Mini-News: XBox One wireless adpater for its controller for PC coming later in the year

GoodBytes

Don't care, already have wireless 360 controllers and a dongle for em

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

Thats nice. makes me want the controller even more now

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

But I have a feeling most people won't buy it because the Xbox One controller sucks (IMO) and will just by a 360 controller if they don't already own one.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

They do this, when what we really want is for them to stop making games like Halo exclusive to their peasant box.

F**k off Microsoft. Wake the hell up, or just watch Valve steal PC gaming from you.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

But I have a feeling most people won't buy it because the Xbox One controller sucks (IMO) and will just by a 360 controller if they don't already own one.

And on top of that a wired 360 pad is only like $30. 

Yay!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

About time. Personally I'll keep using my 360 controller, but for newcomers this is definitely a good thing.

They do this, when what we really want is for them to stop making games like Halo exclusive to their peasant box.

F**k off Microsoft. Wake the hell up, or just watch Valve steal PC gaming from you.

Once Phil Spencer gets fired by Satya Nadella (please) everything will be all better

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Finally, I've been waiting for this. :)

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

If its able to connect to the 360 controllers as well, i'm all in.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

How is this in any way related to the topic?

Because the majority of PC gamer's know that controller sucks for almost all genre's of games? With the exception of games like ESO where the entire layout was designed for consoles because of bethesda's demented dream of bringing a decent MMO to hardware that can't really handle an MMO

Would've been cooler if they were able to make a wireless dongle that hooked up multiple controllers once you sync them.

I'll stick to using my keyboard and mouse for gaming. (Except for when emulating games, then the controller for that system is best, though I only really emulate NES, SNES, and PS1 games)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Because the majority of PC gamer's know that controller sucks for almost all genre's of games? With the exception of games like ESO where the entire layout was designed for consoles because of bethesda's demented dream of bringing a decent MMO to hardware that can't really handle an MMO

It's interesting how there are several people in the thread that are either excited for this or stating that they will stick with their 360 controllers then. We have plenty of use for controllers on the PC, especially for games that were designed for consoles and ported over, not to mention emulating old consoles.

If its able to connect to the 360 controllers as well, i'm all in.

they already have one made for 360 controllers

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I bought an arcade stick for fighting games and would get a driving wheel if I was into racers, but I honestly don't know any games where I would want a controller over a keyboard and mouse.

343 owns the rights to the Halo franchise now (but they still work very closely with Microsoft) so it's ultimately up to them but Microsoft probably holds some sway when it comes to Halo so that's why it's not on PC (at this time). And it makes sense from a corporate stand point, you have a product that isn't doing very well so you have exclusives to get more people to use your product over your competitors.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

343 owns the rights to the Halo franchise now (but they still work very closely with Microsoft) so it's ultimately up to them but Microsoft probably holds some sway when it comes to Halo so that's why it's not on PC (at this time). And it makes sense from a corporate stand point, you have a product that isn't doing very well so you have exclusives to get more people to use your product over your competitors.

Nope.

Bungie gave up the rights to Halo to MS when they left. Halo is 100% MS. Top to bottom, every last scrap paper with an idea. 

343 is the Microsoft Games Studio division that was made to handle Halo in its entirety. 343 doesn't decide anything. Its like DICE. DICE is wholly owned by EA. They don't "decide" anything. 

Instead of increasing the possible market for said product,

Windows basically owns PC gaming compared to the other operating systems. The only legitimate reason 343 would make Halo exclusive to console is because Microsoft said "either it's exclusive to Xbox, or doesn't come out on Xbox at all".

Again, lets buy an Xbox One so I can use an Xbox one on my PC! With the same graphics and added latency! Seriously Microsoft, just port Halo (even if it's crappy) and you'll be second to Gaben

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Again, lets buy an Xbox One so I can use an Xbox one on my PC! With the same graphics and added latency! Seriously Microsoft, just port Halo (even if it's crappy) and you'll be second to Gaben

The idea is for off TV play. If someone wants to use the TV, then you pick the controller up, go to any Windows powered device, and play your game there, whether be a tablet, laptop or desktop.

This is idea was brought by Nintendo with the WiiU, and been requested a lot to other console manufacture to implement. The PS4 has it with the PS Vita, and now with a box that you buy and connect to another TV or computer monitor that supports HDMI.