Roccat Kone Pure vs Pure Military

Kray2k

I had a honour to hold Roccat Kone Pure in my hand. I was super excited. It's awesome.

But i thought i could get the same mouse with better sensor. What do you think which mouse has the best sensor?

#Laser_vs_Optical

Optical > Laser. Laser sensor has inherent non-linear positive acceleration.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Kone Pure uses the Avago ADNS-3090 sensor (good, not perfect). The Military uses the Avago ADNS-3310 ("perfect").

So I say go with the Pure Military.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I had a honour to hold Roccat Kone Pure in my hand. I was super excited. It's awesome.

But i thought i could get the same mouse with better sensor. What do you think which mouse has a best sensor?

#Laser_vs_Optical

Normal KP uses a 3090 (talking about the optical version) and the KPM uses a 3310 which is a better 3090 basically

Laser vs optical isn't even a debate anymore

Thanks.

I could buy Roccat Kone Pure right after my visiting store but i realised that Military could be better and was right i guess.

Sensors are gaming company BS invented to force you to use more money. You will not feel the difference.

Yes you will. You are basically saying that any sensor can be the best like the ones in a Dell mouse. But, people buy gaming mice not only for functionality with buttons but also for the sensor and other features. Ex: a g502 proteus core sensor does not have just as good tracking as a stock dell mouse.

Sensors are gaming company BS invented to force you to use more money. You will not feel the difference.

This is not even up for discussion. It's not BS companies have invented to get more money. There are real difference between sensors whether optical or laser and real users have been testing and comparing these differences for years. 

You know how companies get "uneducated" consumers? They slap on a giant sticker saying the mouse have a dpi of a billion and consumers who are unaware think the higher dpi automatically means it's a better mouse.

This is not even up for discussion. It's not BS companies have invented to get more money. There are real difference between sensors whether optical or laser and real users have been testing and comparing these differences for years. 

You know how companies get "uneducated" consumers? They slap on a giant sticker saying the mouse have a dpi of a billion and consumers who are unaware think the higher dpi automatically means it's a better mouse.

Yea, @TAK has kinda been brain washed with the fact that "gaming" destroys a product. It can. But, it doesn't. If sensors were really BS, then most of us in LTT would know that.

Yea, @TAK has kinda been brain washed with the fact that "gaming" destroys a product. It can. But, it doesn't. If sensors were really BS, then most of us in LTT would know that.

The funny thing is that the gaming companies were the ones not caring about sensor quality. They used to put whatever was easily marketable in their mice regardless of how good the actual quality was. Laser sounds fancy, 8200 DPI sounds better than 4000, for example. Most of the recent strides toward quality sensors instead of the highest DPI and marketing buzzwords has been due to consumer research and testing. Mouse sensors are way more complex than just "does the cursor move on the screeen?".

get this:

Idk if it is still sold retail though, I got mine NIB from craigslist for $20 last year.

The Roccat Kone Pure Military is on sale in Canada for $40 right now, I just ordered one and it looks pretty good, I cannot wait for it to arrive.

Roccat Kone with the optical sensor of those two will be better. Only laser sensors that I can say really work are the one in the M65 and the one in the G502 which is branded as an optical cuz it's so damn good.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

G502 which is branded as an optical cuz it's so damn good.

3366 is in fact LED illuminated("Optical"), branding it "Optical" while being "Laser" would be kind of shooting yourself in the foot, altough G502 would be a goldmine either way.

Roccat Kone with the optical sensor of those two will be better. Only laser sensors that I can say really work are the one in the M65 and the one in the G502 which is branded as an optical cuz it's so damn good.

It's an optical sensor in the G502. The M65 is only "good" if you don't care about the non-linear positive acceleration it has..

Don't get wrong, not everybody cares about having a mouse with "perfect" tracking and they should by all means stick with laser sensor if that's what they want.

The only laser mice one could consider or those like that of the Logitech 402 that combine the laser sensor with a gyroscope to compensate for shortcomings of the sensor.