[Update 4/1] OnePlus DR-1 Drone released at just $20 with an extremely small design.

it is a smarttabletphonewatch

Half tablet

Half smartphone

Half Smartwatch

Phabletatch?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

If it's a smart tv I sure hope they don't ship them with a yellow hue and then have it be impossible to RMA they've already done that with their phones. I hope it's not some kind of android console there's no need for those to even exist at all IMO. Don't much care to see a speaker dock or any shitty thing like that either so kinda hoping it's none of the things any of us has guessed so far.  Hell I'd rather a smart lamp then any of the above lol.

The yellow hue was an easily fixable problem. Half hour under a UV light and bam, fixed.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The yellow hue was an easily fixable problem. Half hour under a UV light and bam, fixed.

That's all well and good but I don't want to be sticking a damn tv under a UV light it shouldn't need to be done at all. I personally never got the phone seems they didn't ship to Australia so I couldn't no matter how many invites I received.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

That's all well and good but I don't want to be sticking a damn tv under a UV light it shouldn't need to be done at all. I personally never got the phone seems they didn't ship to Australia so I couldn't no matter how many invites I received.

The yellow glow was a manufacturing error though, that only happened to one batch. It's almost certainly not going to happen again

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The yellow glow was a manufacturing error though, that only happened to one batch. It's almost certainly not going to happen again

Well that's fair enough. I still don't want them to make a Smart tv. Nor do I see them attempting one if nothing else shipping a TV of a decent size would be a royal pain and no doubt result in more then a few being damaged by the time the end user received them and with Oneplus's record of poor customer service that just seems like it wouldn't end well... What ever this item is it has to be easy for them to ship out so I expect something smaller and lighter or at least more resilient then a 55" screen lol 

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Well that's fair enough. I still don't want them to make a Smart tv. Nor do I see them attempting one if nothing else shipping a TV of a decent size would be a royal pain and no doubt result in more then a few being damaged by the time the end user received them and with Oneplus's record of poor customer service that just seems like it wouldn't end well... What ever this item is it has to be easy for them to ship out so I expect something smaller and lighter or at least more resilient then a 55" screen lol

Customer services has approved over the past month or so. It's not as fast as say apple or gtc, but you can expect to have a new device in 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

If it is a controller, god I'd get it in an instant, limelight streaming is actually feasible, I get like 40MS latency with my OnePlus, that's totally playable in my opinion. Also all the emulated game I could play :o

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

They keep saying "Game" and "Fun" and stuff so it's probably a gaming system.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Me and a friend were jsut analyzing this, and we have come to the conclusion that its most likely a game console or controller..

Notice The hands in the first picked look like they are holding a controller, and the text says "Your in CONTROL"

And im not sure about hte picture on the second card, but It does say "For the FUN of it"

What else could it be? Its definetly a device for playtime... cant think of anything else except a game console

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

it is a smarttabletphonewatch

Half tablet

Half smartphone

Half Smartwatch

I know you're only joking but you can't have an item that is 3 halves of something

1/3 tablet

1/3 smartphone

1/3 smartwatch

Haha it was just kinda funny after when I read your post and thought "wait, 3 halves. Lol"

I know you're only joking but you can't have an item that is 3 halves of something

1/3 tablet

1/3 smartphone

1/3 smartwatch

Haha it was just kinda funny after when I read your post and thought "wait, 3 halves. Lol"

Jake

Halve life 3 confirmed

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Not sure if retoast of someone else's post ITT but it's likely an Android console. The first pic points to that ever so clearly.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Not sure if retoast of someone else's post ITT but it's likely an Android console. The first pic points to that ever so clearly.

I posted this earlier in the week, then brought it back with updated info

They keep saying "Game" and "Fun" and stuff so it's probably a gaming system.

Me and a friend were jsut analyzing this, and we have come to the conclusion that its most likely a game console or controller..

Notice The hands in the first picked look like they are holding a controller, and the text says "Your in CONTROL"

And im not sure about hte picture on the second card, but It does say "For the FUN of it"

What else could it be? Its definetly a device for playtime... cant think of anything else except a game console

Anyone remember how they showcased these, but we never heard about them after.

maxresdefault.jpg

I think it will be a rebranded phonejoy controller.

Wow

I wasn't expecting that. This could be really interesting. I hope it has the same quality and aggressive pricing as the OnePlus One.

A drone? Wow. They really have no idea what they're doing. They can barely keep selling one phone, they're teasing others, now a drone as the next product? Alrighty...thats silly. 

Drones work two ways. Cheap and well...cheap. Or great and well made. Great flight controllers cost as much as entire RTF drones for starters...mine cost 400 dollars for crying out loud. 

Oh well. Their company. They can lose money however they chose. 

Kudos to them. Most brands overhype their products but here they've underhyped it. We were speculating about their new Oxygen OS and now they announce a freakin' drone!

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?

A drone? Wow. They really have no idea what they're doing. They can barely keep selling one phone, they're teasing others, now a drone as the next product? Alrighty...thats silly. 

Drones work two ways. Cheap and well...cheap. Or great and well made. Great flight controllers cost as much as entire RTF drones for starters...mine cost 400 dollars for crying out loud. 

Oh well. Their company. They can lose money however they chose. 

I don't mind them stepping into new terrain. They seem sort of capable of selling the One w/ open sales on tuesday + their full sale in china. Also they mentioned that inventory on the Oneplus two will be 50x greater then their current inventory, so I guess they feel comfortable taking the chance on the new product. I think this is what they meant by mainly making their mula off of accessories/products outside the One. 

I think it's all about execution on this one. If they don't mess up on launch, then oneplus might do fine.

Just now found out it's a drone. That seems pretty cool tbh

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Oneplus drone have been released. Check OP for new info

So they released what everyone else already makes? 

$_35.JPG

Wow. Revolutionary!

You guys do realize that you can't make drones like this "simpler" or "better". They already are simple. Its the nature of the beast. No auto stabilization (maybe some small ones), no GPS, no automatic everything. These are learner drones. Not something you use beyond a "for a lulz" capacity. And One Plus is wasting time with these? 

Makes sense. 

Lol. Limited edition. Are they that desperate for sales on stupid crap instead of focussing on their actual business?

resembles the estes proto x quite a bit

maxresdefault.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz