Port Of Shame

chutia

Hi guys,

Just having some fun and getting everyones experiences on bad pc ports and listing them here so people who plan to buy these games check to make sure the can run then properly before wasting their money and to highlight bad pc ports in general so developers are forced to pay more attention to pc ports in the future.

The ones that come to mind are:

-Watch dogs

-The evil Within

-Rising Dead 3

-Dying Light

-Batman Arkham Knight

Another one: AC:Unity

Hopefully GTA V doesn't end up on this list.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

GTA IV

I can max it at ~50FPS at 1080p. Good job developers.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Sonic Adventure DX. Locked to 720p Windowed Mode, you cannot save, you cannot re-do your keybindings. No gamepad support, it runs horribly and glitches out a lot, and they're overcharging for it. 

Is dying light really that bad, or is just a case of people unwilling to accept that if you want a good looking semi open adventure map game to run at ultra you need a lot more power. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

AC:Unity

Okay so Ubisoft put some sort of limit to FPS on PC, does it matter even if it is smooth at the max FPS? Of course I know that having a higher FPS is better, but is it really worth giving Ubisoft crap?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Is dying light really that bad, or is just a case of people unwilling to accept that if you want a good looking semi open adventure map game to run at ultra you need a lot more power. 

Good question, I havnt actually played it but from what I have heard and sounds bad to me after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqVv5xQ5eo

@wcreek

Check out the steam reviews to see how bad people think this game is, pretty glitchy too

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289650/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Good question, I havnt actually played it but from what I have heard and sounds bad to me after watching this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDqVv5xQ5eo

@wcreek

Check out the steam reviews to see how bad people think this game is, pretty glitchy too

http://store.steampowered.com/app/289650/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1

Okay so it glitches I mean I guess that sucks.

From a perspective of the game itself rather than the nit picky parts it's a decent game. There are only 30 more negative reviews than positive reviews.

I guess I'm more so of a Look for the Good before the bad, and let the better things of something outshine the bad, I also suppose I sort of like Ubisoft because they're French.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Oh ya just remembered, great game though!

-Dark Souls 1

Since the new patch (that cames out 1 day after the launch) Dying light is an excellent port.

The menu is designed for PC, only the weapon switch seems to come directly from the console version; the 100% core #1 CPU has been fixed; the coop part is very solid (I don't know if it this good on consoles); however, they are still dealing with the multi gpu problem (stutter and so on).

But you need a good rig to get it on ultra.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Oh ya just remembered, great game though!

-Dark Souls 1

Parts of that game runned bad even on the consoles, mostly the swampfuckdarkdamncan'tseefuckshit part.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Dark Souls.

Absolutely unplayable in my opinion. The worst port in history.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

It's not, Dying Light runs as expected* given the detail, people are just mindless sheep regurgitating the drivel spouted by the most incompetent YouTube muppets.

*There was a bug that won't load all threads until you manually unassign affinity for Core 0 manually in task manager, then re-enable it after 10 seconds. But the GPU-side optimization is as good as it can be given the massive shadow map on high and certain textures being 8192p.

My example: I run Dying Light without film grain, chromatic abberation, (had to mod them out) motion blur, and with medium shadow map (which means 2048p which is still considered high) and on an overclocked 3570K, 16GB of RAM and GTX 760 I run it at well above 60 FPS at all times. Max view distance and foliage too.

Since the new patch (that cames out 1 day after the launch) Dying light is an excellent port.

The menu is designed for PC, only the weapon switch seems to come directly from the console version; the 100% core #1 CPU has been fixed; the coop part is very solid (I don't know if it this good on consoles); however, they are still dealing with the multi gpu problem (stutter and so on).

But you need a good rig to get it on ultra.

There's also a mod (Dying Light Manager) that can send reflection rendering to the CPU instead of the GPU, (godsend for my 4.8Ghz 3570K) and disable some of the ugly effects. Look it up on the Steam Community.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Okay so Ubisoft put some sort of limit to FPS on PC, does it matter even if it is smooth at the max FPS? Of course I know that having a higher FPS is better, but is it really worth giving Ubisoft crap?

it was buggy as hell and it looks like shit for the recources its eating up

bad optimization but we had this talk before i think

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

260x plays Dying Light just fine with 35-55fps Textures at High, rest on low (view distance turned down)

I see ZERO issues performance wise considering what I'm using....

So I threw my 270x in this machine, also runs flawless at those settings (and I can now enable their AA) and keep the same FPS pretty much... with lesser dips than the 260x.

I didn't check the CPU stats, but never had any stutter or issues as far as my eyes could tell in-game.

Dying Light is one of the better ports to have come out... (cept the view distance performance hog)

Wouldn't call it a port of shame..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Dying Light is one of the better ports to have come out... (cept the view distance performance hog)

More RAM helps with view distance. Because view distance is directly proportional to how much AI, geometry and animation data is loaded, hence Dying Light is capable of using more than 8GB of RAM. Probably the first game that can, to my knowledge.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

More RAM helps with view distance. Because view distance is directly proportional to how much AI, geometry and animation data is loaded, hence Dying Light is capable of using more than 8GB of RAM. Probably the first game that can, to my knowledge.

I didn't even look...funny cos it's on my MSI OSD... I should have noticed it...

Will do next time I open it... (Running 8GB at the moment)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

@That Norwegian Guy

With enough tweaking you can make any game run well but the point is people shouldnt have to spend hours playing around with settings and patchs to make the game they payed $80 for to run as it should. You also wont get the image quality you expect from your hardware like you do in most other games.

You know the devs havn't spent enough time debugging and testing when they start releasing day one patchs to fix performance issue!

Its even sadder when users have to release tools they developed themselves to help fix problems with the port like Dying Light Management Tool!

Dying Light is a great port. It has some CPU optimisation problems but runs pretty damned well regardless. So stupid to think it's a bad port.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I think there is a Steam curator thingy that does this. Has a whole shit ton of games on it already

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Demanding...?

It runs flawless on my 260x @ 1080p with 35-55fps.

A 260X!!!!!

/Not indicative of performance on all cards... but you don't need a powerhouse GPU to play it at all.

@That Norwegian Guy

With enough tweaking you can make any game run well but the point is people shouldnt have to spend hours playing around with settings and patchs to make the game they payed $80 for to run as it should. You also wont get the image quality you expect from your hardware like you do in most other games.

You know the devs havn't spent enough time debugging and testing when they start releasing day one patchs to fix performance issue!

Its even sadder when users have to release tools they developed themselves to help fix problems with the port like Dying Light Management Tool!

Dying Light runs well, but with tweaks you can get it to run above and beyond well. It is not a bad port. (Though I heard AMD cards still have issues) And the PC version is virtually doubled in shadows and textures and overall better graphically than the consoles.

I agree with the latter though. Awful rendering techniques like film grain and chromatic abberation needs to have toggles in the graphics menu, and if you don't, you're a failure of a game developer and nothing but an eye rapist.

Dying Light isn't bad, it's just... weird. Most settings have no impact whatsoever on the FPS except textures and view distance. You'll need a really good card to play it well, but it works fine otherwise. Even lower-end cards can do alright if you lower textures/distance and are OK with 30-40fps. See, the game runs like I expect it to run on my machine- 60fps with some dips to 50 or a little lower on a 980 at 1440p.

And then there's AC Unity. I'm so glad I got it for free from Nvidia so I don't have to think about wasting money on that garbage. It's playable... sort of.... now. Worst launch I've seen, at least you could play some parts of the BF4 disaster.

Dark Souls was a pretty lazy port, too.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

FF13 & FF13-2 

No graphics options on launch day

Locked 720p on launch day

Locked Fps

No optimization (some people couldn't get 60fps in 720p but could get 60fps in 4K with gtx 780s)

FF13-2 still not optimized 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case