[Update 4/1] OnePlus DR-1 Drone released at just $20 with an extremely small design.

So they released what everyone else already makes?

$_35.JPG

Wow. Revolutionary!

You guys do realize that you can't make drones like this "simpler" or "better". They already are simple. Its the nature of the beast. No auto stabilization (maybe some small ones), no GPS, no automatic everything. These are learner drones. Not something you use beyond a "for a lulz" capacity. And One Plus is wasting time with these?

Makes sense.

Lol. Limited edition. Are they that desperate for sales on stupid crap instead of focussing on their actual business?

I guess some don't see the drone the way I do. I'm not really looking for a full fledged drone. As someone that one's to get into the hobby, I see the DR-1 as a nice opportunity to see if I like the core experience. Not to much money and a decent design from what I can see.

I don't like the limited edition thing. For 20$ I don't think it's necessary.

resembles the estes proto x quite a bit

maxresdefault.jpg

It may very well be that with rebadging. At the 20 dollar price point there isn't much way that OP is making money off these either. Like I said, its a nonsensical business move for them. This isn't like giving free pens at a convention that cost 5 cents to make. Drones, even micro ones like those, still cost a fair amount to make. 

I wonder if One Plus is going to have a invitation system for these too :D 

Cant tell if april fools or not..

I am a happy wuffy

It may very well be that with rebadging. At the 20 dollar price point there isn't much way that OP is making money off these either. Like I said, its a nonsensical business move for them. This isn't like giving free pens at a convention that cost 5 cents to make. Drones, even micro ones like those, still cost a fair amount to make. 

I wonder if One Plus is going to have a invitation system for these too :D

its probably just a publicity stunt to get more people interested. I bet you that once one plus release their next phone, they will include those micro drones with them for early buyers.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

its probably just a publicity stunt to get more people interested. I bet you that once one plus release their next phone, they will include those micro drones with them for early buyers.

As I expected, its not even available for sale in Canada. 

Seriously OP, Canada is not a 3rd world country. If you can sell to the 300 million in the US, you can tack on the 30 million in Canada too. 

Seriously OP, Canada is not a 3rd world country. If you can sell to the 300 million in the US, you can tack on the 30 million in Canada too. 

I mean, they're technically just as developed as us americans.

It's probably just a gimmick. Just like how this is a gimmick. http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=1&articleid=39579478&source=digest&tagid=-1&tagname=Top%20Stories

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I'd buy one but it doesn't say anything about how it's controlled. It doesn't say it comes with the controller in the picture and it doesn't say there's an app.

They haulted. shipment due to issues with custom fees. I think its because they use DHL as opposed to letting us chose usps or another carrier. It was like $400-$450 for the One after duty.

Dear Canadian friends,

Since we started shipping the One last year, we have received great feedback about how to better our logistics processes to ensure faster, more reliable deliveries.

We've received a lot of useful feedback from Canadian users specifically, who aren't yet completely satisfied. We're currently exploring new logistics options for this region and will resume shipping to Canada in the next few weeks.

This means we will not be able to ship phones from our upcoming Tuesday Open Sales to Canadian addresses… but just for the next few weeks. Thus, in summary, we are not currently accepting new orders, but we will still of course ship orders which have already been successfully placed. We assure you that this is only temporary and does not affect current owners of the One.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we will be sure to let you know when normal shipping resumes. Thanks for your understanding!

I'd buy one but it doesn't say anything about how it's controlled. It doesn't say it comes with the controller in the picture and it doesn't say there's an app.

Read quote 2 in OP. It implies the controller is there and gives you a brief description of flight. I don't think an app is coming.

sorry but the name is already being used by a tricopter rotar dr-1

sorry but the name is already being used by a tricopter rotar dr-1

It just means drone. I think its just one of those names.

DR-ONE

Not entirely sure why they're doing this, there are an absolute ton of "Micro Quadcopters" out there under various names and various designs. It's nothing special by all means. 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

... this is just a rebranded cheerson CX-10... and it turns out this was a well organized prank.  nice troll though

Read quote 2 in OP. It implies the controller is there and gives you a brief description of flight. I don't think an app is coming.

It implies its controlled by a controller, not that it comes with one in the package. However, they just changed the "In the box" description to include a controller so there's no doubt that it comes with one now. Not that it matters anymore, it's sold out.

This is just a rebrand of a popular Chinese design. I purchased this same exact design for my kids a month ago.

post-4667-0-66701500-1427913385_thumb.jp

post-4667-0-95508900-1427913394_thumb.jp

post-4667-0-66701500-1427913385_thumb.jp

post-4667-0-95508900-1427913394_thumb.jp

AMD 1700X// Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 // Geil DDR4 3200 // Gigabyte Aorus 1080//  Samsung 128GB 840 Pro SSD(OS)// Seagate Barracuda 1TB(games&docs)//

Cool Master Stacker 935//  LG Ultrawide 34UM95//  XSPC 360 Liquid Cooling//

Corsair K70 Mechanical Keyboard//  Corsair M65RGB//  Xonar DX//  Audio Technica ATH A900X// Blue Snowball Mic(Tandy POP filter)  

To everyone who is pissed off or upset and whatever, this was their April Fool's joke. They just decided to also make a few and sell them. It says it on their website at the bottom:

post-216-0-75324000-1427919114.png

So everyone should calm their tits.

To everyone who is pissed off or upset and whatever, this was their April Fool's joke. They just decided to also make a few and sell them. It says it on their website at the bottom:

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

So everyone should calm their tits.

20 years later after OnePlus takes over the phone market.

"Yap, I still have my limited edition OnePlus April fools drone"