Eidos + AMD to show off TressFX 3.0 in new Deus Ex engine

GDC is almost here.

What better way to kick it off, than with next generation OpenGL, some new game announcements, and DEUS EX?

Eidos will be showcasing their new Dawn engine, which will drive the new Deus Ex game, in the Deus Ex Universe, together with AMD; showcasing the new TressFX 3.0, and how it will be incorporated into the new Deus Ex game.

The description for the conference panel says that “engineers from Eidos and AMD detail the TressFX 3.0 solution used in Dawn Engine which will be the cornerstone to the development of the Deus Ex Universe projects at the studio.” The presentation will touch on scaling the tech and game from high end PCs to gaming consoles and “focus on game requirements such as artistic control and animation support.”

https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/568459997530578944

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/02/10/deus-ex-universe-to-show-at-gdc-alongside-amd-tressfx/

Deus-Ex-Universe.jpg

More info about the Deus Ex Universe concept:

http://community.eidosmontreal.com/blogs/future-vision-for-deus-ex?theme=deusex

The concept behind Deus Ex: Universe is to create an ongoing, expanding and connected game world built across a generation of core games. It’s a commitment on our part to deliver meaningful content that expands the franchise on a regular basis and to deliver a deep conspiracy that will span several connected Deus Ex games, creating a more immersive and richer experience than ever before. Deus Ex: Universe will include PC and console games, but also additional Deus Ex games and experiences available in other media such as tablets, smartphones, books, graphic novels, etc... You might have seen the name pop up recently in the press – well this is what it’s all about.

This one is one of my most anticipated games, up there with CD Project Reds Cyberpunk 2077 and The Division. Cyberpunk is my favorite genre, especially in anime, with titles like Ghost in the shell, Akira, and psychopass. Movies like Blade Runner and the Matrix, is also on my all time favorite list.

I've just finished 100% achievements in Deus Ex Human Revolution Director's cut (and the missing link too), and I am SO ready for a new Deus Ex game.

I can only hope for a 2015 release date, but I kinda doubt it. So I hope for some nice eyecandy and info on the game at GDC.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I'm mostly stoked about "Dues Ex Universe". First time I'm hearing about this.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Where TressFX2.0?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Oh.. That game.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I'll take TressFX over Nvidia Sabotageworks any day.

Well at least we now know they are making a new DX for PC.

Ya TressFX has been great so far.......................

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Never had a need to turn any of it off. I get great performance in all current games.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

This really won't be the main focus of GDC as long as the Bethesda and valve rumors are true

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

This really won't be the main focus of GDC as long as the Bethesda and valve rumors are true

One of the biggest focal points of GDC this year I think will be VR.

GDC is really shaping up to be great this year from a technical perspective.

Is Linus going? Could score some great interviews. Dice, valve, Occulus, EA, AMD, NVIDIA will all be there. Lots of interesting stuff on VR and openGL also happening.

Deus Ex universe sounds like an MMO. But they say it spans multiple games? Curious.

I hear it's a pretty good rpg, never played it myself though. Maybe the next seasonal steam sale I'll get the newest one.

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

I'll take TressFX over Nvidia Sabotageworks any day.

Well at least we now know they are making a new DX for PC.

Well at least you can turn it off. You can't turn the crap performance off in Sabotageworks titles, even for Nvidia users.

Please.

GameWorks does not cripple performance for anyone. You're basing this shit off of Ubisoft's lackluster ports. The performance has been bad for everyone because of how shitty the ports were made - has nothing to do with GameWorks.

I hear it's a pretty good rpg, never played it myself though. Maybe the next seasonal steam sale I'll get the newest one.

Deus Ex Human Revolution is on the Square Enix Humble Bundle if you wanted it.

https://www.humblebundle.com/?gallery&utm_source=Humble+Bundle+Newsletter&utm_campaign=0f2a38847f-Humble_Square_Enix_Bundle_2_MPA&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_990b1b6399-0f2a38847f-98060829

Also comes with a few other decent games.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

TressFX is awesome, and one of many good things that AMD have brought to market. Well done, AMD, well done.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Sweet, thanks man, might be getting Thief and Murdered as well

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

Let's hope for the best. I'm sure it's one of the best games I will ever play. Besides that I have Human Revolution, DLC and DC^^
I really like Cyberpunk games. First one I played was Beyond Good & Evil. I would count that Game.

But the best thing on Deus Ex Human Revolution is that everything has consequences in some way.
Like Dishonored.

9 of 10 voices in my mind say I'm crazy. The tenth hums the melody of Tetris.

After Deus Ex: The Fall and Thief, I'm a probably not as hyped as I normally would be for a Deus Ex sequel. But hey, new game engines are always interesting. Hopefully Eidos Montreal does a better job this time...

I just bought myself an R9 290. And I adore Deus Ex. Can't wait to see more details about this :)

Let's hope for the best. I'm sure it's one of the best games I will ever play. Besides that I have Human Revolution, DLC and DC^^

I really like Cyberpunk games. First one I played was Beyond Good & Evil. I would count that Game.

But the best thing on Deus Ex Human Revolution is that everything has consequences in some way.

Like Dishonored.

Dishonored is another one I hear is good. Tomorrow (payday) I'm splurging:P

All in a Semi Truck!:

Cool, love cyberpunk games. Looking forward to new engine also.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

so is tressfx 3.0 still focusing just on hair physics or have they expanded to other simulations? (particle, cloth, etc.)

Please.

GameWorks does not cripple performance for anyone. You're basing this shit off of Ubisoft's lackluster ports. The performance has been bad for everyone because of how shitty the ports were made - has nothing to do with GameWorks.

performance for amd cards was significantly worse by like 15-25 fps