My PC gaming is dying.

Mush Brain

No I order off Amazon and Ebay, gamestop don't exist here.

So you have time to wait for game to be DELIVERED to your doorstep, but can't wait for a few hours for games to download?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

So you have time to wait for game to be DELIVERED to your doorstep, but can't wait for a few hours for games to download?

Wait for Windows to boot, sit upright at my PC after physically exerting myself all day for 11 hours...
i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Wait for Windows to boot, sit upright at my PC after physically exerting myself all day for 11 hours...

That made literally no sense. What part of downloading game(hint: you don't have to be staring at screen while waiting) have you sit upright at your PC for 11 hours?

Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

That made literally no sense. What part of downloading game(hint: you don't have to be staring at screen while waiting) have you sit upright at your PC for 11 hours?

No I think you don't get the point of what I mean.

You have to sit up at the PC....

I don't have to with my PS3.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

No I think you don't get the point of what I mean.

You have to sit up at the PC....

I don't have to with my PS3.

I don't have to sit up at the PC....

I plug my laptop to my TV and play local coop with my friends.

I don't have to sit up at the PC....

I plug my laptop to my TV and play local coop with my friends.

People forget that you can use any console controller on a PC.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

People forget that you can use any console controller on a PC.

People also forget that you can use TV as monitor; and Steam inhome streaming.

People also forget that you can use TV as monitor; and Steam inhome streaming.

Thank god for HDMI.

PMSL

1 word to define PC gaming: Options

Soooo many options, if you get bored it's YOUR fault.

I think in another console generation or so the lines between PC and console will be very blurred if not gone all together with.

I hope that we head towards a world where every house has a computer at its heart, a mini super computer of sorts that allows for multiple simultaneous users, father in the sofa after a hard days work streaming the news to a big screen, daughter doing some homework in the office, son playing some games on his peripherals in his bedroom that connect to the central PC in the basement via WiFi.... you get the picture :) 

For me.

I seem to have far more fun playing exclusives on my 1 month old, £50 PS3 than I do my £3780 PC setup.

I feel like I got fucked in the ass by an elephant going enthusiast for my PC upgrade from a 2500K/ GTX 480.

It'll come back around, I got a ps3 and 360 to play the exclusives and left PC gaming for a while.

Started playing Skyrim and a few others and missed the fact I couldn't mod anything and the 60fps.

After all it's about what your playing not what your playing on, if the servers hadn't died I'd probably still be playing MAG

PC Gaming is on fire since steam become more exposed to public, yes there are still much exclusive games on console, but mostly it always multi-platform.

on the other hand, the one who's actually dying is Portable Console

Android market just overwhelmed with casual games, and it just keep coming

combine with micro transactions making it more attractive for developer/publisher.

It all depends on what your gaming goals are. I used to be a super hardcore gamer in college with a 360, PS3, and PC, but now I just don't play that often. I still love video games, but there are a lot of things I prefer doing instead. Some say it's part of getting older, I believe that some people just aren't built for long term gaming. As for "PC v 360 v PS3", it's whatever floats your boat. I still have a PS3 along with the new PC I build in Nov. I want to get an XBox One and a PS4, but I know I won't be gaming regularly enough to justify the money (unless I win the lottery and have a ton of extra money after I pay off my student loans).

Don't get any consoles. I made a big mistake getting a PS4, I barely play any games. Last time I played on the PS4 was like 3 weeks ago. I play PC nowadays. Wasted around £500 for nothing. :(

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I'm actually thinking of moving away from PC purely because I hardly use it anymore, I have a job, a GF, I have literally no time to wait for installations and downloads on Steam anymore.

Its the same as the next gen consoles. You have to install games as well. Takes forever, all though I don't play console anymore.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

For me.

I seem to have far more fun playing exclusives on my 1 month old, £50 PS3 than I do my £3780 PC setup.

I feel like I got fucked in the ass by an elephant going enthusiast for my PC upgrade from a 2500K/ GTX 480.

... and that means PC gaming is dieing? GG. 

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

i also feel like i am not enjoying gaming as much, becasue all my friends are on ps4, and there is just me and a buddy on pc playing csgo

I feel ya bruh, my mates all have PS4's too. I kind of want one too. :P 

Don't think I'll enjoy Project Cars, BF4, Uncharted 4 and GTA V. Any less on consoles unless they're not 1080p 60fps. 

Not sure whether I should follow through because I really want to get into building again.. or maybe save money and go i5-4660 + H97 Plus instead of 4790K + Ranger VII.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

I have to say that games are far less engaging, intelligent or difficult to master. Just played Crysis 3 on the hardest difficulty in a few hours and maybe died ..once?

Feel like they just imported the difficulty from consoles and didn't bother to balance the game for PC users. Like most games being ported over. Games are just busywork now, nothing more. Conglomerates of focustested and field-tested elements all forming a supposed perfect formula. When all the character of what games used to present have died.

I don't know, Star Citizen is taking too long, I may have stopped before it finally launches.

Mush Brain, on 01 Mar 2015 - 2:51 PM, said:

I'm actually thinking of moving away from PC purely because I hardly use it anymore, I have a job, a GF, I have literally no time to wait for installations and downloads on Steam anymore.

Yeah because installing a game takes hours and hours to complete and you can't purchase PC games from a shop that come in disc format......

PC Gaming is on fire since steam become more exposed to public, yes there are still much exclusive games on console, but mostly it always multi-platform.

on the other hand, the one who's actually dying is Portable Console

Android market just overwhelmed with casual games, and it just keep coming

combine with micro transactions making it more attractive for developer/publisher.

My Nintendo DS Lite-hasn't been used in 2 years since I realised that ebooks and games were better on an Android tablet, though the DS is still king of my Gameboy games.

Its the same as the next gen consoles. You have to install games as well. Takes forever, all though I don't play console anymore.

That's why I love my old XBOX, its so much easier to setup and use than anything after it. Plugin in the cables, plugin in the remote, insert disk and away you go. No screwing around required.

PMSL

Yeah because installing a game takes hours and hours to complete and you can't purchase PC games from a shop that come in disc format......

Correct.

Console gaming is horrible imo. I almost only play FPS's and doing that with a controller at 30fps sucks.

And that's fair I guess. You're sitting with a 980 and don't even enjoy using it while I'm here with a 730M.

Consoles are about marketing and turning coins round as more as possible.

And no, PC Gaming is not dying as long as there are very enthusiastic sim driving titles available like Project CARS, Assetto Corsa, RFactor, RBR and RSRBR! 

^^

Consoles are not made from golden parts, they are only hardware originated from PC otherwise utterly weaker than PC!

so you'd rather wait for downloads, installs and updates on consoles instead?? assuming that psn and xbl isnt down and being hacked at the time.

your problem is spending so much on a pc you've passed the point of reasonable returns and the expense doesnt justify it, a cheaper pc would of done you better.

Falcon: Corsair 750D 8320at4.6ghz 1.3v | 4GB MSI Gaming R9-290 @1000/1250 | 2x8GB 2400mhz Kingston HyperX Beast | Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula | Antec H620 | Corsair RM750w | Crucial M500 240GB, Toshiba 2TB, DarkThemeMasterRace, my G3258 has an upgrade path, my fx8320 doesn't need one...total cost £840=cpu£105, board£65, ram£105, Cooler £20, GPU£200, PSU£88, SSD£75, HDD£57, case£125.

CASE:-NZXT S340 Black, CPU:-FX8120 @4.2Ghz, COOLER:-CM Hyper 212 EVO, BOARD:-MSI 970 Gaming, RAM:-2x4gb 2400mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro, GPU: SLI EVGA GTX480's @700/1000, PSU:-Corsair CX600m, HDD:-WD green 160GB+2TB toshiba
CASE:-(probably) Cooltek U1, CPU:-G3258 @4.5ghx, COOLER:-stock(soon "MSI Dragon" AiO likely), BOARD:-MSI z87i ITX Gaming, RAM:-1x4gb 1333mhz Patriot, GPU: Asus DCU2 r9-270 OC@1000/1500mem, PSU:-Sweex 350w.., HDD:-WD Caviar Blue 640GB
CASE:-TBD, CPU:-Core2Quad QX9650 @4Ghz, COOLER:-OCZ 92mm tower thing, BOARD:-MSI p43-c51, RAM:-4x1GB 800mhz Corsair XMS2, GPU: Zotac GTX460se @800/1000, PSU:-OCZ600sxs, HDD:-WD green 160GBBlueJean-A
 CASE:-Black/Blue Sharkoon T9, CPU:-Phenom2 x4 B55 @3.6Ghz/1.4v, COOLER:-FX8320 Stock HSF, BOARD:-M5A78L-M/USB3, RAM:-4GB 1333mhz Kingston low profile at 1600mhz, GPU:-EVGA GTX285, PSU:-Antec TP550w modu, STORAGE:-240gb  M500+2TB Toshiba
CASE:-icute zl02-3g-bb, CPU:-Phenom2 X6 1055t @3.5Ghz, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-Asrock m3a UCC, RAM:2x2GB 1333mhz Zeppelin (thats yellow!), GPU: XFX 1GB HD6870xxx, PSU:-some 450 POS, HDD:-WD Scorpio blue 120GB
CASE:-Packard Bell iMedia X2424, Custom black/red Aerocool Xpredator fulltower, CPU's:-E5200, C2D [email protected]<script cf-hash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>(so e8500), COOLER:-Scythe Big shuriken2 Rev B, BFG gtx260 sp216 OC, RAM:-tons..
Gigabyte GTX460, Gigabyte gt430,
GPU's:-GT210 1GB,  asus hd6670 1GB gddr5, XFX XXX 9600gt 512mb Alpha dog edition, few q6600's
PICTURES CASE:-CIT mars black+red, CPU:-Athlon K6 650mhz slot A, COOLER:-Stock, BOARD:-QDI Kinetiz 7a, RAM:-256+256+256MB 133mhz SDram, GPU:-inno3d geforce4 mx440 64mb, PSU:-E-Zcool 450w, STORAGE:-2x WD 40gb "black" drives,
CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra, CPU:-Athlon64 4000+, COOLER:-BIG stock one, BOARD:-MSI something*, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz ECC transcend, GPU:-ati 9800se@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-2x maxtor 80gb,
PICTURES CASE:-silver/red raidmax cobra (another), CPU:-Pentium4 2.8ghz prescott, COOLER:-Artic Coolering Freezer4, BOARD:-DFI lanparty infinity 865 R2, RAM:-(matched pair)2x1GB 400mhz kingston, GPU:-ati 9550@375core/325mem, PSU:-pfft, HDD:-another 2x WD 80gb,
CASE:-ML110 G4, CPU:-xeon 4030, COOLER:-stock leaf blower, BOARD:-stock raid 771 board, RAM:-2x2GB 666mhz kingston ECC ddr2, GPU:-9400GT 1GB, PSU:-stock delta, RAID:-JMicron JMB363 card+onboard raid controller, HDD:-320gb hitachi OS, 2xMaxtor 160gb raid1, 500gb samsungSP, 160gb WD, LAPTOP:-Dell n5030, CPU:-replaced s*** cel900 with awesome C2D E8100, RAM:-2x2GB 1333mhz ddr3, HDD:-320gb, PHONE's:-LG optimus 3D (p920) on 2.3.5@300-600mhz de-clock (batteryFTW)

Doesn't that kind of imply that you have to sit at your computer doing nothing whilst waiting for an install? That being said, its your opinion, and while I believe that PCs are objectively better, nothing beats unwinding at the couch after a hard day's work.

• CPU

AMD Phenom II x4 965

• Motherboard

Asus M4A88T-I DELUXE(mini-Itx)

RAM

8gb

GPU

EVGA GTX 750

Case

COOLER MASTER Elite 110

Storage

112 GB SSD+WD 1TB

PSU

Corsair 500W

Display(s)

BENQ 1080p 120hz(exact model unknown

Cooling

Liquid

Keyboard

Logitech K120

Mouse

Logitech - G502 Proteus Core Optical Gaming Mouse - Black (How do you make this click to show thanks)

so you'd rather wait for downloads, installs and updates on consoles instead?? assuming that psn and xbl isnt down and being hacked at the time.

your problem is spending so much on a pc you've passed the point of reasonable returns and the expense doesnt justify it, a cheaper pc would of done you better.

You mean small sized patches and the occasional mandatory install? Sure, it's quicker than downloading from Steam. No worries about if it will work or not too.