Premium Laptop Brand: Which one?

Hello everyone, question is: What brand would you follow in 2015 (Add one extra if you know). Given these will actually adopt 5th Gen Intel Mobile cpus. If possible post your opinions over which has better cost-performance and also the one that offers the best service and quality. Thanks.

Groomlake Authority

None, I will always be partial to Asus, because you don't pay so much more than you need to, and they work come hell or high water (ok, maybe not water)

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

None, ASUS or MSI

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Lenovos y50 isnt too bad of a choice, but i dont like those custom PCs websites laptops, there all essentially the same and i just perfer people like msi and lenovo and asus. 

Main PC |CPU - i7-6700k|GPU - R9 290x tri-x 4gb|RAM - 16gb ddr4|MOBO - MSI z170 - A PRO|HDD - WD 1TB/240gb Sandisk |PSU - 700w Raidmax

Laptop |CPU - i7 4720hq|GPU - 960m 2gb|Ram - 8gb 2x4|Model - y50-70 Touch|SSD - 240gb Patriot drive|Display - 1920x1080 IPS touch

Apple might adopt decent mobile Broadwell CPUs and possibly put at least GTX 870Ms in their stuff and if possible they put two GTX 980Ms in the 5k iMac.

I hope System76 releases a more customizable option of their laptops.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

None, I will always be partial to Asus, because you don't pay so much more than you need to, and they work come hell or high water (ok, maybe not water)

I certainly agree here. I work retail and many of the ASUS laptops we come in are either damn near bulletproof in performance, or they just sink right down to the bottom. When ASUS hits the nail, they hit it on the head, but when they miss, they're a mile away. Luckily, I've only seen them miss on their lowest end devices, rarely have I seen them fail to provide the best on $800+ computers.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Apple might adopt decent mobile Broadwell CPUs and possibly put at least GTX 870Ms in their stuff and if possible they put two GTX 980Ms in the 5k iMac.

I hope System76 releases a more customizable option of their laptops.

Did the entire board and vision of apple change?

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Apple usually doesn't skimp on at least the CPUs in their laptops and with how the 970Ms perform, it isn't a stretch to say that high powered Broadwell i7s and 970Ms will make it into their Retinas. 

Thats a very powerful combo that is likely to be included in the March refresh. 

Or Apple will skip Broadwell entirely and go right to Skylake at the end of the year. Who knows. I personally say that between Crystal Well chips now, there isn't a pressing need to revamp anything to accommodate Broadwell in their laptops. 

Well I did say might and it is possible considering first mobile broadwell CPUs offer pretty good performance and sip, in Apple's perspective that might be beneficial in a marketing stand point because then they could claim longer battery life and deliver fairly well.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Well I did say might and it is possible considering first mobile broadwell CPUs offer pretty good performance and sip, in Apple's perspective that might be beneficial in a marketing stand point because then they could claim longer battery life and deliver fairly well.

Perhaps, but at what cost?

Hello everyone, question is: What brand would you follow in 2015 (Add one extra if you know). Given these will actually adopt 5th Gen Intel Mobile cpus. If possible post your opinions over which has better cost-performance and also the one that offers the best service and quality. Thanks.

Falcon Northwest, OriginPC and Digital storm use Clevo laptops... so they're all exactly the same. In their respect, I would suggest you buy from Sager through XoticPC or LPC-Digital, or getting Mythlogic's rebranding for lots of options and best prices.

As far as your poll goes, my choice is "clevo" followed by "MSI" followed by "Alienware" followed by "Gigabyte" (not counting their Aorus overheatbooks). I don't like ASUS on principle, but when working they're more between MSI and AW this time around, since AW went full locked parts this time around.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

MSI basically has the laptop I want, it has a mechanical keyboard for crying out loud.

Gigabyte and Asus are good too.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

In their respect, I would suggest you buy from Sager through XoticPC or LPC-Digital, or getting Mythlogic's rebranding for lots of options and best prices.

Thanks for your opinion, i found the NP9772-S specificly to be a really good model for the price and specifications it offers. Gonna consider this brand highly futurly.

Groomlake Authority

Thanks for your opinion, i found the NP9772-S specificly to be a really good model for the price and specifications it offers. Gonna consider this brand highly futurly.

Yeah, they've been around since I think the 70's or 80's (Clevo). Sager/Mythlogic/etc laptops tend to be very... lenient... in their warranties. Can change screens, modify video BIOSes, change CPU, change GPU, etc without voiding warranty (as long as the act of changing the part does not break your PC) and the driver package for their PCs comes with Intel XTU for overclocking/CPU tweaking.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Aorus or MSI ..

Personally , I prefer Aorus because ... Damn those looks ... I fell in love with the x3 just after seeing it .

But they also have a good bang for the buck andmay provide better performance than MSI for the same price .

Only problem is that the laptop may throttle a bit ..

The laptop itself looks like a spaceship.

It can get a bit noisy because its so slim, but the noise of the fans also sound like a spaceship !!

Soo.... I will vote for Aorus !

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :