How do you think a PC like this or should i say a server would perform in the real world

TheRagingGamer

Hi i was searching for some insane builds people have put together and i found this: 

8O2yFU6.jpg

T1Fboeh.jpg

4uEJd7q.jpg

wb7kSHf.jpg

ktsqvL1.jpg

this is a AMD based server with 64 cores and 256gb of RAM, and i believe those are also 6 r9 290x graphics cards. I don't know wtf the guy who built it is doing with it now, but i wonder what this could be used for, I mean, think about the rendering times on this thing, that would be a mean editing machine, or he could make a website or something like that. 

I am guessing this probably wouldn't be that good for gaming as pretty much 60 cores wold be idling but hey you would never have to exit a game in your life.

Btw the specs of this if anyone knows what it is are:

AMD Opteron 6370P 
SUPERMICRO MBD-H8QGL-6F-O

and some generic shit 

this whole thing costs about $3000 just for the CPUs and the mobo 

what would you use this for, i am thinking this would be a pretty good rendering machine for linus, 
Btw does anyone know on what server this website is running on 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Dayumnnn

Probably mining

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Looks like a mentally retarded coin miner.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I think this is either for cryptocurrency mining, hardcore rendering, or both :) The first would explain the graphics cards, the second the cpus and the gpus too to a certain extent. He's certainly not gaming on it, I can tell you that much ;) if i had that sexy motherboard I think I'd use it for hardcore virtualization, I wouldn't even bother with more than one gpu.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Insane file compression server?

Rendering Server?

Virtual Machine Build?

Boink/ Fah?

All of the above sound really cool.

Or its a Miner

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

You could probably use it to make some dank memes

/r/dank_meme

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Run the same game in three instances simultaneously for practically 12K resolution?

Multi tabbing Facebook? Running a single smooth instance of Internet Explorer?

Not enough VRAM for 12K.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Most of those photos are just mining rigs. 

Here were mine (RIP in peace) :

IMG_0156.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

Also, most of these servers would perform quite poorly for gaming purposes since they wouldn't take advantage of the lots of threads they have. They also don't have GPUs. smh.

Spoiler

Run the same game in three instances simultaneously for practically 12K resolution?

Multi tabbing Facebook? Running a single smooth instance of Internet Explorer?

amd + internet explorer, two wrongs do make a right!

Most of those photos are just mining rigs. 

Here were mine (RIP in peace) :

Also, most of these servers would perform quite poorly for gaming purposes since they wouldn't take advantage of the lots of threads they have. They also don't have GPUs. smh.

Did you make enough coin to profit? Also thanks for probably killing cards. Yet also making them mega cheap. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Did you make enough coin to profit? Also thanks for probably killing cards. Yet also making them mega cheap. 

they're amd cards, they were born for the crapper

they're amd cards, they were born for the crapper

I dunno. considering my crossfire 7970s are running at 1150mhz, at 1.2 volts absolutely fine. A single card can keep far cry 4 at 1080p60fps on ultra. and each one was 130$. thats a damn good deal to me. And considering right now I can run the newest AAA game with only 50% of my horsepower just fine, Its going to last a while

i don't get it

gtx 970 4gb is is only 3.5gb. Nvidia lied about it being 4gb. essentially even tho the card shows up as 4gb if you use more than 3.5 gb of Vram it will slow the card down, Nvidia has announced that in later driver update gtx 970 will be limited to 3.5gb. AMD offers a discount on the r9 290x if you are returning gtx 970. They are also poking fun at Nvidia at twitter 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Not enough VRAM for 12K.

It's enough VRAM for 4K, isn't it? If you run the game thrice, it's 4K+4K+4K, it's practically 12K!

It's like 3 cars driving 10 kilometers each, practically a driving length of 30 kilometers. Practical logic right there. I fucking love the word practically.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!