Good morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night, Midnight owls

to every humans that are alive in LinusTechTips

My System Information :

FQ2ytgw.png

Running

(CM) Hyper 212X CPU Cooler

SP120 Corsair fan PWM Quiet edition (x1)

Will be running additional 5 fans once my fan splitter arrives.

Alright.. i believe motherboard model doesn't really affect anything on this issue.

so it's probably me doing something wrong or something else is frying my brain up.

before i actually start, i am using the following mobo model : Gigabyte H81M-S2PV ( Revision 3.0 )

which like i said above, i believe motherboard model doesn't have to do with this.

read on if you wanna know why i said motherboard model doesn't have to do with this.

Calibrating & changing Speed type from "Smart Fan Auto" - Was working perfectly fine last night.

till i went to sleep and woke up and tried to calibrate my fans again and my whole system just turns off.

CPU Power goes off and everything else that has to do with the PC.

*Nothing was touched in my rig.

Moving on to the real topic.

Does anyone use the APP Center that Gigabyte provides in they're website?

if so, have you ever used SIV? ( System Information Viewer )

#Yes : Does your computer fry like a chicken wing when you start calibrating your fans with the application?
ucLct57.png

No : join the conversation as well if you have any knowledge about this type of issue where calibration fry your PC.

Thank you for reading & i appreciate your help for answering any questions that are stated here.

yes and my fans rpm will go up until the app center finish calibrating the fans but does not use hardly any of cpu usage

| CPU  Intel i5 4690K OC @ 4.8 Ghz  | Motherboard  Gigabyte Z97X Gaming-7 | RAM  Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 |

| GPU  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming |Storage  Crucial M550 128GB M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD | PSU  Ultra X4 1000 Watt Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |

| Case Cougar EVOLUTION Full Tower Gaming Case | Cooling  Corsair H100 | Operating System  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

welcome to the club. I've seen places that this fan software simply doesnt work and isnt supported. asked the same on this forum before. I didnt fry my pc but I cant control my fans either. Would be thrilled if somebody actually solved it.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Works for me when i have their app center on, goes of bios when its not i think.

i removed all of the crapware from gigabyte, i thought installing all of them will be harmless, I am bsod-ing when idle

hope you don't experience them though

Good morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night, Midnight owls

to every humans that are alive in LinusTechTips

My System Information :

FQ2ytgw.png

Running

(CM) Hyper 212X CPU Cooler

SP120 Corsair fan PWM Quiet edition (x1)

Will be running additional 5 fans once my fan splitter arrives.

Alright.. i believe motherboard model doesn't really affect anything on this issue.

so it's probably me doing something wrong or something else is frying my brain up.

before i actually start, i am using the following mobo model : Gigabyte H81M-S2PV ( Revision 3.0 )

which like i said above, i believe motherboard model doesn't have to do with this.

read on if you wanna know why i said motherboard model doesn't have to do with this.

Calibrating & changing Speed type from "Smart Fan Auto" - Was working perfectly fine last night.

till i went to sleep and woke up and tried to calibrate my fans again and my whole system just turns off.

CPU Power goes off and everything else that has to do with the PC.

*Nothing was touched in my rig.

Moving on to the real topic.

Does anyone use the APP Center that Gigabyte provides in they're website?

if so, have you ever used SIV? ( System Information Viewer )

#Yes : Does your computer fry like a chicken wing when you start calibrating your fans with the application?
ucLct57.png

No : join the conversation as well if you have any knowledge about this type of issue where calibration fry your PC.

Thank you for reading & i appreciate your help for answering any questions that are stated here.

The SIV is why i RMA my board and switched to an Asus. My fans wouldnt even start to run until i got to the desktop and started the software. according to gigabyte that was normal. lol

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Gigabyte has currently worst support for fan control. Their own software doesn't work correctly and Speedfan isn't supported. I use three different control methods just for my fans. One running at full speed, 2 are software restricted with OpenHardwareMonitor and CPU fans are controlled with Silent profile from BIOS.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I tried using SIV but it only works once. So when I boot up the machine again, the fan profiles will not work. In the end, I just use the bios to set my fans

@

i think i might have found the issue which breaks calibration tool from the (SIV)

Issue that is causing the system to fry and shut down without any warning.

- Windows Update ( Security update i suppose ) - i still can't figure out which KB Update affected this unless i go full nuts and uninstall each update 1 by 1

- windows security update might be the cause for the system to shut down unexpectedly before the calibration even started.

- i have reformatted my PC 5-6 times just to find out what was causing this.

and it was windows update and nothing else.

and to the people who replied to this thread.

@lostRoadrunner

are you using SIV as well? can i know what operating system are you using?

are you up to date with windows update like every updates? because i'm pretty sure that windows update is breaking the calibration so it shuts down your PC unexpectedly.

@han_han08

hey there ! no BSOD does not happen when i install everything from gigabyte APP Center.

it would be great if you could post your specs and motherboard model so others can assist you with that BSOD issue. unless you no longer uses gigabyte mobo :)

@shawn finkenstead

wow o-o that's a little intensive move maybe. were you using a fan controller at that time? and all 4-pin fans?

@LoGiCalDrm

i appreciate your answer bud. guess i won't be using SIV anymore.

however, do you have any recommendation where i can get a software just like the SIV?

where you can switch your fan to Full speed , quiet and calibration?

@Cream pie filled car

guess we are on the same track fan profiles and calibration stopped working the 2nd time when i restart my computer after some windows update :)
so i guess it might have to do with windows update tho.

@LoGiCalDrm i appreciate your answer bud. guess i won't be using SIV anymore.

however, do you have any recommendation where i can get a software just like the SIV? where you can switch your fan to Full speed , quiet and such.

and calibration?

Sadly, there isn't any of that. Like I said, they don't have support for Speedfan which would be best alternative. Your best option would be getting splitter for CPU fan header like NZXT Grid/+ or other and using BIOS controls to set profiles.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Sadly, there isn't any of that. Like I said, they don't have support for Speedfan which would be best alternative. Your best option would be getting splitter for CPU fan header like NZXT Grid/+ or other and using BIOS controls to set profiles.

Cool, yeah was planning to get that NZXT Grid(+) if i could figure out a way for it to ship to singapore :|

since NZXT store website only provides US/Canada i think.

do you use that fan splitter too?

do you use that fan splitter too?

Nah, but I thought about that and using two Y-splitters when I did rearranging my fans. My current arrangement is the first post I posted to this thread. Running single 200mm NZXT stock fan in front as intake, 2x140mm Bitfenix Spectre Pro 3pin as top exhausts and 2xA15 Noctuas in CPU cooler (U14S).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

@

i think i might have found the issue which breaks calibration tool from the (SIV)

Issue that is causing the system to fry and shut down without any warning.

- Windows Update ( Security update i suppose ) - i still can't figure out which KB Update affected this unless i go full nuts and uninstall each update 1 by 1

- windows security update might be the cause for the system to shut down unexpectedly before the calibration even started.

- i have reformatted my PC 5-6 times just to find out what was causing this.

and it was windows update and nothing else.

and to the people who replied to this thread.

@lostRoadrunner

@han_han08

@shawn finkenstead

@LoGiCalDrm

@Cream pie filled car

Maybe a little. but i had the option to switch so i did. everyone may not have this option so i hope you guys find something that works. what sucks is that i really like gigabyte boards. my first ever custom comp had a gigabyte board in it and ran stable for years. looks like i found a new board company though because now in cant see using anything but Asus.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

I am using windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and I use SIV all the time and jiust did fresh install of windows for my new m.2 which I installed

most updates didn't use some of the optional updates and I only have Corsair SP/AF fans connected to MB

| CPU  Intel i5 4690K OC @ 4.8 Ghz  | Motherboard  Gigabyte Z97X Gaming-7 | RAM  Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 |

| GPU  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming |Storage  Crucial M550 128GB M.2 Type 2280 Internal SSD | PSU  Ultra X4 1000 Watt Fully Modular ATX Power Supply |

| Case Cougar EVOLUTION Full Tower Gaming Case | Cooling  Corsair H100 | Operating System  Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

SIV

SIV

SIV

Works fine for me

Works fine for me

But do you have to get to the desktop and activate your profile? my fans wouldnt even start until that point. thank god for ssds and the fast load times. and the gigabyte rep said that what was happening to me was normal. dont get me wrong i love gigabyte boards. but this latest uefi left me turned off.

removing every bloatware from gigabyte wasn't what I was hoping for..but this was the solution given to me from another forum and the quickest one...

however, other great peeps from here gave instructions on testing my memory on linux..unfortunately I will only have enough time after this semester to fully deal with my problem rather than just deleting everything..

just to be sure, im still using that mobo:

Gigabyte Z97m-d3h

i3-4150

2*2gb ddr3 1600 gskill

guess my rig is too cheap to even use a pwm fan  :D

Works fine for me

okay.. that's just very weird. will you be able to screenshot your installed updates in full window?

also when you said about the optional update.. you mean you didn't even installed any "update for windows 7 something KB0000000" as an example.

from the optional tab? cause that might make sense doe

@han_han08

hey good to hear from you again, well i don't really think your mobo can't run PWM fans. i'm using S2PV which is 1 level before D3H was out i think.

and i'm running 1 SP120 PWM fan

But do you have to get to the desktop and activate your profile? my fans wouldnt even start until that point. thank god for ssds and the fast load times. and the gigabyte rep said that what was happening to me was normal. dont get me wrong i love gigabyte boards. but this latest uefi left me turned off.

well my SIV app is running at startup so it automatically starts running as soon as desktop comes up, the fans even run while booting up but run at higher RPM until desktop comes up

okay.. that's just very weird. will you be able to screenshot your installed updates in full window?

also when you said about the optional update.. you mean you didn't even installed any "update for windows 7 something KB0000000" as an example.

@han_han08

hey good to hear from you again, well i don't really think your mobo can't run PWM fans. i'm using S2PV which is 1 level before D3H was out i think.

and i'm running 1 SP120 PWM fan

post-187904-0-02321200-1426082623_thumb.

post-187904-0-40614000-1426082627_thumb.

post-187904-0-98528000-1426082630_thumb.

post-187904-0-39970200-1426082633_thumb.

post-187904-0-84852300-1426082635_thumb.

post-187904-0-45400200-1426082639_thumb.

post-187904-0-03793400-1426082642_thumb.

post-187904-0-87953900-1426082645_thumb.

post-187904-0-23694000-1426082649_thumb.

post-187904-0-67784300-1426082652_thumb.

@han_han08

and i'm running 1 SP120 P

Here are all my updates up to this day

post-187904-0-11901400-1426082746_thumb.

post-187904-0-86906800-1426082749_thumb.

post-187904-0-16990400-1426082753_thumb.