what do you guys think about the new titan x

anders_b

I will wait for some reviews like Linus and TTL.

I have been waiting a long time for a new GPU, so I hope this is the one.

Assuming normal Titan rules apply, no AIB partner will touch this, which is a shame. I would love EVGA/MSI to go nuts on this card. Imagine how much a classified/ lightning or kingpin edition Titan X would cost.

EVGA is coming out with one. It's listed on there website :)

its great news

it means  a 980Ti is coming shortly

I wouldn't necessarily up and say that. That's like saying because a new bugatti supercar came out that volkswagen is working on a new golf GTI. 

It's possible; but not entirely likely.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

EVGA is coming out with one. It's listed on there website :)

I checked but didn't see anything. do you have a link.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

What do I think ?

I think that for it to be a worth while GPU, it needs to be able to fully handle highly detailed 4k content on its own without SLI.

If it can do that then I think its about time VDU manufactures pulled their collective finger out and make some OLED 4k-5k screens at usable sizes (28"-46"). I dunno about you lot but im sick and tied of seeing release after release of crappy LCD screens when OLED has been available and waiting to be put into full production for years.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

I agree with you fully, but I don't think there's enough of your guys to be the target audience.

I'll use England as an example here as its a manageable size to consider. I'd say their was less than 1000 (at a guess) start up or small companies or content t creators that would warrant or could justify the cost of a titan. that isnt a huge number and I don't think nvidia would design a product based on that customer per populous.

again I can see the argument for something of this level if you were also a YouTube star/streamer. but again the big guys are few and far between.

maybe I'm just a cynical Arse!

Yea.. But we can't blame them too much. The don't even push us to buy their products anyway buddy.

They have their own market for titan and the reason why hey make the next titan is because they were quite success with the old titan.

People still buying it for many reasons.

If we can't afford it, they have another option for us.

I think that's fair enough right.

For your information, everything is far more expensive in my country.

I paid $760 for my 780 and u have to pay around $1500 for a standard titan and $1800-2000 for titan black.

And the worst is, u have to pay around $4000 for titan z.

But yea.. People still buying it anyway

I like it.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used 980? :D /s

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Considering That I do a significiant amount of cuda programming via optimized linalg libraries and even custom gpu functions, as well a decent amount of gaming, I finally have a card I'm willing to invest in.  12 GB is what the old Tesla card had, and the gaming performance will be spectacular, as well as rendering for physics simulations and cad stuff I do from time to time. 

Once a nice EK waterblock comes out for it, My ultimate build will soon be put into production.  

Meh i'd take 2x390x's instead

or a single 395x2! both are rumoured to be water cooled to start with.

hopefully the 395x2 doesn't have a huge premium over a pair of 390xs like the 295 did over the 290x

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Unless it's obscenely expensive, like well over 1k, I'll probably get two if they can drive 4k well.

Thrive on change. Embrace volatility.

It's very sexy

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Linus is driving his hype train when he thinks about all dem sponsored titan x cards he'll be getting

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I like it.

Anyone want to buy a slightly used 980? :D /s

How much  :blink:

Any who, well it looks fantastic, it simply is not practical for me in both cost and what it is designed for.  The titan market has always been a niche market, one which I simply don't fall into.  If I had a lambo, then yea I might get 1 or 2 but seeing as how I don't, I'll stick to the more 'consumer' oriented cards.

Even though its not yet a long running product, the Titan series is a nice product Demo that can be purchased early. Its Nvidia's way of saying "hey look, we are currently running these chips through fabrication, and we have a small quantity available that did not make the grade to be workstation chips. We know you want to use our next flagship card, and we want to sell these spare chips, so lets meet in the middle."

Thats not an actual quote, but that's what I imagine Nvidia would say about the Titan if marketing were told to be blunt with us.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Wait for the 1080 Ti...

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

prob going to have to sell ones house and first born to afford one of these.

then ill be the sake of FPS and multi screen.gaming

Way to copy someone elses comment from the article ;)

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

How much  :blink:

Any who, well it looks fantastic, it simply is not practical for me in both cost and what it is designed for.  The titan market has always been a niche market, one which I simply don't fall into.  If I had a lambo, then yea I might get 1 or 2 but seeing as how I don't, I'll stick to the more 'consumer' oriented cards.

That little /s means sarcasm.

I have no intentions of selling my 980 for a Titan X. Although if someone wanted to give me a Titan X I wouldn't turn it down ;)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

THERE IS NO 980 BLOODY TI

the 780TI was the first x80 card to have the TI boost and it only came out because the 290x was beating the 780 at the time so unless amd can pull something crazy off the 980's going to be the highest single gpu card in the 900 series lineup 

Chill, that is just what the community is calling it until Nvidia comes up with a name. I wouldn't care if they called it 980 Horse Radish Edition, as long as it lives up to standards.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor

Im curious, everytine i see posts about nvidia and AMD, people always hate nvidia. Hahaha..

Can someone tell me why?

Im curious, everytine i see posts about nvidia and AMD, people always hate nvidia. Hahaha..

Can someone tell me why?

I find most of the time when it comes to green team v red team the green team is simply happy to tease the reds about heat/power consumption while the red team gets pretty nasty about Nvidia. I think the red team seems to have some type of victim mentality that Nvidia is somehow ripping the gamers off while it has its foot on AMD's throat.

Just my 2 cents :)  

I find most of the time when it comes to green team v red team the green team is simply happy to tease the reds about heat/power consumption while the red team gets pretty nasty about Nvidia. I think the red team seems to have some type of victim mentality that Nvidia is somehow ripping the gamers off while it has its foot on AMD's throat.

Just my 2 cents :)

Ahahha.. I just don't get it. People can buy red for a better performance at the price (no doubt about it). And reds simply destroy the green in some games on higher res. Why they're still "envy" on green team anyway.

I'm with green simply because it's a good price for a hybrid workstation PC. I need their CUDA cores. That's why i love them. If your purpose is only for gaming u can simply go with red for a better experience right? It's simple And don't really need to hate the other team.

If your purpose is only for gaming u can simply go with red for a better experience right? 

My PC is strictly for gaming but i go with green team for a number of reasons, at 1920x1080 Nvidia is the right choice for me and besides that i like Gforce experience, driver support and other things that go along with being on the green team.

If i was gaming at higher resolutions and/or worried about my budget maybe i would swap because at times AMD provides a better product depending on the price point. Both sides have their moments, i think anyone that refuses to see they both have pro's and cons is just ignorant. 

My PC is strictly for gaming but i go with green team for a number of reasons, at 1920x1080 Nvidia is the right choice for me and besides that i like Gforce experience, driver support and other things that go along with being on the green team.

If i was gaming at higher resolutions and/or worried about my budget maybe i would swap because at times AMD provides a better product depending on the price point. Both sides have their moments, i think anyone that refuses to see they both have pro's and cons is just ignorant. 

yea.. u're completely right. it's all depends on what are u doing with your PC anyway. 

just buy what is right for u and stop blaming the other.

hahaha...