OS X, iOS and Linux have more vulnerabilities than Windows

Afsal

This is what happens when you put Tim Cook in charge

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

Unix is naturally more secure. But it's also open source code. The reason less viruses are written for linux is that it isn't worth the coder's time to write for a smaller cross section of the community.

But most web servers in the world run on Linux... that's a huge target. We should see much more attacks if it was vulnerable.

If you can add, Windows OS has more than Mac OSX. Since OS X is TEN versions. So Which OS X do they refer to? Ditto with iOS. 

Shitty statistical table is shitty. 

Well the latest iOS has a higher crash rate than Android 5.0.1/2. I think they took the statistics from the latest versions.

Reality kicked in many many years ago. Anyone who has followed security news for the last decade or so will tell you that yes, OS X is really bad when it comes to security. I doubt this will shatter the reality distortion field though.

The problem with that logic is that you assume the 3rd party software for OS X are more secure than the 3rd party software for Windows, and you also (wrongly) assume that Apple's first party software is more secure. In reality, things like iTunes and QuickTime has more holes than a cheese grater.

I agree, a few years back there was a virus (can't remember the name) that was a huge exploit but everything was hush hush and only a few tech news sites wrote about it for OS X. But most users still think that Android sucks and that it runs bad because it ran bad on 2.3. That iOS still is the best performer and runs smooth across all devices (not true for older devices) and that Windows phones still sucks (which it doesn't). People are not up to date and cling onto old news. And we all know technology advances much faster from year to year and device quality from a certain manufacturer could vary depending on the series. :)

What version of OSX and what Linux kernel? They are being VERY vague

Unix is naturally more secure than Windows. I've used several Linux distros for years and haven't run into a single virus, while I've ran into a few on Windows. I can't speak for OS X, but I imagine it's the same due to the structure of Unix.

Based on personal experience, I don't think this is true, or perhaps something has changed the last few years. MOAR DATA PLS (OR BETTER YET, BETTER DATA)

I read the source and the main Linux vulnerabailities they listed were Heartbleed and Shell Shock. Heartbleed was in OpenSSL, which has nothing to do with Linux. Shell Shock was in bash, and while it is the most common UNIX shell, it's not part of the Linux kernel.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

What version of OSX and what Linux kernel? They are being VERY vague

Unix is naturally more secure than Windows. I've used several Linux distros for years and haven't run into a single virus, while I've ran into a few on Windows. I can't speak for OS X, but I imagine it's the same due to the structure of Unix.

Based on personal experience, I don't think this is true, or perhaps something has changed the last few years. MOAR DATA PLS (OR BETTER YET, BETTER DATA)

something to me feels like microshit paid for this to play into their favor. that said, i think a lot of these vulnerabilities (especially from apple) are simply due to rushed coding practices

Why would anyone have Linux to begin with? Enterprise gear running it I get, but why on earth would you go after consumer grade Linux users?

What's next, you gonna rob only banks with a Z in their name?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I read the source and the main Linux vulnerabailities they listed were Heartbleed and Shell Shock. Heartbleed was in OpenSSL, which has nothing to do with Linux. Shell Shock was in bash, and while it is the most common UNIX shell, it's not part of the Linux kernel.

Both of which were fixed on the day they became widely known. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2