What do your parents think of your PC?

vt3c

"Why do I need so much powah?"

They question my need to purchase a new hard drive evey year... or to add a dedicated graphics card a few months into its lifespan... or to get a new pair of headphones every now and there...

Why do you get a new HDD every year?

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

They question my need to purchase a new hard drive evey year... or to add a dedicated graphics card a few months into its lifespan... or to get a new pair of headphones every now and there...

Or question why i can use only 4GB. LOOK AT THE FUCKING TASK MANAGER DO YOU NOT SEE 99 FUCKING PERCENT USAGE?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My mom do think its expensive, but she is mildly nerdy so she gets it.

My dad is just a fountain of positivity. He loves everything.

And im 30, so they haven't cared for 12 years of so.

Edit: I actually do remember how it was being young. And I might be biased by having parents who respond to logic, and intelligent arguments, but they pretty quickly realised that pcs were my way of reliving stress.

I convinced them by having adult conversations with them.

But I do realize that most parents aren't like that.

I will say that I always paid for my own shit btw.

well, you probably don't strickly "need" a new hard drive every year....to be fair:P

But im against deleting stuff too

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Waste of money.

my parents love mine, for the fact that i was able to do it all by myself (lol they think thats impressive)

they hate it, because i never want to turn away from it :P

"you spend too much time on it"

Overkill, a waste of money, and "a waste of a lot of great talent"

Why would they have an opinion about my computer? It's my computer not theirs. They're just thankful that I'll help them out when they need help.

They wanna throw it in the garbage.

This.

My mom blames everything on my pc and linus

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I don't know. Never asked them.

Why would they care what I buy? They might be upset if they knew about my drinking problem but they wouldn't care about my PC problem. 

Dad - "It's got more fans than a hovercraft"

Also apparently I'm not supposed to drop more money on it... yeah like that's going to happen

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

They scapegoat it for FUCKING EVERYTHING. "Oh, you got a B- in ART? It must be that computer, you spend too much time on it and not on your schoolwork!"

a)I literally NEVER go on it except friday evenings and weekends

b)I can't draw.

EDIT: BTW after that ordeal they actually ended up taking it away, the fucktards. I took the gpu out so they wouldn't fuck up my pride and joy though.

Lol, that is so much like my parents, they did like the idea of me building a computer, using it however, not so much...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

My Mom thinks that my NZXT Phantom is ridiculously huge and that my water cooling system requires too much maintenance for being a computer. Its funny because my Dad is the complete opposite and thinks that the water cooling is cool(get it? Dad jokes lol) and thinks my case is “an art”. The great thing is that they don't mind me building computers, and they actually encourage my interests(except that my mom doesn't like me working on cars, lol). Maybe I can get @QuadCore to contribute, because his previous system used Delta fans lol(spoiler: Mom was pissed)

They actually fairly cool about it. It helps the fact that my dad can pretty much put together a PC on his own provided I give him matching parts and instruction booklets (he even fixed stuff I gave up on cause he's a lot more patient than me) and their fairly often comment on how they want me to have a fairly good PC since I spend most of my free time on it, they kinda get that it's more than a tool for more

-------

Current Rig

-------

they think its very quiet but i can still hear the pump so needs to be quieter lol 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

They dont mind it, they are surprised that i have gone against the overall industry trend of making everything smaller and just build a full tower. Both my parents would also love to have the thing because it is currently the most powerful PC in the house. And mum is jealous of my triple screens because she only has 2.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

My mum likes it, but she thinks that having two monitors is stupid. 

No, mum! You just don't understand! 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I actually visited my parents to build the PC.

My stepfather helped me put it together, all while marveling at the small motherboard (he'd never seen m-ITX before) and how much stuff I could fit into the BitFenix Prodigy, which while not a small m-ITX case, blew his mind.

Then when I overclocked it to 4.8Ghz he briefly contemplated upgrading his own computer lol.

My mother is happy that it's small and portable, because whenever I visit to play with my brother, she doesn't have to wait for me to make 3 trips back and forth to the house to get everything, 1 is enough.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

They don't mind my computer as it lives under my bed out the way but they complain I have too many Desktops and motherboards (5 desktops and about 6 motherboards). And my test bench cooling system can be heard from outside.