any weird foods that you guys have in your country?

Joshua Ondangan

was browsing around about weird foods although I've eaten a fare share but some of these I haven't even seen on my country at least to places I've been

http://www.filipiknow.net/bizarre-filipino-foods/

on this one stuff I've eaten were no.7 balut  (some guy always go around near night time selling these) and I remember going to a place where they eat those white worm thingy on trees I've eaten some and were actually pretty good but also pretty disgusting looking. also tried frogs, some spider which I don't know what kind.

I've seen people who eat ants and cockroaches (fried) but never tried them. oh and some snail with spiral looking shell tagalog was not my first language so when I was in a birthday party they just told me to suck on the shell and stuff well I did puke afterward when they said something about snail.

how about some people here share some weird food or delicacy they have seen or tasted :)

Edit: I'm actually fond of going around to different places to taste different delicacy so I'm actually interested as what kind of delicacy other tech guys around here are fond of :)

Live your life like a dream.

I have never had chicken and waffles, but to me that combination seems weird. It was rather popular in the south when I was in NC for a few days, maybe I should give it a try.

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Well, I'm from Germany, so I love bratwurst, keilbasa and sauerkraut, and landjagers

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Poutine.....best thing ever!!

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

A country built on immigration, so all of  the world's "weird" food has found it's way here.

I absolutely love it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

Well, I'm from Germany, so I love bratwurst, keilbasa and sauerkraut, and landjagers

I'm actually interested in this

Landjäger

Sauerkraut

one google showed me looks really delicious

Live your life like a dream.

Well in america we eat steak for breakfast.

It's not that wierd of a food, but afaik we're the only country who does that

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I can't think of anything you pretty much said it "balut" LOL 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   | 

Here in Louisiana, USA we have a lot of unique dishes thanks to the "Cajun" Culture here.

#1 i believe is Crayfish (Crawfish to people here). its a small crustacean that lives in marsh, swamp, "Bayou" generally very wet places which we have a lot of here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crayfishthey are generally boiled with lots of seasoning and the tails are what is eaten. Takes a lot to feed one person ~5 lbs usually

#2 is Boudin, which is a type of sausage that is usually filled with a rice dressing (rice, meat, spices, peppers) its also found in other cultures but I find those less appealing as its actually really, really good here at most places http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boudin

#3 Cracklins. This is a dish consisting of Pig skin/fat deep fried and then heavily seasoned. Im not going to lie they are very good but they are EXTREMELY bad for you. (cant find a wiki page for this!!!) It is kind of like a pork rind, but worse.

#4 Gumbo is popular here, But I dont think its a unique dish. Ive heard of people eating it as far as New York. If you dont know what it is, its basically a very rich stew that is served more like a soup. Contains rice, some kind of meat, seasoning (We use a LOT of seasoning here as u can tell). The liquid is called a "roux" its very, very thick and is of a dark color.

#5 Pig's Feet are somewhat popular here as well. I cant bring myself to eat it. The name of it is what you think it is.

Theres more... I cant remember off the top of my head at them moment. but thats enough for a quick food tour of Louisiana. Most of our Tourism is probably from the food, and most people enjoy the food as its always flavorful here. Very large array of "tastes," so many different ways to have the same dish its impossible to pick a favorite.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

if I come across fresh eggs there is nothing I love better than cracking it raw over rice and a small hit of soy sauce.

but more from my region I guess the only thing I can think of is prairie oysters. I've tried it.... not a fan

always love it seeing Americans eating Vegemite for the first time

Its all about those volumetric clouds

always love it seeing Americans eating Vegemite for the first time

One better, was watching a French guy eat it, cutting the toast with vegemite  into "fingers" and then dipping them in his tea.

As a true blue Aussie, I love my vegemite but THAT was disgusting...

----

As for another iconic Aussie food, you can not go past the Chiko Roll.    :D

Kinder eggs. #PrettyMuchEveryWhereButMerica

I have them all the time, lol. I get them from my local polish store, they import all goods from Europe.

Edit: oh wtf, are they illegal in the US? or is what im seeing just a lie from google. im pretty sure its a lie. as long as its sold by its a europe/russia store then its legal

Other then that we have a place called mcdonalds. They serve fake dead cow, fake dead chicken, oh and even fake dead potato.

Intel i5-6600k (Cooled by a 212 evo) - Asus Z170-A - Asus Dual OC GTX 1060 - NZXT S340 - WD 1TB (Getting SSD this month, hopefully) - 8GB DDR4-2400

LG G4 - Asus Zenwatch 2

I absolutely love it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_pudding

I'm lucky, I'm in the US but we have this Scottish/English pub place in my town that I can walk to, and they serve an amazing "British Breakfast" of black pudding, fried tomatoes, eggs, toast, sausages, etc.  I can never finish it, and I freakin' love black pudding.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

How about some beef brain tacos:

That actually looks delicious! I've never thought of putting raw radish on tacos, but the little bit of "spice" and texture seems like a perfect fit for a soft tortilla. Hmm, I might have to make some tacos tonight (minus the brains :lol: ).

This.  'Murica FTW.

photo-2-5e89e4e7fdf65d21f2ea10ce40b71f87

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

I have them all the time, lol. I get them from my local polish store, they import all goods from Europe.

Edit: oh wtf, are they illegal in the US? or is what im seeing just a lie from google. im pretty sure its a lie. as long as its sold by its a europe/russia store then its legal

Other then that we have a place called mcdonalds. They serve fake dead cow, fake dead chicken, oh and even fake dead potato.

Canada has that too, haha

And yes, they are illegal in the States.