Does anyone here have a LD(Learning Disability)? If so how is it living with it?

Pugs501

I have ADHD/OCD, Dysgraphia (I can't write very well) and some Autism like symptoms (I do not have it though).  I am normally normally very attentive when I have HIGH interest in a Subject.  In school I have a Laptop (my school is Laptop/Tech based) so I can type my notes and homework.

Because he had a hard drive.

ive got quite bad adhd + add, makes it hard to focus in class sometimes, more so than i would like but its whatever

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

No, but I do have a horrible memory. I spent 15 hours revising for a simple Biology test once, as nothing was going in. YES TEST.

I also get easily distracted, especially in class where I just have random thoughts.

I got ADHD and Aspergers(So technically, I am slightly autistic), but I'm not too sure if that counts. I honestly don't know. I hate it at times because sometimes retarded shit comes out of my mouth (Anyone on the TS, such as @Excon, @nsyedhasan, @TheSLSAMG, @NuroKnight, and others can confirm this).

Life.exe is missing

Yep, I have some issues, but I also have to take an hour drive in 5 minutes so I'll come back to this thread when I get back to my computer(sorry OP).

It's fine

Because he had a hard drive.

Dysgraphia also I have actually not had many problems other than a few teachers who absolutely would not deal with my writing

I have Tourette's syndrome... Unlike other people who have this, i can be very calm and social, but this all gets destroyed by the fact that I'm very vulnerable to stress. One tiny thing that discomforts me and my head is like a rollercoaster. This is why i do school at home on my computer. And no i don't scream random words -_-

I'm happy I don't have Tourette like that South Park episide, Those people do exist... With that thought i think i'm doing fine.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Can gaming be a learning disability?

I'm socially awkward, the class environment can degrade my learning experience depending on how interactive the class can get, and how full it is. My history class is rather small so I'm typically comfortable on my own, but everything else is full, which can make me nervous and end up distracting me from the entire experience.

I try to stuff myself in an imaginary box where I'm just listening to the teacher while I type out notes on my laptop, it doesn't always work.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I have Aspergers so I am super awkward and stuff, I'm not even going to list all the shit and bullying I've been through.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Yeah, Asperger's Syndrome. My school is pretty good when it comes to accomodating my needs, though.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

I am Mexican, does that count?

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Don't think I have anything.

Lack of motivation maybe.

I used to have extreme difficulty in controlling my ideas and managing my hyper-focus.

I could never sleep on time my entire life because my mind was racing and wanted closure on every thought.

I could only sleep after my mind was finished thinking and wondering about every little idea. But by the time my mind calmed down, it was 8:00 am and time for school.

Luckily, my family is executive-business oriented, so dealing with "mental health" is second nature to my family.

Because corporate Executives typically suffer from extreme stress and have serious mental breakdowns that require a lot of Self-Help and Psychology.

I succeeded in conquering and controlling my ADHD/Aspbergers/Autism/Anxiety/Stress with years of formal training, and help from the corporate business community.

When I was 22 to 25, two CEOs from two separate corporations adopted me as their Apprentice and paid more than $100,000 USD per year in training me to become an Executive. These training costs were in addition to my salary.

Most of the training was 'how to control your mental health'.

One of these CEOs only earned $2.5 Million USD per year, so he was investing about 8% of his own worth into my training and salary. Which showed his faith in my potential to become 'functional'.

Both CEOs failed at making me "normal" and "reliable" but I continued my Self-Help by spending every dollar I earned on buying books on Psychology and hiring Psychologists for $250/hour.

Now, I am a Corporate Mental Health Professional, creating work environments that are friendly to employees with severe mental health difficulties.

Edited for specificity.

I have chemo brain.

Seriously, my short term memory sucks and it's hard to recall certain words. I will be needing extra time with tests now.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Aspergers, PTSD, Depression, Insomnia. 

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

ADHD, and terrible memory.

A least I get to know all of other peoples secrets... Till I forget them.

It sucks monkey balls, I wont do school work, its not interesting, its too easy, and its just sorta stupid.

I have really bad social anxiety and adhd, adhd i dont really know how to deal with that but the social anxiety Just got to deal with it load up on prozac lol. not that im any help but i know how ya feel.

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Okay, I'm back :), but I will have to make this somewhat short. In a nutshell, I have ADHD, bipolar disorder, anxiety, insomnia, and depression, but I have a few other things that contribute to my learning issue(the more you know about me). Getting through school was tough, I had zero interest in most of the subjects, so I always had a nervous/ hyper energy that made it hard to focus when I needed to and I often distracted myself with whatever I could find. For when I was in class, I had to mentally separate myself and force myself to listen to the teacher(or work, or whatever). I missed a lot of things in class, but my teachers were pretty cool with me coming in after class to get what I missed. For when I was I home, I have a desk and computer in my room(which is where I was when not studying/doing work), but I had a separate work area for actually getting work done(half of my dads office). It was basically an empty room to keep me from getting distracted. I don't have that room anymore(QQ), but I find that if I pace my self I can still be productive.

That's all I have to say for now, but I might come back to this thread when I am not having issues(hate this time of the month).

I do suffer from dysgraphia and anxiety,i am also socially awkward i hate attending parties or places with too many people gathered for non-tech things or things that intrest me. Writing is an issue for me due to dysgraphia and I tend to type in the wrong order sometimes eg:tpye normal is type

I am calm and cheerful majority of the time but if ticked i tend to explode with all the anger that has been supressed inside of me towards the social system

sounds like we all have a bit of social anxiety haha YAY NERDS! :)

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

While I was still in the womb, I learned to read and speak.  My mother thought she was possessed and a ghost/demon was speaking to her.  Upon hearing of the damage I was causing I used my mutant intellect to artificially stunt my own cognitive capabilities.  I am barely a shadow of what I would have been, and for these reasons I am speaking to the rest of you mortals now.  A God among insects, who walks as a mortal man pretending to be one of you.  My crippled cries placed in agony over what I have lost, but it is not the end.  As time goes on those mental blocks I placed upon myself begin to weaken, and one day I will no longer be developmentally challenged.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Well yeah, lol i have noticed majority of the members on the forun suffer from some kind of depression related to socialize or normal stuff.... Nerds.... :P

I must be a really strange nerd then. I do a lot of the things a nerd wouldn't do but I don't necessarily connect with others... I guess you could say I'm a really good liar or I haven't come out of my shell yet.  :unsure:

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

I suffer with the exact same thing and i am going through the same situation now with school finals,other than computer science, no other subject intrests me and my ocd and anxiety have worsened,my mom has to turn into a stalin to maje sure i am not distracted while studying for my finals now so that i can get into college and follow my passion of software development

I know what you may have gone through :(

My parents used to get on me pretty hard with my homework too lol. My advice is to just try to stay focused and power through it, but use your teachers for a lot of help.

Edit: Also don't give up and don't let school effect you too much. I'm tired...