Neil Young's $400 Pono hi-def music player loses to Apple's iPhone in blind audio test

You didn't quote the best bit of that article: ^^

And some audiophiles, like Young, may swear by the PonoPlayer, including a Pono owner who was part of Pogue's blind test. That person actually preferred the sound of the iPhone when comparing the two side by side, but later argued that the iPhone could not deliver the "emotion" of the sound from the Pono.

"Emotion of the sound"

Thats...thats actually incredible.

Probably true. Must be pretty emotional when listening and realizing how much money he had been throwing away.

I really don't think that qualifies as losing, since enough people chose pono player for it to be just as likely random guess.

That said I really think it's a stupid device that no one should pay for.

random guess or not, it's still a fail. Since Pono produces no discernable difference, eventhough it was to be a superior audio device with superior audio files, that is why it's a loss.

So the users who actually believed Neil Young on his presentation and promise and pledged towards it believing it would be better are morons because HE failed to deliver a product that is actually better?

Man... you're an ass. 

No, because the funders honestly thought that they would be able to hear a difference between a 44.1kz cd-quality file and a 192khz studio-recording file. Which is technically impossible. Any claim otherwise is pure snake oil. OP's analogy with color space is dead-accurate.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

So the users who actually believed Neil Young on his presentation and promise and pledged towards it believing it would be better are morons because HE failed to deliver a product that is actually better?

Man... you're an ass. 

Skepticism can save your ass one day, never accept claims just because lol.

A lot of people can smell the BS from kilometers away, specially if you talk about audio stuff, as you can see with Sony's "Premium SD card" lol.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

Whoever funded that device is a moron.

I don't know how anyone could look at it and think it would do good...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Man... you're an ass. 

In this day and age you should never believe anyones claims before you have the finished product in your hands, you preorder monkey. Never give your money to people asking for it in advance.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come