4-Photos-Presse.jpg

Another day, another leak of what seems like a crowd favourite in the flagship smartphone game. Today we have the G4, which was missing from MWC, but is now popping up which would hint that its release is coming, and coming soon. The overall specs seem not entirely finalized and the design is even subject to change from these renders (though I doubt it). 

I think it looks nice enough, I still don't like the speakers firing backwards approach. That doesn't make as much sense. 

LG-G4-Press-01.jpg

LG-G4-Press-02.jpg

LG-G4-Press-03.jpg

End with a profile view that indisputably confirms the slightly curved shape of the G4 which, according to my source, would measure approximately 148.9mm tall and 76.5mm wide to a maximum thickness of 9.9mm against 146.3mm tall, 74.6mm of wide and 8.9mm thick for the G3.

Waiting to know more about her, know as the latest news, new Korean smartphone is equipped with a screen of 5.3 to 5.7 inches diagonally with a resolution of 2560x1440px 2880x1620px or, a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor S810 backed by 3GB of RAM and a digital camera or 16Mpx 20.7Mpx.

On the back of the device, then note the presence of a slightly protruding camera sensor and apparently more imposing than the G3, accompanied by a dual LED flash and a laser autofocus.The power button and volume control G4 has, like its predecessors, was incorporated under the camera module.

Finally, the speaker noted that the G4 is now behind three rows of tiny holes that were drilled even the hull, note in passing, will be visibly removable.

http://www.nowhereelse.fr/lg-g4-photos-presse-105599/

More than happy with my G3 :D

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

In other news, every flagship phone is still to big for my hands.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I've loved the shape of LG's phones. I just wish everyone would take a hint from HTC and use front facing speakers.

Too conflicted on the back buttons and the beautiful LG logo

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Still using my G2 and have no problems with it. I'll be very interested to see if the G4 offers something new to make me want to upgrade. Otherwise I'm waiting for the G5 (I'm an LG fanboy).

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I'm liking my G3 and I hope they maintain the same functions with the G4, only with better 64-bit architecture. Not sure about the rear-firing speaker but it isn't a huge deal

im still waiting for my asus zenfone 2 to be released here

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

May the prices be low.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

More than happy with my G3 :D

Same here :)

It will take a some time till I feel the need to upgrade it.

RTX2070OC 

That's pretty damn thick. Almost 1cm. The rest of the text about the specs is a mess.

Is it a 5.3 or 5.7" screen? Does it have a 2560x1440 or a 2880x1620 resolution?

Is the camera 16 megapixels or 20.7 megapixels?

I am hoping for a 13MP camera and 2560x1440 screen to be honest. The LG G3's camera is great in terms of low light and I don't want that to change. I think 2560x1440 is as far as we should go in terms of resolution for the moment.

Oh and please LG... Don't fuck it up. Just do incremental improvements on the LG G3 without taking any step backwards like making the camera worse *cough* HTC *cough* or remove really good features *cough* Samsung *cough*.

I just hope that LG doesn't increase the screen resolution anymore... Or the screen size for that matter. If they do that, beef up the specs (by specs I mean the SoC) and add in a bigger battery, then they have a sale from me.

I had the G2 and loved it. I currently have the G3 and love it. So long as LG doesn't do anything stupid, I'll probably end up with a G4 and love it.

COMIC SANS

In other news, every flagship phone is still to big for my hands.

QFT

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

I just hope that LG doesn't increase the screen resolution anymore... Or the screen size for that matter. If they do that, beef up the specs (by specs I mean the SoC) and add in a bigger battery, then they have a sale from me.

I had the G2 and loved it. I currently have the G3 and love it. So long as LG doesn't do anything stupid, I'll probably end up with a G4 and love it.

Are you like rich?

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Are you like rich?

No. I don't get the phones at full price. I'm on a family plan with a few other people on Verizon, and whenever a phone comes out that I want, there always seems to be an upgrade ready, or a plan that's about to end its 2 year contract. So I either take the upgrade from that plan or start up a new 2 year contract, then cancel one of the lines that's almost out of its contract. Now I have a new phone and then I throw my T-Mobile SIM card in there, then the line my phone is on with Verizon is frozen, so we're not charged.

Bip bap bam, and that's how you play the big guys.

COMIC SANS

i looked at the renders again and I notice a very slight curve. hopefully this curve is as subtle as it can get. the flex 2 should be the only phone doing this

as for the screen res, it is possible to power such a res, if the screen itself and the processors are efficient enough. 

Nice, hopefully my Cell provider will have them when my contract for my G2 is up. Interesting that It's curved like that. If I didn't have a Slim Armor case on my G2, it would probably be curved like that by now  :lol:

*edit* after looking again maybe its just an optical illusion.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

i looked at the renders again and I notice a very slight curve. hopefully this curve is as subtle as it can get. the flex 2 should be the only phone doing this

I noticed the curve as well, but it looks like the curve is just on the back so that the phone feels better in the hands. The screen looks straight, but the back is not.

COMIC SANS

Omg LG why such a high resolution? Didn't you guys get the message with the G3? At such a "small" screen 1080-1440p is just about the maximum that is worth having. Bet there is going to be virtually no difference to the G3's display... Waste of battery if you ask me.

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

The front looks similar to my OnePlus One

Well the front of all phones looks basically the same, so that's not really a big surprise.

post-216-0-05528000-1426100516.png

Well the front of all phones looks basically the same, so that's not really a big surprise.

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

Apple will sue you! It's their rectangle!

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

This will probably be my next if it at least has wireless charging 

I'm confident that the battery will last a day at the minimum which is good enough for me considering my N5 can go a solid 8 hrs this would prob last a whole 2 days with my usage

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)