Consoles may get 4K Hardware upgrade

Craider

I hate 24fps movies :(

so.. pretty much all movies

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh come on you should watch do everything in 24 fps , even games .

Its more "cinematic" and gives that true "movie experience" ..

It also is better for "storytelling"

/s

lol Yes but seriously I just hate the fact that movies are in that framerate, we should atleast get the option for 48/60fps.

lol Yes but seriously I just hate the fact that movies are in that framerate, we should atleast get the option for 48/60fps.

I actually prefer video of people shot at 24/30, 

I have the option on my camera but I still record video at 24p, normal videos shot at 60p still look really odd unless its heavy action or being slowed down for slow motion, yet for gaming 60 is the only thing I accept

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i really cant see this happening

its going to cost micorosoft and sony a LOT of money to make new consoles

it took them ages to get the ps4/XBone consoles  ready

and if some how by a miracle they did this its going to make things more complex for devs to optmise for 4 consoles

and it might end up like what happened with x360 and ps3  . they will choose the lowest denominator and base the games on it

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Current consoles already support 4K video. Well, they are advertised to do so. If not, people will get Sony and Microsoft on false advertising.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I just use pcx2 nowadays , 4k ps2 games YAY.

haha true, I just enjoy retro stuff too

like playing my atari and sega on an old school CRT :D like when I was a little kit

haha true, I just enjoy retro stuff too

like playing my atari and sega on an old school CRT :D like when I was a little kit

Go play retro city rampage.

It has tons of emulated presets for old tvs and such :D

VkZWQtD.png

Go play retro city rampage.

It has tons of emulated presets for old tvs and such :D

yeah I love that game haha I have it :D

not the same as a real one but still cool

i really cant see this happening

its going to cost micorosoft and sony a LOT of money to make new consoles

it took them ages to get the ps4/XBone consoles  ready

and if some how by a miracle they did this its going to make things more complex for devs to optmise for 4 consoles

and it might end up like what happened with x360 and ps3  . they will choose the lowest denominator and base the games on it

Production costs mostly. They really don't have to change much just swap out hardware and redesign the housing to differentiate between the two generations. If they step up to 8 Puma+ cores and GCN 1.2 architecture in the same configuration (maybe a few extra shaders for added game performance) existing games will only get smoother meanwhile making large cuts in power consumption and heat. It would be a big selling point to console fans if the XBOX 2 and PS4.1 came out being 15% faster and 30% more energy efficient. All they really got to do is make it look cooler than its predecessor and people will buy it regardless to if they already own one.

Current consoles already support 4K video.

I'm not sure about hardware decoding. They should be able to play 4k by utilizing shaders but it's one power hungry task.

4k 30hz? consoles can almost run on 720p 30hz tvs, and you want them to run on 4k 30hz ones?

Fujitsu Celsius 380W: i5 650 @ 3.2 Ghz | FUJITSU D2917-A1 | 4GB RAM 1333Mhz | ASUS GTX 750 TI Strix OC Edition | Fujitsu Case | 380W Fujitsu PSU | 250GB HDD | Windows 7 64 bit | Dell P2214H

Rekty Shrekty 

Honestly when consoles get to 4k 30 fps pc will be at 12k 60 fps.

Pc can already do 4k 60 fps and consoles cant do 1080p consistently.

Its funny, back in the day, gaming on consoles was THE thing to do, they were powerful and fantastic

As tech has come on, their budget nature, and slowly evolving hardware makes them less and less attractive

That said I still find it hard to say a PS4 is a BAD device, it plays games fine, and doenst cost that much, but since they insist of having bloody exclusives it forces people who CAN afford a better experiance to buy a SUB PAR device just to play a handful of games

console performance, does not offend me as much as console exclusives, paid online services and other bullshit

they still suck though :D, sure, if you compare a PS4 to a PS3/PS2/PS1, we have come very far, but if you Compare a Current PC to a PC back when the PS1 one was out, the difference is even greater

Its funny, back in the day, gaming on consoles was THE thing to do, they were powerful and fantastic

As tech has come on, their budget nature, and slowly evolving hardware makes them less and less attractive

That said I still find it hard to say a PS4 is a BAD device, it plays games fine, and doenst cost that much, but since they insist of having bloody exclusives it forces people who CAN afford a better experiance to buy a SUB PAR device just to play a handful of games

console performance, does not offend me as much as console exclusives, paid online services and other bullshit

they still suck though :D, sure, if you compare a PS4 to a PS3/PS2/PS1, we have come very far, but if you Compare a Current PC to a PC back when the PS1 one was out, the difference is even greater

Meh the ps4 is bad value because it can only play one gen of games.

While a 600 dollar pc can play games from the 80´s if you want and new games as well fine.

Which is important because modern games mostly suck

Which is important because modern game © sucks

Corrected that. Last year, only one game came out. Modern Game. It's a game in which you have an open world, padded with frivolous fetchquests, collectables and void characters.

You can also climb towers and activate them.

There are lots of DLC's available for Modern Game.

Meh the ps4 is bad value because it can only play one gen of games.

While a 600 dollar pc can play games from the 80´s if you want and new games as well fine.

Which is important because modern games mostly suck

Yeah if it was backwards compatible with the 3/2/1 games then it could be forgiven a bit, hence why i still have previous gen consoles

disagree modern games sucking though, there was just as many shit games back then too.. in fact probably more, especially budget titles , bedroom programmers and shit arcade conversions

Yeah if it was backwards compatible with the 3/2/1 games then it could be forgiven a bit, hence why i still have previous gen consoles

disagree modern games sucking though, there was just as many shit games back then too.. in fact probably more, especially budget titles , bedroom programmers and shit arcade conversions

I dont mean all the way back to the 80s .

Go play Hl2 or bioshock 1 or deus ex 1.

That kind of brilliance is hard to see nowadays.

Corrected that. Last year, only one game came out. Modern Game. It's a game in which you have an open world, padded with frivolous fetchquests, collectables and void characters.

You can also climb towers and activate them.

There are lots of DLC's available for Modern Game.

10/10 - IGN

Not going to happen. Maybe 4K video (but how many consoles have the capacity? Or how many people have Internet that's reliable and fast enough to stream 4K?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

But amidst the shit, there were some gems. Now... not so much. Atleast not the popular games. But I guess since they're popular, they attract a new generation.

I Guess we're just old nostalgic farts.

I dont mean all the way back to the 80s .

Go play Hl2 or bioshock 1 or deus ex 1.

That kind of brilliance is hard to see nowadays.

Go play some of my favourite games of all time? ,,,, erm ok :P

Still there was bad games back then, just as there is now, there are bad games every year :D and there are great ones too

I think there has been plenty of great modern games that I would call favourites