bethesda to hold first e3 confrence

jaggysnake57

Bethesda doesn't make any game engines, they use a fairly (heavily) modified Gamebryo engine. So get your facts straight before you spout off incorrect information please.

I played Skyrim at launch on console with 0 issues, not even one. I had several friends playing on different platforms for AC:U and every single one ran into an issue.

Bethesda does not make any engines I have this stated above. Bethesda has honestly always had this, and always with its their thing, not going to say I like it but sometimes those bugs are hilarious, giants send you into space, that was brilliant.

I agree with this to an extent, also remember that it was limited by consoles as well, and as long as I have played Bethesda games they have left a lot of stuff to the modding community, because in the end they are smart enough to know the modding community can (usually) do it better. A large amount of modders on the nexus with agree with me.

___

I do hope they have moved to a newer engine for whatever the next game is, but whatever they do (Provided its TES or Fallout) I will buy it because I love the lore from both series.

Unfortunately up until skyrim this was true.

"Skyrim is powered by Bethesda's own Creation Engine, a new engine created prior to Skyrim's release"  Can read more on the wiki

However the Creation engine was the first and only engine developed by Bethesda so idk where all this "lel all the engines they make sux" is coming from.

EDIT: This is all wrong!

"Skyrim DOES use GameBryo. It is a rebranded version called The Creation Engine, with better controls for AI, lighting and weather rendering - However it is still Gamebryo.  It is very similar to the engine used for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Morrowind in its main code "

Delved more into it, definitely still Gamebryo
Sorry bout the misinformation, I had no idea and spoke to soon! D:

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

It will unfortunately be a new Fallout, and not a new Elder Scrolls. Still, Bethesda is the last remaining AAA developer I'll buy a full price game from, even if it's not Elder Scrolls, as long as nothing bad surfaces from reviews and user feedback.

"Skyrim is powered by Bethesda's own Creation Engine, a new engine created prior to Skyrim's release"  Can read more on the wiki

Incorrect info is incorrect, it's still got Gamebryo at the bottom.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

-snip-

My post actually pertained to the topic (and people do agree with me), your post however is nothing but genuine shitposting. 

However the Creation engine was the first and only engine developed by Bethesda so idk where all this "lel all the engines they make sux" is coming from.

Have you ever looked into it really? It's still Gamebryo, if you right click - Properties and look at the licensing its just a slightly newer version that the rest but its still Gamebryo just HEAVILY moddified.

(Installing Skyrim to get a screenshot.)

-picsnip-

Have you ever looked into it really? It's still Gamebryo, if you right click - Properties and look at the licensing its just a slightly newer version that the rest but its still Gamebryo just HEAVILY moddified.

(Installing Skyrim to get a screenshot.)

"Skyrim DOES use GameBryo. It is a rebranded version called The Creation Engine, with better controls for AI, lighting and weather rendering - However it is still Gamebryo.  It is very similar to the engine used for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Morrowind in its main code "

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

embarrassing*

As seen we've time and time again the engine that you seem to think is a PoS is extremely flexible and pretty damn large in scale. While it does sport some bugs, you seem to be overplaying it a bit.

I'm not trying to stir up anything, i'm just getting rather annoyed by you jumping into any thread and saying something relatively off topic and completely negative, honestly I shouldn't be feeding the troll.

Also good call on the child thing, trying to tell everyone they are immature and below you seems to be a running theme in pretty much all of your rebuttal post as well. Also stalking you? Right, well that seems like quite the childish claim for somebody on such a high horse.

"Bethesda has a spot at e3 guys!"

"The engine is shit, I'm totally not trying to start anything"

... What? What does the game engine have to do with "large scaling" and "being pretty flexible"?

They released mod tools to the community for the game. That makes it "flexible".

The engine has nothing to do with a game being large for the most part. They could have used Source engine, for example, for Skyrim and we'd have been way better off.

-snip-

While their comment may not have been nice, or entirely accurate they were posting their opinion, that's not shit posting, the real shit posting is you, attacking another user with nothing to apply to the conversation is immature. It's one thing voicing an opinion about the topic at hand, but please don't attack other users directly because you don't agree with them.

"Skyrim DOES use GameBryo. It is a rebranded version called The Creation Engine, with better controls for AI, lighting and weather rendering - However it is still Gamebryo.  It is very similar to the engine used for Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Morrowind in its main code "

It's a common misconception nothing to worry about, I only know because I hang out in Nexus chat frequently so I talk a lot about Bethesda games. :)

-snip-

Your gif was a shit post itself, mate.

(thanks, whoever snipped the quote. It's annoying to do on mobile)

I would personally like see Dishonored 2.

Me three.

I loved Dishonored for what it was, but I felt like it could have been so much more.

that's not shit posting

Any post of conviction founded on ignorance is (...) fill in the blank

People who call Bethesda games buggy either played it on consoles, which were never quite strong enough for any Elder Scrolls game, or are elitist PC gamers who think all games should be spotless when Bethesda rightfully thinks otherwise.

Bethesda are freaking amazing for leaving in chicken law breaker spotting and troll smash orbit-breaker in Skyrim, and bugs like that. It's part of why their games have so much soul compared to the focus tested, sanitized dribble from other AAA game developers.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It will unfortunately be a new Fallout, and not a new Elder Scrolls. Still, Bethesda is the last remaining AAA developer I'll buy a full price game from, even if it's not Elder Scrolls, as long as nothing bad surfaces from reviews and user feedback.

what about CDPR? I feel like people are like "BLAH BLAH BLAH AAA gaming developers are extremely untrusthworthy." and completely ignore CDPR (I would also mention valve and irrational games, but valve hasn't really done anything in years and irrational effectively broke apart after bioshock infinite)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Any post of conviction founded on ignorance is (...) fill in the blank

People who call Bethesda games buggy either played it on consoles, which were never quite strong enough for any Elder Scrolls game, or are elitist PC gamers who think all games should be spotless when Bethesda rightfully thinks otherwise.

by that logic AC:U and BF4 were bloody fine. I expect to be able to play a game, and when I have to install a mod and restart my progress to get past a specific story quest, I think I'm in the right for saying that bethesda needs to step up their QA. look at what CDPR is doing! they're taking an extra couple of months to polish. it's clear witcher 3 is done, that it could be shipped now, but they are still doing QA. bethesda should do the same. (I also feel that bethesda should start investing more in their lore than leaving books lying around. I want to experience a world, to drown in the depths of an ocean of lore I can never hope to completely understand, not lie facedown in a puddle with words on the ground, pretended I can't just stand up to breathe.)

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

what about CDPR? I feel like people are like "BLAH BLAH BLAH AAA gaming developers are extremely untrusthworthy." and completely ignore CDPR (I would also mention valve and irrational games, but valve hasn't really done anything in years and irrational effectively broke apart after bioshock infinite)

While CDPR are definitely making AAA games now, they're still indie, so they don't quite count for me in this context.

If we're going to extend it to indies making AAA games, then I'll add CDPR, Unknown Worlds Entertainment and Funcom too.

Though, I didn't buy The Witcher 2 until it was on sale, and still didn't feel I got my money's worth. It's a step in the wrong direction for an RPG IMO. The Witcher 3 I will definitely buy though, since it's open world.

by that logic AC:U and BF4 were bloody fine. I expect to be able to play a game, and when I have to install a mod and restart my progress to get past a specific story quest, I think I'm in the right for saying that bethesda needs to step up their QA. look at what CDPR is doing! they're taking an extra couple of months to polish. it's clear witcher 3 is done, that it could be shipped now, but they are still doing QA. bethesda should do the same. (I also feel that bethesda should start investing more in their lore than leaving books lying around. I want to experience a world, to drown in the depths of an ocean of lore I can never hope to completely understand, not lie facedown in a puddle with words on the ground, pretended I can't just stand up to breathe.)

With Bethesda we all know that it will take 3rd party patches to fix things, even though it shouldn't. So why rush into a purchase? My Z87 rig is hardly over powerful, its above average if anything, so I need to keep that in mind when trying to play games like that, that have piss poor optimization especially on the VRAM side of things. 

BF4 is a great example of 8 months too early. Maybe a year too early. That summer patch really helped things but it didn't help till after DICE Stockholm effectively got fired from the game and DICE LA took over and opened up the testing to the community. Why the hell should I pay for a game just to do beta testing for you? Why? That makes no sense. How can people agree with that? These games shouldn't launch so broken and have such glaring issues. 

Saying what Skyrim had "gave it character" is just excusing dodgy development and lazy QA. 

Bethesda's in-house games are buggy on all platforms; that is why there are multiple unofficial patches for PC to fix overlooked things from their testing for Skyrim. It's not elitist to expect better from a AAA developer and publisher with loaded pockets.

While CDPR are definitely making AAA games now, they're still indie, so they don't quite count for me in this context.

If we're going to extend it to indies making AAA games, then I'll add CDPR, Unknown Worlds Entertainment and Funcom too.

Though, I didn't buy The Witcher 2 until it was on sale, and still didn't feel I got my money's worth. It's a step in the wrong direction for an RPG IMO. The Witcher 3 I will definitely buy though, since it's open world.

what's the real definition of indie studio then? I've always attributed it to a general catch-all term for smaller studio that works with a smaller budget on more niche games. I would classify CDPR as a full-blown studio, maybe even a publisher in their own right (GoG)

by your definition would valve be an indie studio? it's also a publisher. just genuinely curious.

Daily Driver:

what's the real definition of indie studio then? I've always attributed it to a general catch-all term for smaller studio that works with a smaller budget on more niche games. I would classify CDPR as a full-blown studio, maybe even a publisher in their own right (GoG)

by your definition would valve be an indie studio? it's also a publisher. just genuinely curious.

Indie studio = A developer that publishes its own games, no third party or owning publisher is involved.

This doesn't extend to studios which are split up companies under a publisher umbrella, like various Ubisoft divisions, for example.

Didn't you hear? Indie is now a genre: "Ubisofts latest indie title, Grow Home".

im honestly hoping for tes6, fallout 4 will likely be the next big one they release though.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Me three.

I loved Dishonored for what it was, but I felt like it could have been so much more.

Agreed. A sequel that turns out to be basically the same with no regard for improvements or innovation would be disappointing to me.