gaming laptop to handle the verse

Ok guys so I'm in the market for a new gaming laptop thin, powerful, and portable, and eye catching, I need this laptop to us it for college and record games and edit and handle star citizen. I have my eye on a few the msi gs60/70, hp omen,razerblade 970m 1080p version, the gigabyte p35v3 1080p.not asus or anything thicker then an 1 inch. 15inch to 17.3 inch and no laptop with a resolution of 2k and up. I would consider the aorus x7 sli. I already have a desktop with a gtx 980 and an i7 5gen and 32 gb ddr 4. So which one would be great I'm open for discussion and you may show me other laptops

you have to go pretty high to get a laptop that will handle star citizen now, let alone when its done. 

definitely an i7 and definitely 970m and up. you may even consider one of those origin laptops that have a desktop cpu in it.

I was about to go on a rant, but then I saw, that you already own a good desktop rig, so moving on.

you have to go pretty high to get a laptop that will handle star citizen now, let alone when its done. 

definitely an i7 and definitely 970m and up. you may even consider one of those origin laptops that have a desktop cpu in it.

Pretty much that, quadcore is a must. Superslim isn't the best idea here, but I do understand, that you want to carry it around and maybe even use it on your lap and this is not intended to be your main machine. If you have considered fan noise, crappy gaming on battery and not being able to hit 60fps, you're good to go. Looking at the mentioned laptops I'd choose the Gigabyte, maybe even spend the extra money on the P35x v3, but I haven't really looked at any reviews (which you totally should)

Did you know this forum has an unofficial/official Star Citizen group? Head over to our organization's page, numerous forum threads or our LTTC Discord Server to find out more.

I was about to go on a rant, but then I saw, that you already own a good desktop rig, so moving on.

Pretty much that, quadcore is a must. Superslim isn't the best idea here, but I do understand, that you want to carry it around and maybe even use it on your lap and this is not intended to be your main machine. If you have considered fan noise, crappy gaming on battery and not being able to hit 60fps, you're good to go. Looking at the mentioned laptops I'd choose the Gigabyte, maybe even spend the extra money on the P35x v3, but I haven't really looked at any reviews (which you totally should)

Where would you recommend me to buy it at if I were to

Where would you recommend me to buy it at if I were to

How much can you actually spend first of all

If you have to use a laptop, then make sure it is a decent quad core with less issues of overheating, so no slims.

You might want to consider one of the new amplifiers:

http://www.pcgamer.com/msi-and-alienware-external-graphics-enclosures-at-ces-2015s-laptop-trend/

Granted, you did say you already had a desktop. So if you just wanted to play on the go, then maybe waiting a bit longer for better laptops (introduced in ces, etc) before getting a laptop to play Star Citizen. As many have said in the past, there is a major difference to building/buying for star citizen at release, and one to play the alpha modules.

(Edited post after re-reading second part of first post)

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

How much can you actually spend first of all

My mom said I can choose anything as a gift for my high school graduation she said $2600 around that.

If you have to use a laptop, then make sure it is a decent quad core with less issues of overheating, so no slims.

You might want to consider one of the new amplifiers:

http://www.pcgamer.com/msi-and-alienware-external-graphics-enclosures-at-ces-2015s-laptop-trend/

Granted, you did say you already had a desktop. So if you just wanted to play on the go, then maybe waiting a bit longer for better laptops (introduced in ces, etc) before getting a laptop to play Star Citizen. As many have said in the past, there is a major difference to building/buying for star citizen at release, and one to play the alpha modules.

(Edited post after re-reading second part of first post)

really hmm the only powerful one was that bulky msi laptop with the mmechanical keyboard it had a like a 980m sli no way I'm buying that.

really hmm the only powerful one was that bulky msi laptop with the mmechanical keyboard it had a like a 980m sli no way I'm buying that.

I'd say it is too early buying a laptop to play star citizen.

Just focus on a daily driver for now, and if it can manage star citizen, that's swell. Just don't expect it to run SC perfectly, especially at launch. Settings in this case wont change too much. Only way I can think to make it work without a bulky laptop is to invest in a decent one with the right cpu reqs and get an amp to tack on, but at that point, you already have a decent desktop.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Well you have little choice, because you'll have to look a Laptops around that range.

Those you picked out earlier are good enough i guess but don´t expect them to last.

the Auros x7 looks promising and seems to have a nice cooling solution, i suggest you check on reviews on the Cooling because Thermal throttling could be an issue.