R9 290X Running Minecraft Badly (Sad Post :'( CRI CRI)

_JohnB330ci

Hey, this may seem sad to y'all but I enjoy modpacks on Minecraft because it allows me to think freely and come up with some pretty sick shit.

Anyway! I have a AMD R9 290X 4GB and on FTB Infinity Minecraft modpack I get really bad lag problems, and by bad I mean on lowest possible settings I get 30fps.... Any fixes? I can only find solutions for Nvidia GPU's, which I am planning to change to.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

What is the spec of the rest of your computer?

AMD FX 8350 Clocked at 4Ghz

16GB of 'high performance' Ram

R9 290X, that's all I can think is important.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

Man, everyone gets bad lag problems... I get 60 frames easily on my 6100 and 260x. :|

Did you set an FPS limit on accident?

Nope :) 

Do you have VSync on?

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Minecraft is very CPU-intensive game, keep that in mind. How does stock minecraft play for you? 

x

Wrong.

The GPU is least important in sandbox games.

8350 isn't the best for minecraft and you still haven't told us your ram speed.

You on the latest drivers? 

1 Patch behind.

xWrong.

We have learned (from Linus) that RAM speed does not mat-ter (unless its like 1066, which its not)

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Do you have VSync on?

No, I do if I have sufficient FPS to the point where I can lose that amount of FPS

Minecraft is very CPU-intensive game, keep that in mind. How does stock minecraft play for you? 

Stock Minecraft runs completely fine, I can max it out at about 130FPS but I lock it to 60FPS with VSYNC

xWrong.

I think it's like 1700Mhz Not 100% positive though

We have learned (from Linus) that RAM speed does not mat-ter (unless its like 1066, which its not)

I don't care what some guy on the internet says when people have proven that ram speed DOES matter in minecraft and I've even tested it myself.

I have run into this problem, especially on larger packs. Increase your maximum RAM limit. That helps

~Judah

I don't care what some guy on the internet says when people have proven that ram speed DOES matter in minecraft and I've even tested it myself.

Please don't argue.

I have run into this problem, especially on larger packs. Increase your maximum RAM limit. That helps

I set it to 8GB Initially then learned that it can cause FPS Issues so I set it down to 3GB which had no difference

Only 130 FPS on that rig? It's fishy something about that. Playing on 1080? Distance to max?

I would suggest to look at resources usage with task manager and gpuz, to see what's not

peeking at 90% or more load

Only 130 FPS on that rig? It's fishy something about that. Playing on 1080? Distance to max?

I would suggest to look at resources usage with task manager and gpuz, to see what's not

peeking at 90% or more load

Yeah 1920x1080 and Maxed.

Minecraft is SINGLE THREADED. The FX 8 series probably have the WORST single threaded performence on the market. No hate, just a point

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Minecraft is SINGLE THREADED. The FX 8 series probably have the WORST single threaded performence on the market

So I need a new CPU? ¬_¬

I got well over 120fps using 64 bit java on my 2500k with a GTX480.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I set it to 8GB Initially then learned that it can cause FPS Issues so I set it down to 3GB which had no difference

Set it back to 8Gb anyways. And how many chunks do you have loading (I dont know how its called ATM, not really playing MC ATM, but it is a slider on the video settings)

Minecraft is SINGLE THREADED. The FX 8 series probably have the WORST single threaded performence on the market

Just please. Dont start a flame war. I've had enough of those. Please.

So I need a new CPU? ¬_¬

Yeah, I got similar frames with my gtx 770 with the 8350...

And I get the exact same with a 290x and 8350...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni