That's it gamers -- We've hit 8GB of RAM usage in games!

Are you sure it doesn't just mean the game is poorly optimized and/or memory leakage?

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

lol i can play bf4 with 3gb of ram (1gb allocated for igpu), it doesn't stutter, but frames are low (~45 avg.) since im using my igpu( waiting fot my 970).

Surprising... I played with 4GB of RAM and a dedicated GPU and even with the 32-bit client it would stutter and crash after ~3 rounds.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

@i_build_nanosuits

Just wondering what application are you using to display your memory usage and such.

Once I've got some more cash I plan to upgrade to 16GB.

What I'd like to do is downsize to mini-ITX with a Rosewill Neutron case, an Asus Z97I-Plus board, and 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro with the grey/silver scheme (basically cheapo knockoff of the overpriced Dominator lineup, lol).

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

yup, time to add 8gb more ram in my upgrade list

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

wut i have 6B.

Are you saying i should throw my pc out of the window?

DYING light uses 5.7 GB here.

Also that game is the worst PC port of the year.

Doesn't even use my two physical cores to 100%

Bad example.

I have 24GB, Before with 8GB I would stutter in BF4.

I could try running some benchmarks... If you guys want. I'd like to find out more about this.

What program you using to monitor usage?

I stutter in BF4/FC4 unless I have nothing else open, it sucks I want 16GB so bad lol

This is because if you don't have dual channel RAM installed when playing BF4, the game is a piece of turd and runs like mess. If you install 2 sticks but DON'T use dual channel mode, it'll still stutter. I can guarantee this. My friend had the issue where he had 4 sticks and took out two and the game was running like crap, and then I took out two from my PC (also limiting myself to 8GB) and it ran fine, and we checked his motherboard and discovered he wasn't using the correct slots, so he rearranged them and now it works as well as it did when he had 16GB installed.

Nice. Good to see we're getting to that point now.

I don't think so... I'd rather there be something useful in that memory than simply having it being used. Granted people aren't noticing pop-in with dying light so maybe the world just has very high persistence, but I can't say the same of other games. Same arguement with vRAM: if it doesn't need to be high LEAVE IT LOW. Compress, use things common in the past, whatever. Just because we have more doesn't mean time to be sloppy.

MSI afterburner...it has built in Rivatuner statistics...you have to learn how to use it though...takes  5 minutes if your quick :P

ALSO i found out that core 1 is pinned at 98% consistently and this is not good...slower CPU's wil have a hard time running this game properly (looking at you AMD FX :P)

AMD FX 8350 CPUs can't get above 25fps. The single-threadedness is hurting them badly. I'm dead certain the devs optimized this throughout the wazoo for the consoles' 8 cores, but they appear to have forgotten that their min spec is a QUADCORE FOR PC SO THEY SHOULD BALANCE PROPERLY FOR MULTIPLE CORES.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Using dual channel m8, my ram usage is almost over 7GB and when it goes over that it stutters (I monitor it on my second monitor).

When I close everything and turn Aero off it's fine. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Using dual channel m8, my ram usage is almost over 7GB and when it goes over that it stutters (I monitor it on my second monitor).

When I close everything and turn Aero off it's fine. 

Well you're just using a ridiculous amount of RAM then. My BF4 doesn't use nearly that much. 2GB at most.

How do you get BF4 to use that much?

What I said about dual channel still stands, however. Single channel configs or mismatched two-stick configs break it.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Well you're just using a ridiculous amount of RAM then. My BF4 doesn't use nearly that much. 2GB at most.

How do you get BF4 to use that much?

What I said about dual channel still stands, however. Single channel configs or mismatched two-stick configs break it.

BF4 only uses like 1.5-2GB I believe, but for some reason my total memory usage goes really high. I've tried pretty much everything to no avail

RIP in pepperonis m8s

BF4 only uses like 1.5-2GB I believe, but for some reason my total memory usage goes really high. I've tried pretty much everything to no avail

You should check what you have running... lots of tabs in google chrome takes up a lot of RAM, and not closing it for a long time keeps old information in RAM that's cleared if you close and re-open. Also 64-bit google chrome just uses more RAM because it's 64-bit.

A second 2x4 GB RAM module just jumped up in my wishlist to pos. #2 :D Pos. #1 is held by two fully functional GTX 970s... :P

who cares...

You know that the ram usage in ghosts is completely artificial right? The game actually only uses 2gb but allocates 6gb to artificially inflate system requirements and make people think it has better graphics, but in fact it's still using id tech 3 from 1999.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Doesnt Dying Light have RAM leak or sum crap ? Also just uses 1 CPU core, how can TotalBuiscuit call it a good port...

This is because if you don't have dual channel RAM installed when playing BF4, the game is a piece of turd and runs like mess. If you install 2 sticks but DON'T use dual channel mode, it'll still stutter. I can guarantee this. My friend had the issue where he had 4 sticks and took out two and the game was running like crap, and then I took out two from my PC (also limiting myself to 8GB) and it ran fine, and we checked his motherboard and discovered he wasn't using the correct slots, so he rearranged them and now it works as well as it did when he had 16GB installed.

I don't think so... I'd rather there be something useful in that memory than simply having it being used. Granted people aren't noticing pop-in with dying light so maybe the world just has very high persistence, but I can't say the same of other games. Same arguement with vRAM: if it doesn't need to be high LEAVE IT LOW. Compress, use things common in the past, whatever. Just because we have more doesn't mean time to be sloppy.

AMD FX 8350 CPUs can't get above 25fps. The single-threadedness is hurting them badly. I'm dead certain the devs optimized this throughout the wazoo for the consoles' 8 cores, but they appear to have forgotten that their min spec is a QUADCORE FOR PC SO THEY SHOULD BALANCE PROPERLY FOR MULTIPLE CORES.

Dying Light is killing my FX 6300 aswell, first game i cant run properly since i have this CPU, great work Techland...

That has to be one of the worst console ports of all time. Anyone who says that attempts were made to optimize it should be beaten senseless daily.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You know that the ram usage in ghosts is completely artificial right? The game actually only uses 2gb but allocates 6gb to artificially inflate system requirements and make people think it has better graphics, but in fact it's still using id tech 3 from 1999.

haha yeah i just tried with only one ram stick and guess what...it took forever for windows to boot and the game does not launch...and this is 4GB. So you're wrong.

Doesnt Dying Light have RAM leak or sum crap ? Also just uses 1 CPU core, how can TotalBuiscuit call it a good port...

Probably because it run's well once you realise that the viewing distance is the only setting that noticeably affect performance...the game is not CPU bound, my GPU is getting a moutful and i'm above 60FPS consistently with the viewing distance half-way at 1080p...the game does not cap my VRAM yet it use plenty of it (2.6GB approx.) while using 7gb of RAM which i think is reasonable amount for a game to ask in this day and age...no i think it's an ''okay'' pc port too honestly.

Dying Light is killing my FX 6300 aswell, first game i cant run properly since i have this CPU, great work Techland...

That's a problem if your CPU has weak cores and the game exploit one core to it's full extent you're screwed...that's why AMD cpu's will never be strong CPU for gaming until AMD launch a CPU with strong cores. I know it can run around 35 to 40FPS with an highly overclocked FX CPU so it's still playable but it sucks...especialy if you happen to have a 400$ GPU in hands that could potentialy deliver 60 to 70 frames per second.

lol @ whoever buys more ram for these terrible PC ports.

:P i buy RAM because this is a game i want to play and i will not buy a console to play it....also many if not most pc games are console ports therefore it's a good idea to have a machine that can brute force it's way through any of these titles when you're an avid gamer. That said this one still run's perfectly fine even with ''only'' 8GB of RAM.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

haha yeah i just tried with only one ram stick and guess what...it took forever for windows to boot and the game does not launch...and this is 4GB. So you're wrong.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Call-Duty-Ghosts-6GB-RAM-Requirement-Fake-Modders-Offer-Patch-60336.html

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/11/pc-users-suggest-call-duty-ghosts-6gb-ram-requirement-artificial

The game goes, checks if you have EXACTLY a fixed amount of ram, then allocates it for itself and uses 2-3gb of it total. Proof of this is that gamers with 6gb of ram installed couldn't play the game (remember, not all the ram is available, but those 50mb shouldn't make a difference since the system requirements should leave a little bit of headroom just in case) and by the fact that it was easily patched by modders to use much less with no impact on (the anyway shitty) performance. So it seems to me that YOU are wrong.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Enjoying 64GB awesomeness, only going with 32GB with my X99 build though...

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

So it seems to me that YOU are wrong.

How could i be the one who's wrong...you said the game would run on 2GB of RAM...i popped out a stick and tried to boot the game and it does not even work with 4GB...?!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

How could i be the one who's wrong...you said the game would run on 2GB of RAM...i popped out a stick and tried to boot the game and it does not even work with 4GB...?!

I said the game USES 2-3gb. However it will check how much ram there is and if you don't have a certain fixed number the game will refuse to launch. If you have that number or more, the game will fill it with empty files to make it look like it's using more,

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I said the game USES 2-3gb. However it will check how much ram there is and if you don't have a certain fixed number the game will refuse to launch. If you have that number or more, the game will fill it with empty files to make it look like it's using more,

ok you defenetly smoke to much crack man...you bursted.

If you think game developpers would lock potential users out of a game for no good reasons you defenetly high brah...they work their ass off to get the requirements as low as possible so that as many people can play the game and will end up buying it and that's how they make money that's why they make these games.

Your conspiracy therory doesn't make any sense.

ok you defenetly smoke to much crack man...you bursted.

If you think game developpers would lock potential users out of a game for no good reasons you defenetly high brah...they work their ass off to get the requirements as low as possible so that as many people can play the game and will end up buying it and that's how they make money that's why they make these games.

Your conspiracy therory doesn't make any sense.

It's been proven. Keep denying facts if you will. Oh, and I'm sure devs make all they can to make things as light as possible, for example assassin's creed unity, right?

sudo chmod -R 000 /*