My PC gaming is dying.

Mush Brain

For me.

I seem to have far more fun playing exclusives on my 1 month old, £50 PS3 than I do my £3780 PC setup.

I feel like I got fucked in the ass by an elephant going enthusiast for my PC upgrade from a 2500K/ GTX 480.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

dat click bait

i also feel like i am not enjoying gaming as much, becasue all my friends are on ps4, and there is just me and a buddy on pc playing csgo

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

For me.

I seem to have far more fun playing exclusives on my 1 month old, £50 PS3 than I do my £3780 PC setup.

I feel like I got fucked in the ass by an elephant going enthusiast for my PC upgrade from a 2500K/ GTX 480.

I'll trade you my XBox 360 for your system. It's even more fun than the PS3.

Good for you. I respect your opinion. I use my PC for more than gaming, so I couldn't swap back. Honestly, I find myself playing less and less games. I haven't really played a game in about a week and a half.

But, it's not dying. I'm just getting busier. PC gaming is superior imo.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

I'll trade you my XBox 360 for your system. It's even more fun than the PS3.

I own a 360... Halo is shit and gears is repetitive.
i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Everyones taste is different, you've got to admit the PS3 has some great games, uncharted, last of us, littlebig planet, gran turismo, journey, ratchet and clank series .

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

It all depends on what your gaming goals are. I used to be a super hardcore gamer in college with a 360, PS3, and PC, but now I just don't play that often. I still love video games, but there are a lot of things I prefer doing instead. Some say it's part of getting older, I believe that some people just aren't built for long term gaming. As for "PC v 360 v PS3", it's whatever floats your boat. I still have a PS3 along with the new PC I build in Nov. I want to get an XBox One and a PS4, but I know I won't be gaming regularly enough to justify the money (unless I win the lottery and have a ton of extra money after I pay off my student loans).

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

"For me." 

Best clickbait ever OP

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I'm actually thinking of moving away from PC purely because I hardly use it anymore, I have a job, a GF, I have literally no time to wait for installations and downloads on Steam anymore.

Its only really died off for me because I'm having more fun overclocking my legacy rigs.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

It's funny, to me the biggest advantage of PC gaming over console isn't the graphics that I spent way more on or the cleaner framerates or the modding. It's being able to use a keyboard and mouse.

#OriginalXBOXmasterrace

PMSL

It's funny, to me the biggest advantage of PC gaming over console isn't the graphics that I spent way more on or the cleaner framerates or the modding. It's being able to use a keyboard and mouse.

Going to be simply honest with you here.

I said the same thing until you realise it is an even playing field.

Took me around a week to get to grips with the SixAxis, now I do great in multi player though not the best, and I have zero issues with single player FPS.

Mouse and Keyboard only matter on PC.

Go to sleep its 4am

Anyway pc gaming does get boring i think the whole messing around with friends shit that you could do in halo or Mw2 is reduced on PC just because the player base isn't there It's unfortunate but its a fact.

I'm actually thinking of moving away from PC purely because I hardly use it anymore, I have a job, a GF, I have literally no time to wait for installations and downloads on Steam anymore.

Because console games don't need install/download, right?

You don't have time to wait for install/download but you had time to go to GameStop?

At least you got one thing correct: you did fuck yourself in ass by upgrading the CPU.

Go to sleep its 4am

Anyway pc gaming does get boring i think the whole messing around with friends shit that you could do in halo or Mw2 is reduced on PC just because the player base isn't there It's unfortunate but its a fact.

PC gaming: where you can get an entire PC-lab(in school) of people to play HALO or CS at same time.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Disc based ones require patching, heck not all of them though... played Resistance FOM without a single thing from the net and no installation.

Going to be simply honest with you here.

I said the same thing until you realise it is an even playing field.

Took me around a week to get to grips with the SixAxis, now I do great in multi player though not the best, and I have zero issues with single player FPS.

Mouse and Keyboard only matter on PC.

Maybe it's just that I have been playing mostly console for years until the last few months, but going back to mouse and keyboard feels better to me.

And you don't have time to wait for install/download but you had time to go to GameStop?

PC gaming: where you can get an entire PC-lab(in school) of people to play HALO or CS at same time.

Ahhh good times, especially when the school I was going to upgraded the computers, and we could play massive custom maps such as Extinction.

PMSL

Because console games don't need install/download, right?You don't have time to wait for install/download but you had time to go to GameStop?At least you got one thing correct: you did fuck yourself in ass by upgrading the CPU.PC gaming: where you can get an entire PC-lab(in school) of people to play HALO or CS at same time.

No I order off Amazon and Ebay, gamestop don't exist here.

Some of us, like several people mentioned above, use our pcs for more than just gaming. Way more. Its an invaluable tool to me, personally. I take several online classes that allow me to maintain a day job whilst furthering my career. When I was due for an upgrade, It was plain as day that the performance I was looking for was nearly parallel to the specs of a reasonable gaming rig. There's no need to spend 1000's of dollars to build a gaming system. I built mine for about $600 US.

Still have work to do.

Still love gaming.

BTW - you should be "into" something because YOU are "into" something.....never because other people are into it.