I quit my job

Mush Brain

Looks like I will be living off government till I find a new job.

Depression awaits :(

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

That's sad :(

Hope you get a new one soon.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

You paid contributions with each monthly wage you were earning, so you're entitled to it.

Not good fun at all, but you'll come out the other side just fine. I did a lot of walking with my camera when I was last signing on. Important to keep to a vaguely work related occupation, bed at a normal time, wake up at a normal time, etc. 

Damn, could you not have stuck with it until you found a new one?

id be fucked if I lost my job

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hopefully the UK's Welfare thingy is better than the American one  :D

I think all are better than the American one :P

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

There is nothing more depressing than not contributing in some way to society and not being around people.  My dad finally understood how my life was when he had to retire.  I hope Mush Brain you get to work as soon as possible.  Best of luck.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

On the positive note. You're not dead or disabled. :lol:

Exactly.  Dead = no chance and well disabled is hell.  I live it.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I was off work with a pulled shoulder, but they started being pushy. ..

So they can stick their 55 hours a week up their asses.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

55 hours sounds crazy

OMG wow, how did u do 55 hours

also, what job did u have that u quit?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

OMG wow, how did u do 55 hours

also, what job did u have that u quit?

55hrs isn't that hard. I worked 30-40 hours a week during my senior year in high school with plenty of extra time to do fun stuff and get homework done.  

OP: I hope you can find a good job quickly. I don't know how hard it is to do so in the UK. 

What a coincidence, I need a job :D and fast too...

In the US if you quit your job you do not get unemployment...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Pretty sure it is most of my local city seems to be doing a pretty good job living on it :P

I worked for CEVA, move car parts into cages with a scanner,and we must hit a scan rate of 72/hr.

The parts we move are from air filters to windscreens.. then transmissions and engines to huge disc brakes.

It's even worse when the assholes around you are lazy and only move the small shit in order to hit scan rate.

Meanwhile I move around 4 dc brakes at once which are ranging from 25kg to upwards of 40kg each.

The engines are around 55-70KG.

A transmission is around the same.

Do that for 55 hours a week and you will soon know what pain is.

I am a fully trained soldier and this work still hit me hard..

I am ex 7th Parachute Regiment which is an elite artillery regt that aids the infantry Paras in battle.

Sounds like your managers aren't doing a good job watching what work everyone is doing. At my retail job I became a trainer for my position (pushing cars). I could do a few hundred an hour without too much of an issue. My trainees would do less than 100 an hour and bitch about it to no end. If the weather was poor, I usually got called in because the other person would call off. But I made it super clear to management on who was actually doing what work and they did a good job of listening and monitoring everyone. Working with management rather than hating them goes a long way. My raise was 3x what the other people got (still a very small amount, but it shows that they noticed my hard work). 

i quit 4 jobs in a bout a year and now i'm making more money then i ever dreamed possible! change is a good thing!

fuck shit jobs, fuck shit bosses,  nobody should be able to stop somebody to be happy!

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

i quit 4 jobs in a bout a year and now i'm making more money then i ever dreamed possible! change is a good thing!

fuck shit jobs, fuck shit bosses, nobody should be able to stop somebody to be happy!

I think I love you, you female? Would help. .. lawL.

My lady would rip my balls off haha.

I do 55 hours a week too. Its no fun that's for sure. Long story short I'll be quitting eventually and going back to my prior job.

Its usually a good idea to have a potential job opportunity available before you quit.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I had my fill of blue collar work as well; I went from working in factories in rough industrial estates to hauling white and brown goods up and down 8 or more flights of stairs (sometimes alone) all day long. Then finally wiping arses trying to make enough money to get through college when I decided that I'd had enough of it all. I did that for most of my early life and you know what I found? I found shit job after shit job and each and every one of them was filled with arseholes.

In that time there's been one job that I simply had to walk way from. It was shrink wrapping pet products in a factory based in one of the roughest areas of England. The work itself was truly harsh as were the managers. It was an environment run by fear and intimidation, it was very depressing and one would be instilled with feelings of dread about the next day of work. The average staff turnover for the factory was just one week. A large number of the workers were around my age at the time... 16 if I recall. Most of them, like me had done badly at/or simply dropped out of school for various reasons.

Having gone through a very rough childhood and having witnessed as well as caused a fair number of bloody injuries I thought that I had a strong stomach for violence at this point in my life. I would find this to be a rather arrogant assumption this one particular day:

One of these said co workers; a lad (I'm applying this term colloquially) started what he thought was a play fight with one of the lorry drivers... what happened next was far from play in any stretch of the imagination. This child (because that is what we were) ended up having his skull smashed off of the concrete floor until several of his teeth popped out. Afterwards the driver flicked open a knife and slashed him from cheek to cheek... effectively issuing a 'Columbian smile'. He left him in a pool of his own blood and calmly walked away back to his rig and drove off.

I didn't turn up for work the next day...

...and to this day I can still recall with great clarity the sickening sounds of his head being smashed into that cold concrete floor.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

I had my fill of blue collar work as well; I went from working in factories in rough industrial estates to hauling white and brown goods up and down 8 or more flights of stairs (sometimes alone) all day long. Then finally wiping arses trying to make enough money to get through college when I decided that I'd had enough of it all. I did that for most of my early life and you know what I found? I found shit job after shit job and each and every one of them was filled with arseholes.

In that time there's been one job that I simply had to walk way from. It was shrink wrapping pet products in a factory based in one of the roughest areas of England. The work itself was truly harsh as were the managers. It was an environment run by fear and intimidation, it was very depressing and one would be instilled with feelings of dread about the next day of work. The average staff turnover for the factory was just one week. A large number of the workers were around my age at the time... 16 if I recall. Most of them, like me had done badly at/or simply dropped out of school for various reasons.

Having gone through a very rough childhood and having witnessed as well as caused a fair number of bloody injuries I thought that I had a strong stomach for violence at this point in my life. I would find this to be a rather arrogant assumption this one particular day:

One of these said co workers; a lad (I'm applying this term colloquially) started what he thought was a play fight with one of the lorry drivers... what happened next was far from play in any stretch of the imagination. This child (because that is what we were) ended up having his skull smashed off of the concrete floor until several of his teeth popped out. Afterwards the driver flicked open a knife and slashed him from cheek to cheek... effectively issuing a 'Columbian smile'. He left him in a pool of his own blood and calmly walked away back to his rig and drove off.

I didn't turn up for work the next day...

...and to this day I can still recall with great clarity the sickening sounds of his head being smashed into that cold concrete floor.

Yikes, Have you considered moving to a less hostile area?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro