Games with good stories/plot?

EpIcPoNaGe

dying light.. OK it's not much of a story but it kept me coming back for more till I finished the main quests. a very enjoyable game

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Metro 2033 and Last Light

Valiant Hearts : The Great War

Mass Effect Trilogy

Dragon Age Trilogy

The Witcher 1 & 2  (3rd title is coming out soon)

Deus Ex  (both the original & Human Revolution)

KOTOR 1 & 2

Bioshock Trilogy

I approve. That was most likely going to be my list. I would add,

Metro Series

Assassins Creed

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I'm trying to find a game I can really get absorbed in. Sadly, I'm pretty peculiar about graphics so that's why I haven't gotten around to finishing Half Life or Half Life 2... Here are some games that I've completed and quite liked:

Bioshock Infinite + DLC

Portal/Portal 2

Tomb Raider 

Blacklist

Also, what games have good replay value? I find that I don't replay many games after I beat it... 

You should still consider Half Life series. Plus there are mods to make the graphics look better for Half life 2. I suggest you look up the cinematics mod for HL 2. I also thought there was a mod for the original called black mesa but I never followed up to see if it was finished. Half Life 1 and 2 won several GOTY rewards when they came out.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Mass effect, :wub:  its probably been said already though 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Presentable Liberty! Presentable Liberty! Presentable Liberty! Presentable Liberty! Presentable Liberty! Presentable Liberty! (it's free)

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Yes.

Are you saying you dont consider any of the games in this thread to have good stories? or that you have not played any of them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Are you saying you dont consider any of the games in this thread to have good stories? or that you have not played any of them

I've played probably a third of them. Portal 2 was the only one with a decent story. The rest that I have played(Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Crysis) would not qualify as good stories in any medium except video games.

Resistance fall of man

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

GTA IV + Graphical Mods

I hated the GTA IV story. I thought it was the worst of the 3D GTA's. 

GTA Vice City however, I think had the best story.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Bought Transistor and am quite liking it.  :)

I'll try my best to check out the other games. Thanks again!

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

I really enjoyed

Dust an Elysian Tail (Awesome gameplay, story, music and replay value. Its quite a lenghty game too.)

The Witcher 1, 2 (I really enjoyed the story and it definitely got replay value as it has multiple endings based on choices you made, both games suffer in terms of gameplay but Witcher 2 is a big improvement over Witcher 1. Both games are lenghty to play. 30-40 hours per game at least).

Brothers the Tale of Two Sons (Awesome gameplay, music and story but it is short. Almost none replay value but that didnt stopped me from enjoying the journey 3 times anyway. CONTROLLER REQUIRED !!!! CANT STRESS THIS ENOUGH !!!! If you dont have it.. dont bother playing it. But it is must play game anyway so you better get one somewhere if you dont own one.).

Mass Effect 1, 2, 3 (What to say, all 3 of them are very solid games and if you enjoy Sci-Fi then this is probably one of the best newer RPGs in that genre. Huge replay value.).

Star Wars The Knight of the Old Republic 1, 2 (The best Sci-fi RPG in that genre at least for me but it is really old game. Huge replay value).

I've played probably a third of them. Portal 2 was the only one with a decent story. The rest that I have played(Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Crysis) would not qualify as good stories in any medium except video games.

well, if you say so

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

hands down 
Max payne 2

Amd phenom ii x4 955 Asus crosshair iv formula Kingston hyperx fury 8GB 1600mhz ASUS Radeon R9 280X DirectCU II
Cooler master haf xb evo Antec 750w 500gb wd black BenQ gw2760hs Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive