What do your parents think of your PC?

vt3c

Is k12 like online homeschool or something.  The only k12 I've known is k-12 as in the years of school before college/grad

That's what it is. Kindergarten - 12th Grade. (Before College.) It's Online Classes similar to Online Colleges. 

Is k12 like online homeschool or something?  The only k12 I've known is k-12 as in the years of school before college/grad

K12 is like, school on the internet, there's even a P.E. course.

I NEVER HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE. ITS SO GREAT.

That's what it is. Kindergarten - 12th Grade. (Before College.) It's Online Classes similar to Online Colleges. 

Ah, so just school but online.  I see...

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Ah, so just school but online.  I see...

Mhm! Becoming socially inept has never been easier! 

(I am taking Online Classes because I live on a farm. My social life is fucked anyways.)

my mom thinks its really cool that i can build computers and remember random parts off the top fo ym head, and is super supportive of my descision to go with this path in life.

we're actually like really good friends that keep trying to murder eachother and the next minutes argueing over religion and shit, but at the end of the day we both hug it out and eat fast food.

my dad doesnt give two shits about anything but nascar and sleep.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

(I am taking Online Classes because I live on a farm. My social life is fucked anyways.)

*scoots over and hugs*

i know the feel.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

well that's either a good thing or a bad thing but either way I got myself to talk to and my siblings to fight with
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Befriend your chickens?

Actually I have no idea what your farm is like.  At least you have LTT.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

My parents were just surprised to find out how much I spent on mine. They know I'm the tech guru in the family, and whenever they need help they always call me, and I always come by and fix whatever it is.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Mine used to get on my butt for being on it too much but now they dont really care. My folks will let me sink $600 into a GTX 980 without caring but will do all they can to prevent me from buying a new $60 stock for my AR.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Mine used to get on my butt for being on it too much but now they dont really care. My folks will let me sink $600 into a GTX 980 without caring but will do all they can to prevent me from buying a new $60 stock for my AR.

You're the only real gun enthusiast in the family?

They are impressed. Building a computer by yourself is basically rocket science to them. They also have no complaints about how I spend my funds, as they don't consider it any of their business.

Current System: Corsair Graphite 760T White/ Asus X99-S / Intel Core i7 5820K / Corsair H100i GTX / EVGA Titan X SuperClocked / HyperX Fury 4x8GB 2666mhz DDR4/ Corsair AX1500i / Intel 750 PCIe SSD 400gb / Samsung Evo 840 500gb / WD Green 4TB x2 / WD Green 3TB /  OCZ Agility 3 120gb

Befreind your chickens?

Actually I have no idea what your farm is like.  At least you have LTT.

We have about two-dozen chickens, four horses, two calves, a dozen barn cats, and a heifer. (A cow before she has her first calf.) 16 acres of property. Here's a picture of a recent sunset on my driveway between my barn and house:

http://i.imgur.com/G6ZRnvw.jpg

We have about two-dozen chickens, four horses, two calves, a dozen barn cats, and a heifer. (A cow before she has her first calf.) 16 acres of property. Here's a picture of a recent sunset on my driveway between my barn and house:

http://i.imgur.com/G6ZRnvw.jpg

Oh wow, that's really nice.  I always wanted chickens.

Oh wow, that's really nice.  I always wanted chickens.

Back in our peak days, we were getting about 36 dozen eggs per day. This was in Summer of 2012. 

Sorry for jacking your thread, OP. :c

i tried k12.

i tried about four other programs.

finally, a personal math turo (he's hot.....)

and another personal math tutor (just a close friend. :D we talk about how hot my other tutor is x'D ) 

and chemistry and geography every monday at a private school is what works the best for me. 

What private school? Since, yknow, we are both in portland and stuff. (Or you can tell me to go away...that's fine too). 

My parents? They never cared really. I purchased all the parts myself for all my computers, and they held a very strong "if you want something, you earn it and get it".And then when you did that, they let you do your thing.

And now I rent the upstairs of our house from them until my Fiance is done with college and we get married/get a house all that stuff. So, they still dont care. Free tech support and all.  

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

They scapegoat it for FUCKING EVERYTHING.  "Oh, you got a B- in ART?  It must be that computer, you spend too much time on it and not on your schoolwork!"

a)I literally NEVER go on it except friday evenings and weekends

b)I can't draw.

EDIT:  BTW after that ordeal they actually ended up taking it away, the fucktards.  I took the gpu out so they wouldn't fuck up my pride and joy though.

If you're a techie, and you're young, and you've never heard this, you had no childhood. Nearly every techie kid always gets this sort of complaint.

Did you buy it or did they help cover it?

Well, it was sort of my cousin's system he decided to give. But I put the Q6600 and 610 in it, as well as a 2tb drive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

What private school? Since, yknow, we are both in portland and stuff. (Or you can tell me to go away...that's fine too). 

My parents? They never cared really. I purchased all the parts myself for all my computers, and they held a very strong "if you want something, you earn it and get it".And then when you did that, they let you do your thing.

And now I rent the upstairs of our house from them until my Fiance is done with college and we get married/get a house all that stuff. So, they still dont care. Free tech support and all.  

its really private.

im 1 one 46 students. 

xD 

sweet. B)

-Jim Hensen

If you're a techie, and you're young, and you've never heard this, you had no childhood. Nearly every techie kid always gets this sort of complaint.

I never got that.

But then again I was homeschooled. So, they knew exactly what I was doing and how well, and didn't just blame problems on anything they felt like. Plus, easier for them to make sure I did my school before play, since, yknow, my house was my school :P. But at the same time, they recognised I was a techy, and didn't try to stop me from pursuing my interests. 

Okay, I admit, drilling holes in the side of the house for Coaxial cable for my Ham radio didn't go over well, but most everything else....

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

My father is still living in the era of the pentium 3. He still brags about the pentium 3 being the fastest on the market, and nothing will be as good or as powerful as the Pentium 3 ever again. He also believes that you don't need a powerful graphics card unless you're doing 3D, and "3D acceleration is so resource intensive that hardly any computers can handle it."

6319_02_intel_core_i7_4790_haswell_refre

NVIDIA_GeForce_GTX_980_3Qtr.pngRiiiiiight.....

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

You're the only real gun enthusiast in the family?

Nah, my family loves guns but my mother sees them as a money pit, especially when we go shooting on the weekends and blow $500 worth of ammo in a few hours.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Too much time on it and too big (full tower)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

You should let him know that 3D is soo 2011. And that P3 is soo 2001.

Who cares about 3D when you have 4D?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

"Why do I need so much powah?"

They question my need to purchase a new hard drive evey year... or to add a dedicated graphics card a few months into its lifespan... or to get a new pair of headphones every now and there...