Should nvidia refund 970 users? [Straw poll]

marldorthegreat

they lied, plain and simple. The 970 is still a great card but I think they should give users the option of a full refund.

I don't think they need to give people money back, I can say this as someone who bought a 970 pretty close to launch. I would like to see them do something as a gesture though, maybe a free game or something.

nope, i can understand why it happened, but for the people who generally buy them, it won't make any difference.

BUT!: they should change the packaging and advertisement, and be honest about what happened so new buyers know what's going on(even if it makes the card less attractive (IYKWIM :P ))

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

wait you've got the point wrong. nvidia never lied about the ram or #ramgate. it still has 4gb ram so there's no comeback on that.

they "lied" about the specs specifically the number of Rops. and in their defence it wasn't a direct lie, the specs given to retailers and tester where the part that was wrong.

Now I'm not being a fan boy as I'm not and I think they did wrong either way.

but common how many people here bought a 970 because of its Rop count...? nobody everyone bought it because if how well it benchmarked! so everyone who's moaning has still got the card they bought based on review samples.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

They should. Not a full refund, but a part of it.

If the card costs 400, they should refund 50. So that you "paid" 350.

Get it? :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

No questions asked refund on return. Maybe some sorta compensation, whether it's a game or money back for those that already bought it but still want to keep it.

Not really, I'm not defending them, but the actual value of the card barely changed at all. Even if a partial refund was in order it would be a matter of a few bucks, a bit like the pentium 4 thing, and it would take years to get them; not worth it. If the card didn't perform well enough for you when you bought it, you had a few days to return it for a full refund. If you kept the card you obviously didn't notice anything that would affect your experience and were content with what you got for that money. And as I said once before, NOBODY buys a graphics card based on the number of ROPs. They are at curiosity level. The only things that sell graphics cards are benchmarks, and those are unaffected by how many rops they said they had.

And don't bring in the "it's not as future proof as we believed" argument; nothing is "future proof", period. If you bought a graphics card with that mindset the fault is only on you.

If you didn't like what they did and feel they should be punished for it, vote with your wallet. Buy an AMD card next time. But don't think AMD never lies or never does anything slightly shady.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I think the only refund given is if you return. Also make it hassel free at that. They shouldn't have to give grievance money for a product that still works well. Most people will not even notice the difference the partitioning makes.

My thought is if you wish to upgrade, due to wanting the full 4, that they allow you to upgrade and they just cover the shipping. Don't need a discount, just cover me the logistics cost of replacing it. People expecting a free 980 because they hear that they've been lied to on reddit is ridiculous.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

They should. Not a full refund, but a part of it.

If the card costs 400, they should refund 50. So that you "paid" 350.

Get it? :lol:

That's not so easy, how would you calculate the value a faster 0.5gb of vram would have had? It would be less than 1/8th of the price, for sure. First of all because the vram is still there, and secondly because vram isn't the whole graphics card. In fact, it's arguably a very small portion.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That's not so easy, how would you calculate the value a faster 0.5gb of vram would have had? It would be less than 1/8th of the price, for sure. First of all because the vram is still there, and secondly because vram isn't the whole graphics card. In fact, it's arguably a very small portion.

I know. I am just saying :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

They should advertise the 970 as a 3.5gb + 0.5gb. ggez :B

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Why are people still going on about this lol?

Lemons can sometimes leave a bad taste in your mouth. :)

I'd never have bought this card had I known of it's 'issues'. Perceived, or otherwise. However, I'm stuck with it now. Having said all that, it does a good job for my 'current needs'.

Had I known of the ramgate concern, I'd probably have held out and got a 980. Like many owners, I was mislead. Plain and simple.