Is my mum crazy?

alby800
Go to solution Solved by alby800,

Ok she has finally given up, I win, I am allowed to get them :D

But if I start getting headaches more often etc, then I will have to stop using them.

She's not crazy, she's just uneducated.

Ooooh @alby800, he called your mum uneducated..

You gone take that son?? I know I wouldn't. 1v1, wrek him!

This is a joke, I just had too. It's late, I'm not thinking straight, please forgive me.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Ooooh @alby800, he called your mum uneducated..

You gone take that son?? I know I wouldn't. 1v1, wrek him!

This is a joke, I just had too. It's late, I'm not thinking straight, please forgive me.

lol

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Link to the video?

Not sure if I can link it on here, but google search for "do cell phones cause brain tumors veritasium" and it's the first result.

Looks like we need help from people who can do science.

@dalekphalm and @ionbasa seem to know what they're talking about.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

@xVIP

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Veritasium just did a smiilar video on the effects of radiation from a smartphone, showing that the types of radiation from consumer electronics, microwaves etc. are non-ionizing meaning they don't have the power to change the electron count of an atom.

TL:DR Just not educated.

Veritasium just covered a great subject?

Damn you YouTube Sub Box...

Sig under construction.

23052011902.jpg

Do we really know? I don't thing those studies went long enough to say yes or no. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

@xVIP

Yup I found that, and showed it to her

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

Ok she has finally given up, I win, I am allowed to get them :D

But if I start getting headaches more often etc, then I will have to stop using them.

Veritasium just did a smiilar video on the effects of radiation from a smartphone, showing that the types of radiation from consumer electronics, microwaves etc. are non-ionizing meaning they don't have the power to change the electron count of an atom.

TL:DR Just not educated.

Quite. Non-ionizing radiation is basically harmless. There is tons of it naturally occurring all around us all the time. Radiation from space and from our Sun is vastly more powerful in most cases, so basically all the "good" (Good meaning well controlled and unbiased) research shows that yeah, this stuff is pretty safe.

The one major study that people reference, in which "Heavy" cellphone usage can increase your chance of Brain Cancer by 3 times (Which is still REALLY REALLY REALLY rare, going from 3/100,000 people to 9/100,000 people), is an inherently flawed study. It relies on interviewing people w/ and w/out Brain Cancer, and asking about their past in various ways. Someone w/ brain cancer might "remember" more cellphone use due to pre-existing bias (They think cellphones cause brain cancer, so they "remember" that they used one more). Memory is a fickle thing at the best of times. Any investigator/police officer/lawyer can tell you that witness accounts are some of the least reliable form of evidence.

Not sure if I can link it on here, but google search for "do cell phones cause brain tumors veritasium" and it's the first result.

Yes, there's no rule against linking YouTube videos, as long as they aren't:

1. Spam, or

2. Self advertising

Looks like we need help from people who can do science.

@dalekphalm and @ionbasa seem to know what they're talking about.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :D Howeever, @xVIP and @Prastupok beat me to it!

-le video of win snip-

@xVIP

@alby800 the big takeaway from this is simple: Cellphone and other wireless technology usage (Bluetooth, Wifi, Microwaves, cordless phones, etc) have skyrocketed in the last 20 years... The percentage of Brain Cancer? Completely steady in that same time period. The same percentage of people get brain cancer today, as did 40 years ago. This is incredibly compelling, and to me, firmly shows that radio waves (and other non-ionizing radiation) do not cause cancer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Who honestly believes these shit will kill you anyways?

Oo, be carefulz of le microwave, gonna killl u 2.  :rolleyes:

apparently my mum xD

apparently my mum xD

Statistically I am much more likely to die from car crashes or heart attack... So I think I should put far more effort into preventing that than you know, trying not to wear my headphones.  :) It's like people being afraid of airplanes and being perfectly ok with driving a car.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

well then she would have 1000 CANCERS already from all the radiation hitting her from space which is billions of times more powerful than bluetooth

Most radiation gets deflected by the magnetic field and atmosphere that exists. If the radiation was able to penetrate the atmosphere, we'd be dead. Granted, we can still get skin cancer from the Sun.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Most radiation gets deflected by the magnetic field and atmosphere that exists. If the radiation was able to penetrate the atmosphere, we'd be dead. Granted, we can still get skin cancer from the Sun.

Good point, although the radiation from the sun that gives you skin cancer is ionizing, so it's a totally different kind (and more dangerous kind) of radiation then something like a wireless headset or bluetooth puts out.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

She's on to something, like this lady. 

My brain hurts... and my hope for humanity is... gone. :D

[Main rig "ToXxXiC":]
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | MB: ASUS Maximus VII Formula | RAM: G.Skill TridentX 32GB 2400MHz (DDR-3) | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Hydro Copper | Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD (+NAS) | Sound: OnBoard | PSU: XFX Black Edition Pro 1050W 80+ Gold | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos II | Cooling: Full Custom Watercooling Loop (CPU+GPU+MB) | OS: Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit)