KFC Double Down Dog Review

So... I was craving for something different today and I went ahead and ordered this:

double-dog-header.jpg

The KFC Double Down Dog

This thing is exclusive to our country as far as I know...

Here's how mine looks like (without the sauce):
84845223cd.jpg

Specs:

KFC Chicken fillet fried in original recipe batter

PureFoods Tender Juicy Chick'nCheese Hotdog/Sausage

Mustard Mayo sauce with pickle relish

Comments:

First things first, this thing is not that big, nor is it small... I had a hard time biting into it since I've got a relatively small jaw...

Took one bite... The texture is as I expected... Chicken fillet and sausage... The contrast between the textures is... acceptable...

I used most of the sauce... this made it difficult to eat like a regular hotdog sandwich because the sauce keeps on making the sausage slip...

In the end I gave up and ate it separately...

The taste is better than I expected... It's not that salty overall and the sausage complements the taste of the chicken fillet with the sauce binding the two flavors nicely... It is also very filling as a snack... and with the value meal giving you a fixin (those side dish things) and a drink along with this thing, you should be able to last a few hours on it...

Conclusion:

I'll give this an overall 7.5/10... For the price of 120PhP, it's a filling, tasty snack of chicken in chicken... My only complaint would be the sloppiness... If paired with their coleslaw, you have yourself a nice meal...

diabetus_595.jpg

Oh you silly drama queen

mmmmm looks nice...

Sadly my country doesn't have this.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I find this disgusting in more ways than I'm comfortable thinking about.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I find this disgusting in more ways than I'm comfortable thinking about.

My housemate's thoughts exactly...

I'm trying to decide between this and a deep fried mars bar for least healthy but oddly compelling snack, I think this gets oddly compelling but the deep-fried mars bar gets oddest and unhealthiest

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

ewww

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I went to go buy one the other day, but couldn't see it on the menu, maybe they don't have them in UK, I was stuck in the drive-thru queue by the time I realised.

Fully loaded box meal it was then.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I'm trying to decide between this and a deep fried mars bar for least healthy but oddly compelling snack, I think this gets oddly compelling but the deep-fried mars bar gets oddest and unhealthiest

Considering the snacks here, that actually sounds tasty...

Try grilled blood, locally known as 'betamax' or 'dugo'... (this is actually very delicious and unhealthy)

betamax-food.jpg

I went to go buy one the other day, but couldn't see it on the menu, maybe they don't have them in UK, I was stuck in the drive-thru queue by the time I realised.

Fully loaded box meal it was then.

This double down is exclusive to our country as far as I know (PureFoods is a local brand)...

Considering the snacks here, that actually sounds tasty...

Try grilled blood, locally known as 'betamax' or 'dugo'... (this is actually very delicious and unhealthy)

betamax-food.jpg

This double down is exclusive to our country as far as I know (PureFoods is a local brand)...

If I ever visit the Philippines I'll give it a go, probably to the amusement of the locals... 

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

If I ever visit the Philippines I'll give it a go, probably to the amusement of the locals... 

Just be careful where you buy them... Some grillers are not as clean as the others...

While we're on topic of delicious but weird and unhealthy snacks, you should also give 'isaw' a try... It's grilled or battered and deep fried intestines (commonly from chicken)...

tumblr_lq5v86MWuH1qdqwowo1_1280.jpg

Just be careful where you buy them... Some grillers are not as clean as the others...

While we're on topic of delicious but weird and unhealthy snacks, you should also give 'isaw' a try... It's grilled or battered and deep fried intestines (commonly from chicken)...

tumblr_lq5v86MWuH1qdqwowo1_1280.jpg

I think that is step too far...

Not really... I eat it every now and then... There are more extreme stuff here...

KFC's chicken tastes like crap, at least compared to our home made fried chicken.

Just...never liked their breading.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

When I saw that image for the first time I thought it was a joke. That is so gross.

You went to college did yuh...........

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

depends on how you define college and what do you mean by that?

Lol good stuff, LTT should have more food reviews :P haha

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

depends on how you define college and what do you mean by that?

You sir went to a proper college which gave you the power of discernment to know that grilled chicken intestines is just going too far.....what was is the tryouts for Fear Factor? Why not just drink shit soup.

Should have placed it in the "Member reviews" section. :D

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

You sir went to a proper college which gave you the power of discernment to know that grilled chicken intestines is just going too far.....what was is the tryouts for Fear Factor? Why not just drink shit soup.

I'm 20, live in the UK and have been doing an IT apprenticeship since last March, I'm assuming your using the American definition of college,  and I didn't even apply to university 

Hey, I'm in college and the two grilled snacks I posted are 'stress relievers' for low budget students...

I'm 20, live in the UK and have been doing an IT apprenticeship since last March, I'm assuming your using the American definition of college,  and I didn't even apply to university 

No i am not using the American definition of college as i am a colonists of the British. From secondary school i went to technical school then University. College is just established as having a certain level or IQ/smarts is all why i referenced it. ;)

Hey, I'm in college and the two grilled snacks I posted are 'stress relievers' for low budget students...

Not saying no and i was discussing the grilled chicken guts not the Downdog or the blood AKA in my country as poddin. They sell it as a foot long link and you can buy as many links as the vendor has to sell. I have never eaten it though.