New Maxwell Mobile GPUs GTX960M/950M + GT940M

stuka06

Source - German

Most important part of the article is the graphic

62997_1b.jpg

I losely translated the article

Following the 970M and 980M , Nvidia will release the GTX 960M, GTX 950M and GT 940M soon. 
The GTX models will both use 640 Shader units, 2GB VRAM and a 128 memory interface. 
This is similiar to the existing GTX 860M and GTX 850M, so any performance increase will come from the new Maxwell architecture.
The GT 940M will have 384 Shader units and 4GB of VRAM on a 62bit interface. This unit also shares a lot of similarities with its predecessor.

On of the first norebooks to use these GPUs will be the ASUS ROG G551JW featuring the GTX 960M

attachicon.gifBNBP9XO.jpg

Nothing to be hyped about there...

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

930m is pretty much a higher clock Tegra x1 =) 

I want to see more 965m in Laptops soon. 

Wouldn't they just use GM206 for the 965m? 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

the 970m and 980m reduced the gap between desktop and mobile significantly...

if these mid and budget segments do the same, then nvidia might be forgiven for all the bullshit they have pulled this year

if not, fuck them sideways - then a mobile carrizo will wipe the floor with them in price/perf

Why do they even bother to put 4GB VRAM on 62 bit? Just put 2GB and save money... I don't really know how many people are buying laptops based on how much vram it has.

I can barely afford to get a 840m in Australia sooooo

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Why do they even bother to put 4GB VRAM on 62 bit? Just put 2GB and save money... I don't really know how many people are buying laptops based on how much vram it has.

some software will use the vram to store information, the access speed doesn't need to be fast but it needs a certain amount of space, so its designed to be put in productivity laptops as wella s for gaming

I can barely afford to get a 840m in Australia sooooo

Here in Australia where a 980 is $800....

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

but, can i overclock them?

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

384 cores on the 940M? Sounds a lot like the core config on my old GTX 580M 675M.

930m having 256 cuda cores, whats the point? will that even play Minecraft?

It's a little disappointing seeing the 960M not be a 768 core half-980M. But remember the 860M came in two variants, the Maxwell 640 core one and the 1152 Kepler core one. So if 640 Maxwell cores equal 1152 Kepler cores these lesser core models shouldn't be terribly shabby.

hai

God...you're better off waiting for Intel's 58xx/59xxHQ processors (Iris 6100/Pro 6200) instead of getting Nvidia x30 and x40M GPUs. Intel's top iGPU SKUs are officially on larger memory buses and have more stream processors too, not to mention the X1 losing to HD 5500.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Every consumer with no idea on how GPU's work will buy a GPU based on how much VRAM it has, it's really sad, people I know bought a laptop then started bragging about how it has 1GB of VRAM, they don't even know what GPU it has they just know how much VRAM it has.

Like dis' if u cri evertyme :(

Yehaw, finally. :D Cheapo gaming laptops incoming soon! Maybe i can move my girlfriend to a new laptop, it#s about damn time. :D

who cares...

930m having 256 cuda cores, whats the point? will that even play Minecraft?

To answer your first question, silly cheap people. To answer your second question, yes.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home