Australian ISPs forced to hand over personal details of 'pirates' to movie studios. $25 fee imposed on pirates after three warnings.

PerfectTemplar
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Locked - you can choose to repost this if you wish however you must change the title as it is factually incorrect. The government are not forcing anything, this is a draft of an industry code of practice unveiled by the Telco Group Communications Alliance

As of September 1, Australian internet service providers will be forced to send warning notices to alleged movie pirates, under a draft Copyright Notice Scheme industry code unveiled today. Get caught three times in 12 months and rights holders can "facilitate an expedited preliminary discovery process" – in other words ask your ISP to hand over your details – bypassing a drawn-out court case like the current battle between Australian ISP iiNet and the backers of Academy Award-winning film Dallas Buyers Club.
3.12.8 An ISP must act reasonably to facilitate and assist an application by a Rights Holders for Preliminary Discovery to the extent that such orders are sought:
(a) following Rights Holders and ISPs observing the procedures prescribed by this Code in relation to an Account Holder whose IP address was included on a Final Notice List provided by that Account Holder's ISP to a relevant Rights Holder;
( B) in relation to the identity and address (if available to that ISP) contact details of that Account Holder; and
© for provision of copies of Notices sent to that Account Holder that were the subject of the Final Notice List.

Fee is to be $25 upon being warned three times for piracy.

If an account holder is issued an Education, Warning and Final notice all within 12 months their ISP will, on the request of a rights holder, "facilitate an expedited preliminary discovery process". In other words, after three strikes in a year your ISP will be expected to hand over your contact details without a fight. The draft doesn't spell out exactly on what grounds the ISP can appeal, but an appeal is only likely to succeed if the rights holder hasn't followed the rules.

Account holders can challenge notices, with a $25 fee, and the challenge will be handled by an Adjudication Panel. The $25 fee is refunded if the challenge is successful.

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/computers/gadgets-on-the-go/isps-to-dob-in-movie-pirates-under-proposed-threestrikes-rule-20150220-13kc2c.html

People voted for this government so I guess that's what we get.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

WTF? This government is seriously retarded. 

STRAY...

Oh fuck it, I'm moving to Canada. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Australia should move out of the stone age for country wide internet first before worrying about movies Aussies lack the bandwidth/data cap to download in the first place.

STRAY...

Hahaha. ISPs here charge you for pirating. 

"Lawsuits could seek up to $5,000 for downloading copyrighted material for personal use,"

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Hahaha. ISPs here charge you for pirating. 

"Lawsuits could seek up to $5,000 for downloading copyrighted material for personal use,"

I don't pirate anyways, I just want to be rid of this country, seriously who the fk wants this guy as their Prime Minister/President?

056997-tony-abbott.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Thank god where I live. Box Boxington where all the wifi is in boxes and there are no boxes on data limits :D

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

STRAY...

Nah move to NZ :)

I don't pirate anyways, I just want to be rid of this country, seriously who the fk wants this guy as their Prime Minister/President?

056997-tony-abbott.jpg

Wow that looks like a very creepy person.

Any we has him as our Prime Minister :D...

D':

Oh well, turn on a VPN or whatever and go on

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

They are so dumb... People will just use Tor to pirate their stuff now...

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

This isn't being proposed by the government, it is a proposal from the communication alliance

So no, no one voted for this.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

This isn't being proposed by the government, it is a proposal from the communication alliance

So no, no one voted for this.

The government is arguably enforcing this and the communication alliance has caved underneath the pressure. Internet in Australia is a government regulated industry.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

056997-tony-abbott.jpg

Dickheads and people that like Dickheads

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

The government is enforcing this and the communication alliance has caved underneath the pressure.

Says the herald,  the government might have lent a public servant to go over it,  but essentially this is a proposal to the ACMA from the ISPs and rights holders.  It is not a government policy, although I probably should add yet.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Dickheads and people that like Dickheads

Which means there are a majority of Richard-heads in this country. 

YAHY :D

Which means there are a majority of Richard-heads in this country. 

YAHY :D

All i know that he takes it up the arse by this guy

photo.jpg

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Could be worse. he could be wearing speedo's (or budgie smuggler's as they're known here) Oh wait he did that already.

I honestly believe the Australian public will vote out the current government at the next election, between Joe Hockey's cruel budget attacking the weakest parts of society while giving as many breaks to big business/the wealthy as possible and Abbott being.... well.... himself i cant see them recovering from the massive backlash they're currently experiencing.

Locked - you can choose to repost this if you wish however you must change the title as it is factually incorrect. The government are not forcing anything, this is a draft of an industry code of practice unveiled by the Telco Group Communications Alliance