Mini-News: XBox One wireless adpater for its controller for PC coming later in the year

GoodBytes

The idea is for off TV play. If someone wants to use the TV, then you pick the controller up, go to any Windows powered device, and play your game there, weather be a tablet, laptop or desktop.

This is idea was brought by Nintendo with the WiiU, and been requested a lot to other console manufacture to implement. The PS4 has it with the PS Vita, and now with a box that you buy and connect to another TV or computer monitor that supports HDMI.

And with MSs interpretation, its on largely any Windows 10 device you care to own. Knowing MS, they'll ramp it out to all devices if they feasibly can. 

I would certainly enjoy the idea of using my iPhone to play Halo while someone else is using the TV. Its something the PS4 and Wii U do well. Gaming is exactly confined to the TV or even to one area, devices like that let you have your fun almost anywhere. 

The idea is for off TV play. If someone wants to use the TV, then you pick the controller up, go to any Windows powered device, and play your game there, weather be a tablet, laptop or desktop.

This is idea was brought by Nintendo with the WiiU, and been requested a lot to other console manufacture to implement. The PS4 has it with the PS Vita, and now with a box that you buy and connect to another TV or computer monitor that supports HDMI.

Still, what they're doing isn't bringing console functionality to PC's like they promised. I probably could have worded it better, but Microsoft would immediately gain so much influence on the PC community if they made an effort to include PC in it's ecosystem.

*Also, I sort of disregarded the controller part, I'm talking about the Windows 10 functionality to stream your Xbox to your PC, I do think adding Wireless support for Xbox controllers is a step in the right direction.

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Nope.

Bungie gave up the rights to Halo to MS when they left. Halo is 100% MS. Top to bottom, every last scrap paper with an idea. 

343 is the Microsoft Games Studio division that was made to handle Halo in its entirety. 343 doesn't decide anything. Its like DICE. DICE is wholly owned by EA. They don't "decide" anything. 

Ah, I though I was missing something. 343 is Microsoft's in house(ish) game dev.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Still, what they're doing isn't bringing console functionality to PC's like they promised. I probably could have worded it better, but Microsoft would immediately gain so much influence on the PC community if they made an effort to include PC in it's ecosystem.

Windows 10 has the functionality of the Xbox One as promised. You have the XBox App, which you can see your friends profile, you can take PC games screen shots and recording, crop them and send them to various services.

I mean I don't know what else they need to add. XBox One games on PC will most likely not come, all depending on the agreement they made with publishers, and it complicated exclusivity deals already signed.

Maybe the following gen console, with Satya on the realm things might be different, but for now I doubt it. Or if it plan, it won't be anytime soon due to renegotiation. Big publishers still don't like PC gaming due to piracy. Say what you will, the problem is what the big publishers sees in their view, not our view. They only view they care about from us, is giving them money, sadly.

Something to keep in mind, is even if you could play XBox One games on your PC, big chances that the game resolution and framerate would be locked, as they are usually the case.

Ah, I though I was missing something. 343 is Microsoft's in house(ish) game dev.

I mean they do get creative control over the series so they can pretty much get away with and authorize almost everything except for making Halo into a driving simulator or negotiating the movie rights.

Only reason is because 343 is headed by ex-Bungie employees and people who used to work alongside Bungie before, so theres enough of a core there that was "old school" to the point that MS is taking the "they know what they are doing" approach instead of overly clamping down. 

MCC however was a result of clamping down. Overhyping by 343, no leeway by MS, a spectacular clusterfuck by every studio that was involved in porting the game over. So it can and has gone wrong so far. 

about FUCKING time. PLEASE be a small dongle not some stupid thing on a cable

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

about FUCKING time. PLEASE be a small dongle not some stupid thing on a cable

That stupid 360 Dongle was so stupid. Who needed that much wire?

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

I would rather they first do something about not being able to use the better controller, the 360 wireless controller, on your PC without buying additional hardware. But whatever.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

That stupid 360 Dongle was so stupid. Who needed that much wire?

nobody it could have just been neat small usb dongle

heck my logitech controller uses one thats like 5mm long

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Actually there were some cut down custom dongles floating around on eBay for a while, only an inch or so long

Almost picked one up

The only use case i could think of is if a PC is plugged into a TV further away and your worried about the signal, but the Xbox controllers had a good range on them so i still dont know.

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

The only use case i could think of is if a PC is plugged into a TV further away and your worried about the signal, but the Xbox controllers had a good range on them so i still dont know.

mine work from like the other side of the house haha

Coooooooooooooooooooooooool :D

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.