Games with good stories/plot?

EpIcPoNaGe

I'm trying to find a game I can really get absorbed in. Sadly, I'm pretty peculiar about graphics so that's why I haven't gotten around to finishing Half Life or Half Life 2... Here are some games that I've completed and quite liked:

Bioshock Infinite + DLC

Portal/Portal 2

Tomb Raider 

Blacklist

Also, what games have good replay value? I find that I don't replay many games after I beat it... 

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

GTA IV + Graphical Mods

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Call of Duty. 10/10 best plot ever. So original too

/s

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Mass Effect Trilogy

Dragon Age Trilogy

The Witcher 1 & 2  (3rd title is coming out soon)

Deus Ex  (both the original & Human Revolution)

KOTOR 1 & 2

Bioshock Trilogy

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Dishonored has a good story but the presentation of the story is not perfect. The setting is nice.

Far Cry 3 is pretty much the opposite of Dishonored. Good presentation of the story. Story is okay. Better immersion with the character. Other characters are well made.

Bioshock 1 if you haven't played that before Infinite.

Crysis 1 imo. Not amazing but pretty immersive for a shooter, at least towards the end.

You should finish Half Life 2 + DLCs though. The story is good but the experience/gameplay is just amazing! A bit like Portal 2.

Mass Effect Trilogy, definiteley! This should be at the #1 of my list

Other than that I'm subbed for mroe games. :D

who cares...

GTA IV + Graphical Mods

Lol if you can get it to work xD

I had GTA IV up and running with ICEnhancer, a car pack, and a weapons mod but the missions stopped working and the cop system broke xD

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

Lol if you can get it to work xD

I had GTA IV up and running with ICEnhancer, a car pack, and a weapons mod but the missions stopped working and the cop system broke xD

The vanilla game was horrible already. Crashed quite often, especially in the very last mission. Didn't finish the game, lol. :D

who cares...

Alpha protocol is suprisingly good, fun with a solid if standard spy/thriller plot.

Sleeping dogs is an amazingly done story of gangster/undercover cop

I also hear very good things about Divinity: Original Sin, though I havn't played it yet so can't comment personaly.

oh, and Spec Ops: the Line. Seriously, that game screws with your head big time, great story. Metro: last light is also quite respectable.

I've never played a game with good plot. The closest was Victoria II.

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Dishonored

Sleeping Dogs

Spec Ops: The Line

Transistor

Valiant Hearts: The Great War

The Walking Dead

The Wolf Among Us

Fallout 3 - dated graphics though.

mods help ton, check nexus mods for really all your games, never know what will bring new life to a old game.

The first BioShock for sure. It's a little hard to get into if you've played Infinite first, but please stick with it. Once you sort out the compatibility issues, and re-do the controls (specifically change the way you switch from plasmid to weapon) most of the issues are solved. It has a very different feel to it than Infinite, but I love it so much more.

Don't bother with BioShock 2 though. You'd have more fun frotting with a cheese grater.

Thanks for all the recommendations!  :) I'll be sure to check them all out when I can (most likely when they're on sale  :P )

Desktop: The Bluez | CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.5 ghz 1.296V | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: P8Z77 M-Pro | Memory: 16 GB 1600Mhz Kingston HyperX  

GPU: Asus GTX 780ti DirectCu II | HDD: Some Random Hitachi 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, 850 EVO 500GB | PSU: Rosewill Hive 750W | Case: Enermax Ostrog GT (Blue Ver.) 

Laptop: Razer Blade 14 2013 256GB

mods help ton, check nexus mods for really all your games, never know what will bring new life to a old game.

will do.

The graphics don't bother me too much, the commnet was more about the OP being more particular about it.

I think alien isolation is obe of the best new game that i've ever played.

Mass effect 3 is also wonderful i u want last gen game

Yeah GTA IV does have an amazing story and fully modded it looks very pretty even by today's standards. Get warmed up for GTA V on PC next month too!! 

The wolf among us

MSI X99S SLI PLUS  // Intel Core i7-5960X Processor (8 x 3.0 GHz) // Corsair Hydro Series H80i Cooling // 32 GB DDR4 High End Crucial 2133 MHz RAM

2 x 4096 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 //2 x 500 GB SATA III Samsung 840 EVO SSD // 4000 GB SATA III, 7200upm // 1000 Watt Silverstone Strider SS //Creative Sound Blaster Z

Cooler Master Cosmos II Big Tower (ATX)

I've never played a game with good plot. The closest was Victoria II.

Seriously?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Shadow Of Mordor!

If your into the LOTR lore, the game adds an interesting perspective to middle earth and was extremely

fun to play.