My Jamo Sub 250 is blowing fuses

Olejrgen

Hi, 

I don't know if this is the best topic for this forum, but since there are a lot of knowledgeable people in here, I am giving it a shot anyway.

My Jamo Sub 250 is blowing fuses whenever I connect the power cable. I opened it up and there is no visible burn marks on the circuit board nor on any of the components on there. I am pretty versed in DIY, but complex circuit board amplifiers like these are a bit out of my reach. 

Any help is appreciated and if there is any info that might help find the problem I'm more than happy to bring that in. The sub 250 is a pretty consumer priced product so going to a electronics repairer is not really an option, as buying a new sub would cost less. 

Thats odd

does it happen even when its not connected to any audio cables?

unless there is an obvious short or damage to the PCB you will probably have to replace the entire sub

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Hi, 

I don't know if this is the best topic for this forum, but since there are a lot of knowledgeable people in here, I am giving it a shot anyway.

My Jamo Sub 250 is blowing fuses whenever I connect the power cable. I opened it up and there is no visible burn marks on the circuit board nor on any of the components on there. I am pretty versed in DIY, but complex circuit board amplifiers like these are a bit out of my reach. 

Any help is appreciated and if there is any info that might help find the problem I'm more than happy to bring that in. The sub 250 is a pretty consumer priced product so going to a electronics repairer is not really an option, as buying a new sub would cost less. 

my guess is that one of the diodes in the bridge rectifier(turns AC to DC after the transformer and before the power caps) has shorted. they're a pretty inexpensive part, but that's only a guess 

I do not know what a Bridge rectifier is, or how it should look like, but can these short without any visible burn or anything?

• 4 years later...