What do your parents think of your PC?

vt3c

Ah, parents. Sometimes they understand, sometimes they can't help but hate the shiny new radio you've acquired. 

What do your parents think of your beast PCs? 

My father thinks that dual monitors are the most useless thing to ever come across the youth of today. He thinks they're unnecessary, and do absolutely nothing. 

(The fact I'm in a skype call with people who are all editing a google document, typing on one screen and calling on the other, means nothing)

And yet, he hasn't seen my friend's gaming rig with a total of 5 monitors....

Well? What do they think?

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

my parents love mine, for the fact that i was able to do it all by myself (lol they think thats impressive)

they hate it, because i never want to turn away from it :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They like how awesome it looks, and how much time and effort I put into this expensive work of art.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

When I told my mom I was going to build a computer she thought I was talking about changing my major. My dad thinks I wasted 1500 bucks. Although he thinks that the heat it produces is going to reduce the heating costs during the winter.

Come to think of it, my family is pretty depressing.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

Overkill, a waste of money, and "a waste of a lot of great talent"

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

my parents love mine, for the fact that i was able to do it all by myself (lol they think thats impressive)

they hate it, because i never want to turn away from it :P

My mom loves it because whenever she needs me to research something, I have several sources open at once. She also finds it cool how I can put netflix or a livestream on one screen and still do things on the other. 

I've pretty much began teaching her about them recently.

Eric S. Raymond used an E6600 from 2005 until 12/30/14 or open source software creation. Raw data computations in excess of 18GB each. Core 2 Duos still have tons of life left, my friend.

"What's that? Your drive is dead? Alright, fine, here's $60 to get a new WD Blue. Now stay in your room glued to your screen as you seem to stay out of trouble that way." -Mom.

They scapegoat it for FUCKING EVERYTHING.  "Oh, you got a B- in ART?  It must be that computer, you spend too much time on it and not on your schoolwork!"

a)I literally NEVER go on it except friday evenings and weekends

b)I can't draw.

EDIT:  BTW after that ordeal they actually ended up taking it away, the fucktards.  I took the gpu out so they wouldn't fuck up my pride and joy though.

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

They scapegoat it for FUCKING EVERYTHING.  "Oh, you got a B- in ART?  It must be that computer, you spend too much time on it and not on your schoolwork!"

b)I can't draw.

I get it easy because I'm in 'internet school'. K12 FTW.

b)I can't draw.

EDIT:  BTW after that ordeal they actually ended up taking it away, the fucktards.  I took the gpu out so they wouldn't fuck up my pride and joy though.

^ LOL THIS 

The BBQ: i7-4770 / 212x / Tri-X R9 290x 1075/1400 / MSI H87-G43 GAMING / EVGA G2 850W / Corsair Spec 03 / Samsung 840 EVO 250gb SSD / Toshiba 2TB HDD / 8gb Kingston DDR3 1600mhz

Peripherals: G710+ / G502 / Bose Companion 2 Series III / Audio Technica ATH-M40x / Sound Magic E50

Monitors: Dell U2414H 

Not sure what they think of it, probably impressed that I built it myself and such, though I've also got plenty of computer certifications too.. (Built it before getting em)

Though I'd guess they also think I spend too much time on it, even though they are on their computers around the same amount if not more than I am...

I just need to get a way of locking it down to my desk, that way they can't take it even if they wanted to, and I've got plenty of replacement cables and such in case they decide to take the power cable, or if they took my monitor I can just use teamviewer from my tablet to use that as a temp monitor lol

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

They wanna throw it in the garbage.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

b)I can't draw.

OMFG THESE RIGHT HERE ARE THE WORDS OF WISDOM, THE TRUTH AND ONLY THE TRUTH

no but for real, that first line, literally puts my first year of high school into perspective, to them "its always that damn computer"

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

They wanna throw it in the garbage.

Did you buy it or did they help cover it?

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

I get it easy because I'm in 'internet school'. K12 FTW.

I'm also in k12
Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

Your parents are ASSHOLES.

I'm also in k12

Is k12 like online homeschool or something?  The only k12 I've known is k-12 as in the years of school before college/grad

My dad doesn't understand why they had to spend $800 on my youngest brother's PC, if they can "buy one off the shelf for $600." My mom understands the importance of good strong hardware. If I need some financial help, she's hesitant but she knows enough to understand an explanation. "My old Seagate driving is clicking and grinding. It's six years old and has all of my games on it. I need it replaced." She understood and helped me out. My mom can even build PCs herself now, and plans to. :)

My dad has a Galaxy S4, yet he hates technology. Not that he's a hypocrite, I just wish he'd try to appreciate it more. You should have seen his face when he learned how to work his GPS. It made getting to new jobsites a tonne easier for him. (He works Construction.)

Your parents are ASSHOLES.

I really do love and respect them, it's just they can be such dicks sometimes(more often than not)

I'm also in k12

i tried k12.

i tried about four other programs.

finally, a personal math turo (he's hot.....)

and another personal math tutor (just a close friend. :D we talk about how hot my other tutor is x'D ) 

and chemistry and geography every monday at a private school is what works the best for me. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

b)I can't draw.

Lol you get a STD your parents " It must be the damn computer giving you a disease "

An Asteroid comes crashing towards earth " Must be your damn computer giving away GPS signals towards earth. "

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT