Microdia 512GB SD card with read and write speeds of up to 300 MB/s

ahhming

microdia-xtra-sd4-memory-cards.jpg

Microdia has announced a new addition to its flash memory card range with read and write speeds of up to 300 MB/s.
No pricing yet but will be available mid 2015  

The Xtra Elite SD 4.0 Flash memory card is said by Microdia to be many times faster than current flash memory cards. Professional photographers and videographers can simultaneously capture and load images and footage at phenomenal speeds. The card handles 4K- and 5K-resolution videos and images with equal aplomb.

The Microdia SD 4.0 Flash memory card will be available from mid 2015 in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB and 512GB capacities. No pricing has been announced.

source:
http://www.thenps.com/microdia-sd-4-0-memory-card/

http://www.microdia.com/

Oh man, I still have my 16 Mb Panasonic card somewhere... Kinda mindblowing to think that capacity of those things has gone up a several thousand times.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

Mind blown... Maybe we should just swap our SSDs for these (yeah probably doesn't have the iops and stuff though).

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

TARAN WILL LIKE THIS.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Imagine if they could be used inside computers, because that's a lot of capacity you could cram into a space smaller than a 2.5" HDD.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Jesus and 1tb SSDs are still considered impressive

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Now you can put your SSD in your wallet when leaving the house/hotel room.

And it's still only guaranteed 30MB/s write?

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Are those extra contacts on the back?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

I want one in micro sd. I just got a 64gb Samsung evo micro SD for $35 and I love it.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

omg so your telling me i can have something that is the speed of an early ssd and a bigger size than most SSD's that is the size of my thumb?

wow... that is CRAZY!

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Imagine if they could be used inside computers, because that's a lot of capacity you could cram into a space smaller than a 2.5" HDD.

It would be way too slow.

It would be way too slow.

Its still faster then a HDD. (185MB/sec for example with my WD blue).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL